Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 04:48 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Completed a brake upgrades. After calling around, the only company having proper sizes and upgrade kits is Girodisc. The front overall thickness has changed on the newer cars and I was unable to find the correct rotor. My car actually has the first development front rotor from GiroDisc. Most people used the S - 350mm but that left an unswept area. New rotors are developed for the base and T calipers. The rear are common to many other vars going back to the 996, 28mm thick with overall height at 75mm.
GiroDisc parts are: A1 203SL/SR for the front and A2 032 SL/SR for rear. I also installed the Brake Caliper stud kit from GiroDisc and Spiegler 6-line kit (braided brake lines). These provides more length for easier caliper removal during pad change.
Pads are Pagid RS 29 - U-8074 & 4909. Cant wait to properly try them

I have pictures but after IOS 12 upgrades I can't load any of them from my phone or ipad, or laptop if picture taken with iphone or ipad.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 PM
CloudJumping
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayHantz
I say congratulations! You really can't go wrong with any of these cars and you seem like you got a great deal on the Turbo.
Originally Posted by tgavem
Completed a brake upgrades. After calling around, the only company having proper sizes and upgrade kits is Girodisc. The front overall thickness has changed on the newer cars and I was unable to find the correct rotor. My car actually has the first development front rotor from GiroDisc. Most people used the S - 350mm but that left an unswept area. New rotors are developed for the base and T calipers. The rear are common to many other vars going back to the 996, 28mm thick with overall height at 75mm.
GiroDisc parts are: A1 203SL/SR for the front and A2 032 SL/SR for rear. I also installed the Brake Caliper stud kit from GiroDisc and Spiegler 6-line kit (braided brake lines). These provides more length for easier caliper removal during pad change.

I have pictures but after IOS 12 upgrades I can't load any of them from my phone or ipad, or laptop if picture taken with iphone or ipad.
okay great. sounds like a great OEM + setup. thank you for posting details.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:00 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Has anyone figured out what the lightest configuration of the T turns out to be? Not even I did lightest possible but I know Im pretty close - I upgraded to boat anchor Bose with more speakers/subwoofer (my tunes are important) and I like look of Chrono clock but Im sure I could have saved lbs if I had deleted those. Im thinking lightest config in US would be buckets with rear seat delete, PCCB, standard radio, no chrono clock, no extra leather, no rear wheel steer, standard lights, nothing else. Im sort of a weight nerd so would be interested in how much weight between different lights, rear wheel steer verses none, etc. Iam pulling out my scales when I get my car and intend to document weight savings in making a few non invasive changes like battery and wheels, maybe a few weight reducing suspension and exhaust mods.
According to an article on the 911R that I read quite some time ago, RWS adds 6 pounds. That was per the engineers.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:40 PM
taney
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starting a new thread for the T owners.

Mine is white, LWB, 7MT. Arrives in June. Plan to take it On the track so looking at fvd tune and upgrade to 350mm rotors.

Build is PJNHGHY5

send me your info and I will start a spreadsheet. Maybe less of these than the GT3 cars.

We have very similar cars! I think the only additions I have are: Sports Chrono clock & AWS. Here's mine.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Congrats to all T owners! I am still considering adding a T to my stable. What discounts off MSRP are you guys seeing?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

“Completed a brake upgrades. After calling around, the only company having proper sizes and upgrade kits is Girodisc.”

Are the new rotors larger diameter? Did you use spacers for the calipers?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:40 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 529 Likes on 227 Posts

My car is stuck in Port but my dealership is trying to get her here quickly. My build attached:

Old 11-06-2018, 08:15 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pep!RRRR
“Completed a brake upgrades. After calling around, the only company having proper sizes and upgrade kits is Girodisc.”

Are the new rotors larger diameter? Did you use spacers for the calipers?
yes, upsized to 350mm and used spacers to move out the caliper. The new surface area is great fit with stock and pagid pads. PM with your email and I will send photos.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:18 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by taney
We have very similar cars! I think the only additions I have are: Sports Chrono clock & AWS. Here's mine.
Your car looks great.
I did a couple of interior upgrades too, changed shifter boot to GT4 alcantara with red deviated stitching from Suncoast and houndstooth seat inserts from Exclusive options. There are pictures earlier in this thread.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:15 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 376 Likes on 201 Posts

Apple needs to work this out. On a mac you can open the heic file and export it as a jpg... I understand technology must and should move ahead, but when your pictures can't be opened by anyone with less than a currently updated macos or ios device it gets a little ridiculous.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:21 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by anythingbuttime
Apple needs to work this out. On a mac you can open the heic file and export it as a jpg... I understand technology must and should move ahead, but when your pictures can't be opened by anyone with less than a currently updated macos or ios device it gets a little ridiculous.

Its a trillion dollar ruthlessly efficient closed ecosystem. They don't care about making uploading pics on a blog easier. .

Last edited by G99x.y; 11-08-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 10:22 AM
mpwww
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

So how many Lava Orange Carrera T models are there nationwide? (I think Lava Orange and LWB seats were the only two mandatory options for me, but I did add in Bose and RAS.) Pictures c/o Detailer's Domain after doing a phenomenal job w/ PPF. Absolutely love this car.

The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-05-2019)
Old 11-10-2018, 10:52 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by mpwww
So how many Lava Orange Carrera T models are there nationwide?
I doubt many people will want to fork over the extra money for lava on the T. It's a polarizing color, to say the least (visit the GT3 forum for endless threads on it). And part of what makes the T appealing is that it's a financially smart package, so nonessential cost options such as the "special" colors will likely be a quick pass for most. For these reasons, I don't expect to ever see one in person.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:19 AM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

Looks great mpwww! I have a lava t on order and am think it suits the car well. How much of the car did you ppf?
Old 11-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

For me any color that is not white, black or silver is a winner. Latest issue of Panorama has a commentary on this as well.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club