Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018 | 07:00 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bonn72
I like this! I'm not getting rid of it for many years (if ever), and I'm starting to come to terms with having a few scratches/scars.
Thank you! It's just me. Something well used, maintained but not beat, and clearly loved is a joy to own and see. But if someone wants to keep it looking showroom fresh, more power to them. I've done the whole PPF route before on other high-end cars and understand it. One of the very reasons I am getting the T (And yes, you can say I've bought the hype...) is because, for me, going the babied/protected/pristine route is the exact opposite of what it represents.
S
Old 10-31-2018 | 08:41 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

I'm surprised to see more folks getting no PPF at all. From other threads it always seems like most get some type of partial PPF.
I completely agree with your observation. With a T on order, I have traveled to one end of this PPF spectrum and back.

Gotten full coverage quotes ranging from 5k to 10k. Then I realized I’ve never put on anything protective for my previous cars (dozens, including a 911). But I also do realize I always have chips on the hood and a handful of times on top of front fender. So at this point, if anything, just full front. Then again even 2-3k feels expensive when I think about what would need to do to replace the film if they become damaged.

Couple that with WingCommander’s comment which I identify with in how I’d handle my car (minus my T being daily and high mileage), I’m back to going naked, for now.

I REALLY think this T will be a special car for me. But I always think that about all of my cars while waiting for delivery and for at least 2 months after delivery.

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Personally, no PPF on my T. Mine’s a daily driver and my sole car. Picked up in April and done 8,656 miles already. So no point in wrapping the car in cotton wool. It’s a car and is designed to be driven. Mine lives outside too, so definitely no garage queen. In my opinion, if the car needs a bit of touching up at trade in time, the cost of such work is unlikely to exceed what I would have spent on PPF. Just my view.
Old 11-01-2018 | 12:35 AM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I think just like you about this, jkyrennist. I actually had made an appointment at Xtreme Detail and then cancelled it. Just not sure about it. Right now I'm leaning toward 'No PPF', but as me again tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2018 | 12:40 AM
Ukkid74
Burning Brakes

I did full ppf wrap on the hood, fenders and bumper. Happy as after two rallys it has saved my front end for sure.
Matty
Old 11-01-2018 | 10:33 AM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Ukkid74
I did full ppf wrap on the hood, fenders and bumper. Happy as after two rallys it has saved my front end for sure.
Matty
Great. Thanks for swinging the pendulum in the other direction.
Old 11-01-2018 | 01:35 PM
Apollo Falcon
Instructor

I did full-ish front (full hood and everything but partial fenders) as I thought it would give me the protection I'd need from flying Texas road pebbles and it was cheaper than a full front wrap.

Also, I've mentioned it a few times but I'm always curious what other T owners were planning as far as tint (if any) for those living in the south. I did 35% all around and I'm pretty happy with it. Originally had 20% on the back but I needed it replaced because of some dust/trash that got caught in it and I switched it to 35% all around.
Old 11-01-2018 | 01:52 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Apollo Falcon
Also, I've mentioned it a few times but I'm always curious what other T owners were planning as far as tint (if any) for those living in the south. I did 35% all around and I'm pretty happy with it. Originally had 20% on the back but I needed it replaced because of some dust/trash that got caught in it and I switched it to 35% all around.
Was planning on using your recipe, and maybe even your installer if I am down that way/it's convenient... When you get a chance, could you post some new snaps of the 35% all-around and in the sun? Love to see what your auto is looking like now. Thanks!

S
Old 11-01-2018 | 02:07 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jkyrennist

I REALLY think this T will be a special car for me. But I always think that about all of my cars while waiting for delivery and for at least 2 months after delivery.
This is me in a nutshell..... I love my T so far and I have a feeling it will stay that way longer than past cars. Time will tell.....
Old 11-01-2018 | 02:07 PM
Apollo Falcon
Instructor

Originally Posted by S S
Was planning on using your recipe, and maybe even your installer if I am down that way/it's convenient... When you get a chance, could you post some new snaps of the 35% all-around and in the sun? Love to see what your auto is looking like now. Thanks!

S
Sure thing. Probably going to have to wait for weekend as I work in the depths of a hospital and never see the light of day during the week. If head my way let me know and we can grab a beer or something and talk T.
Old 11-01-2018 | 03:55 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

My 911T is on the Bishu Highway waiting to dock in Halifax:

Old 11-01-2018 | 04:25 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I thought Bishu Highway was a road until I googled it. lol
I wonder if mine is on it as well. It's supposed to arrive early November.
Old 11-01-2018 | 07:04 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

I thought Bishu Highway was a road until I googled it. lol
I wonder if mine is on it as well. It's supposed to arrive early November.
Potentially...here's her next stops:

Attached Images
Old 11-01-2018 | 09:29 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Very cool. I hope that East Coast stop is it.
Old 11-04-2018 | 09:06 PM
Grantsfo
Pro

Originally Posted by Copperhead37
Yeah it’s hard to describe how impressedi was. My cayman is stiff competition in the handling department. I upgraded the suspension to X73 sport, added gt3 sway bars. Added S brakes with Gt3 master cylinder, added gt4 short shifter. Added gt4front clip and Techart wing II ON THE REAR. It is nailed to the pavement. I was actually planning on doing a 4.L swap and LSD NEXT. TEST DRIVING THE T with RAS stopped me in my tracks.
funny you and I are coming from silimiar cars into the T with similar response. I test drove T with rear wheel steer and fell in love with the car. Like no 911 I have driven in the past. My Cayman was crazy with all sorts of go fast stuff. The T just felt more balanced and buttoned up. ...Power was nice too. I’m going crazy waiting for my late December delivery of my T. However I’m already collecting bits and pieces for the T.
Old 11-04-2018 | 09:14 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I decided to go full carbon interior bits. Steering wheel (gonna swap the black trim from the gt wheel, with black mf buttons from the cf wheel-all black), black dash and console. Aftermarket weighted shift ****. Hope it looks good... cant stop modding. Omg
if anyone wants the black gts aluminum its gonna be up for sale soon.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club