Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 04:03 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Added a set of winter wheels and tires for the coming months here in NY. They are 19's which softens the ride quite a lot. After 1500 miles I'm super happy I had the tune and short shifter fitted. The tune gives the car an edge that I think it needs, for a relatively small investment.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:16 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

dlb, sorry if you already posted and I missed it, but which tune and shifter did you go with, thanks!
Old 11-14-2018, 06:52 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
Added a set of winter wheels and tires for the coming months here in NY. They are 19's which softens the ride quite a lot. After 1500 miles I'm super happy I had the tune and short shifter fitted. The tune gives the car an edge that I think it needs, for a relatively small investment.

You don't have RAS correct?

Ive heard of guys with RS's running 19's in the winter and still clearing the RAS motors...

Can anyone confirm?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:37 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

I’m possibly looking at selling my T and moving to a Macan Turbo. Anyone have any experience with them and will I have fun (albeit different to the T) in a Macan Turbo?
Old 11-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

I had both. Pm me if you wanna chat. This is a tough question.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:35 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
I’m possibly looking at selling my T and moving to a Macan Turbo. Anyone have any experience with them and will I have fun (albeit different to the T) in a Macan Turbo?
We own a Macan GTS, and I've driven a Macan Turbo at a PCNA demo event. My T hasn't arrived yet so don't have tons of experience with it, but have already driven both manual and PDK versions of T on street and track.

The Macan is a pretty brilliant platform for a crossover. Handles surprisingly well, has great power band even in GTS and even more so in the Turbo. Very practical car given the four doors and space, relative to a 911. Pretty sure a Macan Turbo will handily beat a 911T in a straight line, and these Macan's can hold their own at the track.

That said, it still has higher CoG and quite a bit more weight than a 911. So while I think the Macan is really outstanding for what it is, I'm not in the camp that would describe it as a 4-door 911. If you want the feel of a sports car or a manual gearbox or whatever, the Macan won't replace a 911T. If you want a more practical and comfortable vehicle to drive on a regular basis that overall is still more fun than most cars, a Macan is the better choice.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:54 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 112 Posts

I have both and they are totally different vehicles with totally different capabilities which states the obvious. I would spend as much time as possible driving the Macan and really thinking about what role each vehicle fills in your automotive needs. And they both are great which makes the decision difficult
Old 11-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Don't.....sell....it.
The following users liked this post:
GT3FZS (11-05-2019)
Old 11-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks gents, I appreciate the feedback. @Randy ... it's a tough call, the T is too good to let go! But I do need something a bit more practical (but still want it to be fun), so will need to make a decision. I'm going to try to get out and test drive a GTS or Turbo model shortly. I've driven the S and it's really quite good, but I felt it's "kinda, sorta" lacking in power a bit which is why I wanted to explore the Turbo (or maybe the GTS as well). We shall see ...
Old 11-15-2018, 02:03 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 129 Posts

My TWO previous vehicles before the T were Macan GTS's (first one got totalled after just 3 months, and got a second one). I absolutely LOVED the Macan GTS. Much more so than the Macan Turbo. Yes, the turbo may be a little faster, but the driving dynamics of the GTS are so much better. And don't believe the myth that it is just a matter of lowering the Turbo to match the GTS handling characteristics. Mine had Sport Chrono, and PTV+ and it was a joy to drive. I actually had second thoughts about going into a 911 due to how much I liked the Macan. Having said that, they are two very different vehicles the T and the Macan. The T is sports car and it reminds you every day, with the noisier cabin, quick responses, harsher ride, etc. The Macan is an extremely comfortable, useful, and fun to drive SUV. Yes, it is the closest thing to a 911 that an SUV will get to, but still, it is not a 911. If I were to have only ONE vehicle at all, it would be the Macan GTS. The good thing is that a few months after I bought the T, I got Macan for my wife too, so, now we have the best of both worlds!

Now, may I ask the reason why you are thinking about moving away from the T?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

A Macan Turbo PP might fit the bill, if Porsche do that model in the US?
Old 11-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Thanks gents, I appreciate the feedback. @Randy ... it's a tough call, the T is too good to let go! But I do need something a bit more practical (but still want it to be fun), so will need to make a decision. I'm going to try to get out and test drive a GTS or Turbo model shortly. I've driven the S and it's really quite good, but I felt it's "kinda, sorta" lacking in power a bit which is why I wanted to explore the Turbo (or maybe the GTS as well). We shall see ...
We have a Macan GTS also. It's a great car and can toss it around on the backroads. We were looking at a Macan Turbo at the same time but I didn't feel all that much of a diff between the two considering what they are and how we use that type of a car. The GTS is the sweet spot model of the lineup from what I hear/read.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
The GTS is the sweet spot model of the lineup from what I hear/read.
The same has often been said about the 911...
Old 11-15-2018, 04:45 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

I test drove a Macan and wife has a Q5, I find them just on the small side for being an utility vehicle. Driver seat is great but rear seats are small as well as cargo area. The Cayenne is perfect, not gigantic like a navigator or Tahoe but plenty of room and utility. Also, rear hatch opens up fully so i dont bump my head on it like wife's Q5.
My 17' GTS with Sport Chrono is plenty fast.

Note, you can get the Turbo Macan with Power Kit in the US. makes it uber fast.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
I test drove a Macan and wife has a Q5, I find them just on the small side for being an utility vehicle. Driver seat is great but rear seats are small as well as cargo area. The Cayenne is perfect, not gigantic like a navigator or Tahoe but plenty of room and utility. Also, rear hatch opens up fully so i dont bump my head on it like wife's Q5.
My 17' GTS with Sport Chrono is plenty fast.

Note, you can get the Turbo Macan with Power Kit in the US. makes it uber fast.
On your wife's Q5, you can push the rear hatch up when it's open and it will return to that position the next time. Unless you are extremely tall, this should be fine. My wife's hatch is way over my head (I'm 6').

We actually were introduced to that feature when we were shopping as it's "default" position is way too low and I just about smacked my forehead! Previously she had an Infinity and the hatch (when open) was way too low.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club