Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 01:04 PM
mpwww
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by aaa335
Looks great mpwww! I have a lava t on order and am think it suits the car well. How much of the car did you ppf?
Full front, A pillars, and roof leading edge.

I went with the Carrera T because it was a little more special than the base and allowed me a few options the base did not allow (RAS & LWB). I viewed the modern Carrera T as a driver's car and not as a more utilitarian/economical 911. Paying up for the Lava Orange and the LWB seats was never a hesitation. That being said, I toyed between a complete "base" Carrera T in white and no options and my current model, so I can see the value in both!

Last edited by mpwww; 11-10-2018 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:31 PM
Beartooth
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The accents on the T make them all look great, but Lava Orange will really be sharp. So, will side stripes be black or grey? Just wondering.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:03 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
I decided to go full carbon interior bits. Steering wheel (gonna swap the black trim from the gt wheel, with black mf buttons from the cf wheel-all black), black dash and console. Aftermarket weighted shift ****. Hope it looks good... cant stop modding. Omg
if anyone wants the black gts aluminum its gonna be up for sale soon.
I might be interested in the black aluminum when you are ready to sell. I’ve enjoyed watching your YouTube videos also.

My T should be delivered in the next 10 days!
Old 11-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Congrats to all T owners! I am still considering adding a T to my stable. What discounts off MSRP are you guys seeing?
I just bought a GT Silver Carrera T from Park Place Porsche in Dallas for 7% off list price with free shipping to AZ.

My SA was Kevan Chughtai and he was great to work with.

They currently have 4 more Ts in stock.
Old 11-10-2018, 02:29 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

I wanted a more unique color badly...but was warned not to buy lava without seeing it first..I had to go to California to see one and I do understand why...it throws odd hues in certain light..but that was not my issue...I just really wanted the "matchy matchy interior" In my case Guards Red with Red T Interior. Had there been another option to compliment it...

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I doubt many people will want to fork over the extra money for lava on the T. It's a polarizing color, to say the least (visit the GT3 forum for endless threads on it). And part of what makes the T appealing is that it's a financially smart package, so nonessential cost options such as the "special" colors will likely be a quick pass for most. For these reasons, I don't expect to ever see one in person.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:09 PM
shing911500e
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Show of hands........ who's actually driven a T without RAS??

Not questioning the value of RAS at all, but curious to know who among those who have cars with RAS have also driven a T without it? Any concrete, like for like comparisons that can be drawn?
Old 11-10-2018, 03:31 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by shing911500e
Not questioning the value of RAS at all, but curious to know who among those who have cars with RAS have also driven a T without it? Any concrete, like for like comparisons that can be drawn?
You really have to do this yourself. I don't have it, test drove an S with it. Can tell the difference but not enough to matter for me to deal with potential reliability issues down the road (unfounded fear but I plan on keeping the car as long as I can) I find this forum to be similar to the audio forums I frequent. There are those with very strong opinions and then others take it as gospel. I mean there are many who spend thousands on interconnects and power cables and say it's a quantum leap in perforamce. I spent a few hundred just because and I can't tell a lick of difference.
Same way with the lightweight buckets. There are posters that say they are a must have in a T. I would hate my car using then daily.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:48 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Lava orange looks amazing. Congrats
Old 11-10-2018, 04:00 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Can anyone tell me if the base sound system has a sub-woofer unit? And where it’s located?

i think mine has too much base. Was able to turn base down - my more than in other cars.

ideally would like to remove it
Old 11-10-2018, 04:57 PM
TexZen
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Can anyone tell me if the base sound system has a sub-woofer unit? And where it’s located?

i think mine has too much base. Was able to turn base down - my more than in other cars.

ideally would like to remove it
Per Porsche "

Sound Package Plus

Sound Package Plus, with eight loudspeakers and a total output of 150 watts, delivers excellent sound. The amplifier integrated into PCM optimally adapts the acoustic pattern in the vehicle interior to the driver and front passenger." .. So, no subwoofer... If there were one, I'm sure porsche would have specifically called it out as they did in their bose and burmester audio system upgrades.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:08 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by dchang81
You really have to do this yourself. I don't have it, test drove an S with it. Can tell the difference but not enough to matter for me to deal with potential reliability issues down the road (unfounded fear but I plan on keeping the car as long as I can) I find this forum to be similar to the audio forums I frequent. There are those with very strong opinions and then others take it as gospel. I mean there are many who spend thousands on interconnects and power cables and say it's a quantum leap in perforamce. I spent a few hundred just because and I can't tell a lick of difference.
Same way with the lightweight buckets. There are posters that say they are a must have in a T. I would hate my car using then daily.
I'm with dchang. I ordered my T without RAS for many reasons that have been hashed out by a lot of people on here already. Suffice it to say that I love my car just the way it is and dont feel like I miss RAS. Also know that I did not test drive a car with it and I'm ok with that. I also ordered the LWBS and love them too. 2 weeks and 1300 miles make me feel like I got the right combination for me. Good luck!!
Old 11-10-2018, 05:37 PM
Haliax
Racer

Default What should I name my Carrera T?

Quick poll of my fellow Carrera T owners:

What should I name my new T? My outgoing Audi A6 was Axel. I’m thinking the Carrera T is either Hans or Klaus. Thoughts?
Old 11-10-2018, 05:54 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Mine is Erika. I like riding females... YMMV...
Old 11-10-2018, 06:35 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by S S
Mine is Erika. I like riding females... YMMV...
Old 11-10-2018, 07:08 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 222 Posts

I have not driven an a car with RAS... And, my T has no RAS... But, turns out I can still go around corners. :-)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club