Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 10:01 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
Techart lowering springs and Soul headers installed today. Already had the Soul sport cats and BMC air filter, but wow this is a new level of noise. Springs lowered a full 1/2" in the front, but less than 1/4" in the rear.
Interested to hear how that mod affects handling.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:23 AM
jayson
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by derpington
Hello 911 T owners,

Since there is nothing like buying at the top of the market, I'm strongly considering purchasing a 911 T for a daily driver. I've got a few questions for those of you that have experience with them.
  • Anything specific to the T model to look out for in a used car? I'm aware of the door panel warping issue that 991s have, and I'll get a PPI, but is there anything else common to look out for?
  • Right now my mandatory options are manual and LWBS (I've had them in a previous car, and I would not buy a Porsche without if they are available on the model). I'm strongly inclined towards RAS, as well. I know it's very subjective, but are there any other options that I should not be willing to go without?
  • I know there is not an electric defroster in the rear window because of the lightweight glass. Do those of you that drive year round have any issues with fog?
  • Is there anything you know after having your T that you wished you knew before you had purchased it that would have influenced your decision?
Thank you for all your help, and if there is anyone that has a T that is considering selling with my desired options, please hit me up.
Honestly, I think the simpler the build on the T the more desirable it is (and this is coming from someone who has a highly specced model).

Manual, buckets, RWS, and ideally a fun color are about all you need IMHO (and folks debate the RWS, but I like it, and was a unique option).

And yes, no defroster on the rear lightweight glass - has never been an issue for me but I don't use it as a daily.

+1 if you can find a racing yellow, miami blue or lava orange.
Old 03-18-2022, 11:12 AM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,215 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by jayson
Honestly, I think the simpler the build on the T the more desirable it is (and this is coming from someone who has a highly specced model).

Manual, buckets, RWS, and ideally a fun color are about all you need IMHO (and folks debate the RWS, but I like it, and was a unique option).

And yes, no defroster on the rear lightweight glass - has never been an issue for me but I don't use it as a daily.

+1 if you can find a racing yellow, miami blue or lava orange.
I understand the appeal of RWS but I would not let it be a deal breaker for me. Car drives great with or without RWS, and if you don’t have it you can take comfort in knowing GT3 Cup cars don’t have it either. To me a deal breaker was something that added needless weight: sunroof, 18-way seats, etc. However, my advice is always: buy what is right for you, and you know you better than randos on the interwebz.
The following users liked this post:
minh (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 11:22 AM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

I think only the base black dials say "Carrera T" on the dial. The other colors lose it. Sort of weird.
The following 2 users liked this post by G99x.y:
991_T (03-18-2022), polobai (03-27-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 12:10 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Hello 911 T owners,

Since there is nothing like buying at the top of the market, I'm strongly considering purchasing a 911 T for a daily driver. I've got a few questions for those of you that have experience with them.
  • Anything specific to the T model to look out for in a used car? I'm aware of the door panel warping issue that 991s have, and I'll get a PPI, but is there anything else common to look out for?
  • Right now my mandatory options are manual and LWBS (I've had them in a previous car, and I would not buy a Porsche without if they are available on the model). I'm strongly inclined towards RAS, as well. I know it's very subjective, but are there any other options that I should not be willing to go without?
  • I know there is not an electric defroster in the rear window because of the lightweight glass. Do those of you that drive year round have any issues with fog?
  • Is there anything you know after having your T that you wished you knew before you had purchased it that would have influenced your decision?
Thank you for all your help, and if there is anyone that has a T that is considering selling with my desired options, please hit me up.

Hello!

I bought my car from new in April 2018, and it’s my sole car & daily driver. It now has over 38,000 miles on the clock. I went for Racing Yellow, manual transmission, Carrera T Interior Package. As it’s my daily driver throughout the year, I opted for rear seats and ‘normal’ rear glass with heating element.

I don’t honestly think I’d change anything.

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2022, 01:05 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Hello 911 T owners,

There are a lot of cars out there without the T Interior Package... It really sets the car off nicely having it. That is about it for cosmetic stuff that I would recommend. If you are looking for the "best" resale then try and get the most performance spec'd goodies you can. PCCB are a must for me. They will feel like they are defying physics every time you use them. Again and again and again. I find the Full Buckets to be the most comfortable seats I have had in a Porsche, even after several hours of driving. RAS is also a must. It significantly tightens up the car for both low and high speed turning, even with PTV and the LSD in the MT. Sunroof is a contentious issue. Some guys are not going to buy a car with them and some guys wont touch a car without them... I went without because I have big glass roofs in my other vehicles and I was going for the lightest/most performance oriented car I could spec. A lot of guys will tell you RAS, for example, adds complexity, etc. But I think you could count on one hand, minus a thumb, how many folks have ever posted here having any drama with it. I honestly don't recall a one. Unless you plan to squat the car FAL is not needed in most driveways. Only other mod I did to mine (beyond the compulsory white turn indicators) is drop the muffler for a Sharkwerks exhaust which has been awesome. Beyond all that, I would say Michelins (whatever flavor you think) vice the Perellis (the road noise isn't any different, nor is the wear. But they definitely feel like they give more road feedback and inspire confidence) and a aggressive alignment and you will find the car amazing for any real world use you put it to. 3 plus years with mine and never considered anything to replace it yet. Most of the T Army are the same way. Good luck!

SS
991_T (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 01:32 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

@polobai I did not. The shop was adamantly against it, citing handling characteristics and squat during launches. Is there any way to play with the perch setting with the strut in on the car? enough space to get a spring compressor in there? Thanks!
Old 03-18-2022, 01:38 PM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

@VektorPerformance put 100 miles on it yesterday, haven't noticed any difference in handling. I took measurements before and after. At stock height the front was .4" lower than the rear. It now sits ~.6" lower than the rear. spring rate is great and ride is very comfortable.
Old 03-18-2022, 02:02 PM
991_T
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Techart lowering springs and Soul headers installed today. Already had the Soul sport cats and BMC air filter, but wow this is a new level of noise. Springs lowered a full 1/2" in the front, but less than 1/4" in the rear. The stance is mean so I don't mind it, and these cars are supposed to have some rake I guess. Currently have 7mm spacers up front, 5mm spacers rear.

Will take some more pics of the stance this weekend.

On paper this should put her at about 390whp/360wftlbs, which feels just about right. Not sure she needs to be any quicker. Shop said the APR tune will without a doubt result in 475whp/455wftlbs with these supporting mods. Apparently they have tuned 4 other Ts and hit 450hp out of all of them with just the tune alone. (Goodspeed in Scottsdale).

Regardless, super stoked. warranty expires in May. might be time for a tune.
I have similar mods SOUL Headers & Cats as well as a IPD Plenum and Air Filter, I instantly noticed the sound of the turbos which was a nice addition along with a subtle rumble from the exhaust, but it was lost when on the track due to wearing a helmet
My next mod will be TIAL inlet tubes and maybe intercoolers, I will then add a Stage 1 COBB tune then data log a redline pull in 3rd then send it to a tuner for a specific tune curtailed to the mods I've added.
After spending last weekend at the track with POC and talking to other Porsche people that know more about these cars that I'll ever know LOL the general consensus is that data logging is the best way to make a tune work.
Thanks for adding Goodspeed in Scottdale AZ I'll give them a call and pick their brains about a custom tune.
BA73 (03-18-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 10:30 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 534 Likes on 218 Posts

T Army,
without starting a 991.2 T holy war, does anyone have hard evidence that our Ts were in-fact developed at Weissach (yes I’m looking at you 737gdog w/engine mounts)? I’m about to update my interior because the plastic black looks dumb with carbon buckets and I’d prefer to spend the extra $300 for Weissach if it was in fact developed like the GT series to represent what it is. Thanks for the help.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:44 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 567 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
T Army,
without starting a 991.2 T holy war, does anyone have hard evidence that our Ts were in-fact developed at Weissach (yes I’m looking at you 737gdog w/engine mounts)? I’m about to update my interior because the plastic black looks dumb with carbon buckets and I’d prefer to spend the extra $300 for Weissach if it was in fact developed like the GT series to represent what it is. Thanks for the help.

No evidence ALC, I enjoy pushing buttons and getting a rise out of people. I am amazed at the amount of time people spend trying to justify a purchase, effort to feel good about decisions made, the want, need for personal gratification. Enjoy what you have, drive it, be healthy and enjoy life. Worry less about what random people post on a message board. If you want to update your interior just do it for you.👍
The following 2 users liked this post by 737gdog:
ngamountains (03-26-2022), Surge74 (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 10:56 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 534 Likes on 218 Posts

All I needed, thanks! This car has always been about driving and enjoying not about others…love the T because it’s just that a drivers car, not a collector’s.
The following 3 users liked this post by Alc:
ngamountains (03-26-2022), spyderbret (03-27-2022), Zylinderkopfdichtung (03-26-2022)
Old 03-26-2022, 11:03 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 125 Posts

Dropped mine off today for full front PPF. Gotta preserve this “rare” bird!

All 911s are amazing cars (i’ve had a bunch) but there is something truly special about sliding into those fabric striped centers and driving the **** outta this one
The following 2 users liked this post by GBX:
burnurass (03-28-2022), G99x.y (03-27-2022)
Old 03-27-2022, 01:06 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
T Army,
I've posted the launch presentation vid from LA a couple times... It was developed at Weissach according to it.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:19 AM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

@polobai I did not. The shop was adamantly against it, citing handling characteristics and squat during launches. Is there any way to play with the perch setting with the strut in on the car? enough space to get a spring compressor in there? Thanks!
No way to adjust safely on the car. I tried and ended up having to pull them off and adjust. There is an extra 1/2 inch of adjustments in there in 1/8 inch increments to suite your needs. I honestly don’t see how it would change the characteristics any more than a set of lowering springs would…
The following 2 users liked this post by polobai:
BA73 (03-29-2022), G99x.y (03-27-2022)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club