Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 09:53 AM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 444 Posts

I was curious today and wanted to see how many / asking prices for manual T's nationwide and found some interesting results:

- Rennlist has zero T's for sale (not too surprising)
- AutoTrader has 6 manual T's for sale (none below $92k and one 2018 with 7k for $105k )
- Cars.com has 2 manual T's for sale (one unique not found on AutoTrader is the lowest priced manual car at $86,800)
- Cargurus has 2 manual T's for sale (one unique not found on AutoTrader @ $106k)
- Ebay motors zero T's for sale
- BAT zero T's for auction
- Pcar Market zero T's for auction
- Finder.porsche.com 1 manual T for sale ($100k)

So there are 9 manual T's for sale on the major sites right now (might be less as the one on porsche.com could also be on AutoTrader). These are often difficult to find because as many of us know dealers often label the PDK as a "manual". Compare that to 61 991.2 GT3's (28 manual) on Cargurus alone right now.

I am just lucky I was able to find mine with the options I wanted - with these being primarily enthusiast owned and low production numbers, I don't see many of these changing hands too often.

I guess what I am getting at is that all of this bodes well for values holding strong on T's, especially manuals. I'm a reasonable man, but I would only sell mine if someone was willing to do a straight up deal for a GT3T, any takers?
The following 5 users liked this post by Schn3ll:
Northern911T (07-08-2020), polobai (07-08-2020), S S (07-08-2020), SFZ GT3 (09-21-2020), tourenwagen (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 AM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,319 Likes on 1,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Schn3ll
I was curious today and wanted to see how many / asking prices for manual T's nationwide and found some interesting results:

- AutoTrader has 6 manual T's for sale (none below $92k and one 2018 with 7k for $105k )
- Cars.com has 2 manual T's for sale (one unique not found on AutoTrader is the lowest priced manual car at $86,800)
- Cargurus has 2 manual T's for sale (one unique not found on AutoTrader @ $106k)

So there are 9 manual T's for sale on the major sites right now (might be less as the one on porsche.com could also be on AutoTrader). These are often difficult to find because as many of us know dealers often label the PDK as a "manual". Compare that to 61 991.2 GT3's (28 manual) on Cargurus alone right now.

I am just lucky I was able to find mine with the options I wanted - with these being primarily enthusiast owned and low production numbers, I don't see many of these changing hands too often.

I guess what I am getting at is that all of this bodes well for values holding strong on T's, especially manuals. I'm a reasonable man, but I would only sell mine if someone was willing to do a straight up deal for a GT3T, any takers?
I hunted for my T for around 6 months. I knew the spec I wanted and didn't really care about the color. Interestingly enough the one I purchased last week that was semi local was white which was actually my first color choice.

The numbers you quote above seem to have held steady over the past few months. I would always filter by manual and then location and there was usually no more than 10 across the country. Agree this looks good for future values.
The following users liked this post:
S S (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 10:16 AM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
The heating element is very evident if you have ‘normal’ rear glass with a heated rear screen.

Does it run through the center or around the edge?
Old 07-08-2020, 11:10 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 237 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by 737gdog
Does it run through the center or around the edge?
std glass:

Lightweight glass:

Old 07-08-2020, 11:11 AM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Received 404 Likes on 228 Posts

@Wing Commander if you have any recommended track events/driving days in the UK in august i'd love to hear about them. i spend every august and december in the UK.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:20 AM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by BA73
std glass:

Lightweight glass:

Perfect thanks! Did not think my T had lightweight glass due to the defroster switch but it does. Never bothered to use the switch. I can tell a difference when I tap it with my finger as well.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:38 AM
Das14444
Pro

Received 333 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceepe
Despite the T being a lukewarm initial reception in sales terms, and despite the new car being wide, it seems Porsche added a purist matrix to 911 offerings, with R and T. They possibly will tweak those model names, but doesn't it seem they will offer a lower level, and a higher level
purist offering in 992? From the company who knows how to own customers like no other car maker? I bet we see a 992 R-like NA engine send-off, as well as a Carrera based purist offering, possibly under a different nomenclature from Carrera T, and 911R. Moot for 991.2 cars,
value or desire for them, since any new attempt at a base purist package will be wide front and quite different from the 991.2 cars. And possibly just that, an option package, at least for the Carrera based offering. I'd expect a similar car in concept, likely in the 992.2 models.
I think - and I could be wrong - the idea with the 992 is anyone can spec the lightweight package across the model range. I also read NO manual in the base carrera. I agree it would make sense to do another “purist” type car.
I would be the first to buy a 4.0 NA manual 992 carrera - but Im not holding my breath.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Ceepe
Rennlist Member

Received 539 Likes on 285 Posts

Yes. But I'm not suggesting it will be NA. The GT send offs will be but not the Carrera likely, if there is something like this. Only a turbo makes sense given the past direction. However, if it's true that all the progress on emissions averages are now going to regress, maybe we will see an NA engine in a non GT 992. All in all they will likely produce a few highly desirable cars in the 992 generation.
Old 07-08-2020, 12:58 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Das14444
I think - and I could be wrong - the idea with the 992 is anyone can spec the lightweight package across the model range. I also read NO manual in the base carrera. I agree it would make sense to do another “purist” type car.
I would be the first to buy a 4.0 NA manual 992 carrera - but Im not holding my breath.
same but they did say there will absolutely not be any NA motor in a 911 outside of GT's moving forward.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:04 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

I have a '19 GR, MT, ceramics, $122 MSRP, 3,000 miles, original owner, most options. Thinking about trade in for a '21 GT4 to be ordered. What do you think.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:06 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by white6speed
I have a '19 GR, MT, ceramics, $122 MSRP, 3,000 miles, original owner, most options. Thinking about trade in for a '21 GT4 to be ordered. What do you think.
very different cars, as i am sure you know. i am ordering a PDK 718 GT4, but likely as an addition not a trade.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:12 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 109 Posts

I have a '19 GT3RS but was thinking about a PDK on a '21 GT4 as I understand some feel the MT ratios are too far apart. Real question was is the T a better car to keep than a new GT4 considering the data dump on available T's. Thanks
Old 07-08-2020, 01:36 PM
Schn3ll
Burning Brakes

Received 1,070 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
I have a '19 GT3RS but was thinking about a PDK on a '21 GT4 as I understand some feel the MT ratios are too far apart. Real question was is the T a better car to keep than a new GT4 considering the data dump on available T's. Thanks
I was in this predicament. I had a deposit + allocation for a GT4 and a few weeks ago was offered a GT4 at sticker arriving at the dealer (someone changed their mind and went for the roofless). That car offered to me was very close to my spec and was compelling - I was in negotiation for my T at the time and could have easily course corrected to the GT4. But it was very hard for me to justify spending 5 figures more for a 718 than a rare, fun and drivers focused 911 with more torque through the powerband and a shorter gear ratio.

A friend of a friend wound up with that GT4 and loves it, but I don't think I would trade my T for it.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,216 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by lamacan
@Wing Commander if you have any recommended track events/driving days in the UK in august i'd love to hear about them. i spend every august and december in the UK.
Hi lamacan,

I regret to say that I have not sampled any track days etc. Mine is more of a daily driver, driven enthusiastically on UK roads.

There are certainly lots of tracks here in the UK to choose from, but the closest thing that I’ve done is the half day at Silverstone Porsche Experience Centre (x3) which is what you get when you buy a new Porsche.

Cheers,

Simon
Old 07-08-2020, 02:57 PM
lamacan
Rennlist Member

I was in this predicament. I had a deposit + allocation for a GT4 and a few weeks ago was offered a GT4 at sticker arriving at the dealer (someone changed their mind and went for the roofless). That car offered to me was very close to my spec and was compelling - I was in negotiation for my T at the time and could have easily course corrected to the GT4. But it was very hard for me to justify spending 5 figures more for a 718 than a rare, fun and drivers focused 911 with more torque through the powerband and a shorter gear ratio.

A friend of a friend wound up with that GT4 and loves it, but I don't think I would trade my T for it.

Either way, you can't go wrong.
they are extremely different cars. i came into my T from a 981 GTS. I have never had a more emotional car in my life. maybe an S2000. the T felt very very muted at first in comparison to the 981 GTS. once i changed to the soul cats, that fulfilled a lot of what i thought was missing. there's just something about a 911 that the Cayman just doesn't fulfill even though the Cayman is (blasphemy, i know) the better drivers car: more raw, more emotion, more theater. that said, weirdly, i never really felt a longing to get out and drive the GTS. the T i constantly fit pure drives into my schedule.

i love caymans. i am a cayman diehard. but i don't think i could own another cayman variant without ALSO having a 911 of some sort.

i had a daughter last year. i bought a rolex for my to-be-born baby before knowing the gender, thinking it would be super cool to give the baby a birth year rolex when they turned 18. part of me thinks it would be cool to keep this 911 forever and give them the 911 and rolex from their birth year when they're older. i love the idea of cool stuff like that. somehow, a cayman doesn't carry as much weight in that scenario.
The following 3 users liked this post by lamacan:
BlackOptic (07-08-2020), Guaji (07-08-2020), spyderbret (07-08-2020)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club