Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 04:30 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern911T
First start with T after 6 months of winter storage.

well, surprise surprise, dead battery. asked about this with dealers last autumn, he told that battery should last, well it did not. Anyone had similar issues?

Have to admit, that it was some struggle to jump start T. Had to open the door from the lock with small key. Second problem, cant get to the battery, because front compartment cannot open without battery. Yes, the battery is there. From the fuse box, had to connect it to bmw’s battery with cables to open the front compartment. Then easily jump started T with cables. So if anyone have to experience this, not too easy.

okay, so guys do you think it is normal that battery dries in six months? Everything was shut down prior, but still the battery dried. Stored in warm place. Maybe next winter have to use porches charger for a while.
Did you disconnect the battery completely? If not then I'm not surprised it died. You need to put it on a trickle charger if you are going to have it sit more than a couple weeks with the battery hooked up. I have heard that most batteries in newer vehicles will die after about a month if not disconnected completely or put on a charger. I keep mine on a charger if I think it's going to sit more than a week.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:44 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Battery was not totally disconnected, but everything was turned off, radio, lights, doors locked etc. So it dried, but next winter have to use porsches charger.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:44 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Trickle all the time and keep the doors locked as that shuts down some of the computers drain on electrical system unless DD.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:59 PM
Northern911T
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Doors were locked 6 months, I never opened those during storage time. This is what the dealer told me, as long as doors are locked, battery should be fine. Unfortunately it was not.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:34 PM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern911T
Doors were locked 6 months, I never opened those during storage time. This is what the dealer told me, as long as doors are locked, battery should be fine. Unfortunately it was not.
That is a ridiculous expectation. For any car at one month I would be concerned, at 2 months I wouldn't expect it to start, and if it did, I would expect it to strand me at my next stop. Take those numbers and divide by 2 for one of my Italian cars.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:43 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 472 Likes on 320 Posts

Get a "Battery Tender" and hook it up before an extended storage period. The BT is a battery maintainer, NOT a trickle charger. It's about 50% the cost of the Porsche branded maintainer and is 100% as effective. I've used the same one for years. Originally bought for my BMW M3.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:01 AM
anythingbuttime
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 201 Posts

CTEK is highly recommended and rebranded for all the OEMs
Old 04-30-2019, 01:51 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pbsaz
Picked my '19 T up on Thursday. I met the dealer on the AZ side of the CA/AZ border to take delivery. While drive home was just a straight flat trip on I-10, I still enjoyed the ride home. My first new Porsche was a 1987 Guards Red Carrera so I thought it only fitting that this one should also be Guards Red. Looking forward to years of enjoyment.

Safe at home after initial delivery.
Congratulations on joining the T Club! You will LOVE it!

I'm in AZ also and another AZ Rennlister (BA73) is getting his new Carrera T in a few weeks.

If you are looking for PPF and tint, I have had a great experience with Andrew at OzBraz in Gilbert. In fact, my T will be going in next week for full ceramic tint in preparation for summer.

We should meet up for a T Fest!!
Old 04-30-2019, 01:56 AM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Sure. So traction control has 3 settings.
1. ON

2. PSM sport (press the traction control [car skidding button] for 1 second), you will see the yellow triangle in the dash that says PSM sport
- this actually changes transmission mapping, I posted about it here
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1139...-matching.html

3. PSM off (press the same button for 2 seconds), you will see the yellow triangle indicating PSM off (almost all nannies are disabled)
- turns off traction control, rev matching. I think ABS still might work sometimes
- it might affect torque vectoring as well (although i've read this is not defeatable on the .2).
I had no idea about this function. I'm trying it tomorrow for sure!

Thanks Pete!!
Old 04-30-2019, 01:57 AM
ChristopherM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax
Congratulations on joining the T Club! You will LOVE it!

I'm in AZ also and another AZ Rennlister (BA73) is getting his new Carrera T in a few weeks.

If you are looking for PPF and tint, I have had a great experience with Andrew at OzBraz in Gilbert. In fact, my T will be going in next week for full ceramic tint in preparation for summer.

We should meet up for a T Fest!!
just picked up mine last week and loving it!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:31 AM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 89 Posts

Sharkwerks exhaust system.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:08 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,282 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo
Sharkwerks exhaust system.
WICKED! Love it! Great shot.

What's the sound like now? Off-throttle over-run?

Say - I see you have a Boxster as well. Are you driving it much since the T crashed the party? Use it for those oh-so-good summer top-down days?
Old 04-30-2019, 09:38 AM
Grantsfo
Racer

Received 249 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
WICKED! Love it! Great shot.

What's the sound like now? Off-throttle over-run?

Say - I see you have a Boxster as well. Are you driving it much since the T crashed the party? Use it for those oh-so-good summer top-down days?
Sound is fuller and is just a notch up from stock muffler inside car. It’s little louder outside but not obnoxious. Overall very pleased. With factory tips on can’t tell it’s not oem. ....Until you start up motor. Lighter than oem muffler. Sharkwerks uses low volume high quality US based fabricator to make this system and it shows. Couple week lead time to build but worth the wait! Very nice piece .

981 S is my wife’s daily driver. With a dog our weekend car is often our Hemi V8 powered Dodge Durango RT. Lol.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:26 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

At a car meet this weekend with a lot of Porsche heavy metal. Several GT3 Tourings, three '19 RS'. GT2 RS etc. Guess how many Carrera T's? That's right. One. 1. Uno......for one reason or another they are rare birds. We know the numbers support this
Old 04-30-2019, 01:38 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by dlb
At a car meet this weekend with a lot of Porsche heavy metal. Several GT3 Tourings, three '19 RS'. GT2 RS etc. Guess how many Carrera T's? That's right. One. 1. Uno......for one reason or another they are rare birds. We know the numbers support this
Thats usually the case, isn't the GT3 production ration 4:1 to T?
And the GT3s will continue to be produced every year and there will only be so many 991.2 Ts

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club