Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019 | 12:52 PM
Das14444
Pro

Originally Posted by .moo.
Same. Love the RS Spyder wheel. PITA to clean.
they are! we pulled them and ceramic coated the wheels - inside and out - that helps a lot with cleaning
Old 04-22-2019 | 12:55 PM
Das14444
Pro

Originally Posted by siete-speed
Looks good! Did you place the ‘Carrera T’ sticker over the film?
you can go over or under the PPF film.

went over so we have options - I’m considering the more vintage porsche stripe that goes wheel to wheel - in light grey. like you see on the 911 R.

but for now very happy with the T script on the door.

have never seen another T with the script or the wheels (not yet)
Old 04-22-2019 | 10:59 PM
Das14444
Pro

Default Two minor issues with the T

This area ^

Rust

1. So Im nuts and I detail the undercarriage of my cars.
today I noticed the turbos are rusted. this is a BRAND NEW car. Anyone else seeing this on their T?
One - its just ugly but two - I’d expect porsche to use materials that would not rust like this. Thoughts?
will the dealer replace? Is that normal?

2. I know there is a side rocker molding for the narrow body 991.2 (Kohlenstoff makes it) It runs along the rocker between the front and rear wheel similar to what the wide body 991.2 has. I think this is a must to prevent the body of the car from being chewed up by rocks and road debris. The molding protects the car.
**Is there a molding that fits behind the rear wheel? Other 911’s have a matt black trim piece in this location behind the rear wheel - the NB 991.2 is just painted and within 3k miles that paint is going to be SHOT. Could always repaint the rear bumper but what a poor design IMO - Id love to instal a factory molding to avoid the damage. It would flow nicely from the side skirt and match it well.
Old 04-23-2019 | 12:21 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Das14444
This area ^
]
Rust

today I noticed the turbos are rusted. this is a BRAND NEW car. Anyone else seeing this on their T?
One - its just ugly but two - I’d expect porsche to use materials that would not rust like this. Thoughts?

2. I know there is a side rocker molding for the narrow body 991.2 (Kohlenstoff makes it) It runs along the rocker between the front and rear wheel similar to what the wide body 991.2 has. I think this is a must to prevent the body of the car from being chewed up by rocks and road debris. The molding protects the car.
**Is there a molding that fits behind the rear wheel? Other 911’s have a matt black trim piece in this location behind the rear wheel - the NB 991.2 is just painted and within 3k miles that paint is going to be SHOT. Could always repaint the rear bumper but what a poor design IMO - Id love to instal a factory molding to avoid the damage. It would flow nicely from the side skirt and match it well.
Mine are rusted too. There are few other parts that appears to be rusted too but fortunately I don't look underneath the car that often so it doesn't bother me as much. But yes, you would think P would be using some parts that are rust proof. Just go out and drive.. enjoy the car.
Old 04-23-2019 | 12:33 AM
Nathing32
Intermediate

This area ^

Rust

Think of it as a protective coating. Some people pay good money for rust.

Old 04-23-2019 | 09:51 AM
Das14444
Pro

Default Bucket Seats

With center cushion

Without

Thanks for the feedback on the rusty turbos. I know its not a major issue, but would very much prefer there was NO rust anywhere on the T.

For those with Carbon Buckets:

I see some cars with this small center head rest cushion, others without. Do they all come with this?
Old 04-23-2019 | 10:11 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

The 2019 turbos have extra shields. Its even more rusted looking under that... lol. I think its just the finish from the factory.
The only issue people had was the wastegates seizing when driven in the winter. They changed this for 2018 (electronic), and looks like they added a turbo shield for 2019. The 992 turbos are completely enclosed. Stepwise evolution...
Old 04-23-2019 | 10:17 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Also, i encourage all T owners to please try PSM sport with sport mode. It sharpens the transmission mapping with the rev match and blip functions. Especially the 1-2 shift.
Old 04-23-2019 | 10:52 AM
Das14444
Pro

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Also, i encourage all T owners to please try PSM sport with sport mode. It sharpens the transmission mapping with the rev match and blip functions. Especially the 1-2 shift.
i dont follow? can you elaborate on this
Old 04-23-2019 | 11:03 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

i dont follow? can you elaborate on this
Sure. So traction control has 3 settings.
1. ON

2. PSM sport (press the traction control [car skidding button] for 1 second), you will see the yellow triangle in the dash that says PSM sport
- this actually changes transmission mapping, I posted about it here
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1139...-matching.html

3. PSM off (press the same button for 2 seconds), you will see the yellow triangle indicating PSM off (almost all nannies are disabled)
- turns off traction control, rev matching. I think ABS still might work sometimes
- it might affect torque vectoring as well (although i've read this is not defeatable on the .2).
Old 04-23-2019 | 11:59 AM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Sure. So traction control has 3 settings.
1. ON

2. PSM sport (press the traction control [car skidding button] for 1 second), you will see the yellow triangle in the dash that says PSM sport
- this actually changes transmission mapping, I posted about it here
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1139...-matching.html

3. PSM off (press the same button for 2 seconds), you will see the yellow triangle indicating PSM off (almost all nannies are disabled)
- turns off traction control, rev matching. I think ABS still might work sometimes
- it might affect torque vectoring as well (although i've read this is not defeatable on the .2).
How are #2 different from turning my dial to Sport Plus mode? Or Individual with Sport Plus settings?
Old 04-23-2019 | 12:18 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by .moo.
How are #2 different from turning my dial to Sport Plus mode? Or Individual with Sport Plus settings?
Setting the mode on the dial changes the transmission mapping, the exhaust, dampers, etc.
Additionally changing the Porsche stability management (PSM = traction control) settings also affects the transmission and chassis mapping on top of that. Particularly the rev match, PSM sport makes that function much better.
I dont recommend PSM completely off unless you're a baller. But PSM sport is fun, as the cars have tons of mechanical grip and this makes the rear more playful.
Old 04-23-2019 | 01:04 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

with PSM Sport, the traction is still on? Only if you hold it for 2 seconds or longer that's when the traction controls are off?

I would think the PSM Sport activates as part of the Sport plus dial? Just trying to understand why there would be a difference and differences in settings to activate different functionality...
Old 04-23-2019 | 01:10 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Sport mode doesnt change your traction control. You need to hold the button on the center console for 1 sec. Then, traction control is dialed back to "PSM sport". TC still there and intervenes if you get out of control. But will let the rear step out a little more.
If you hold the button 2 sec you will get "PSM off". Then you're on your own.
Capish?
Old 04-23-2019 | 02:27 PM
ajskydiver
Instructor

...I think ABS still might work sometimes
I can't imagine being able to turn ABS off at all.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club