911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 11:32 AM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Well guys... I'm 48hrs to locking in...

Should look pretty much like this. Exciting time.

i’m curious why you went with PCCB option? I read many reviews and I believe most folks concluded that the standard brakes are very good. In one recent post, I liked the $3000 upgrade to the red caliper S brakes. This was done with parts from Sun Coast, which seemed pretty straight forward. So I got my car with the black brakes and feel that if I ever need more, I have options. So far, I’m very pleased with them and have not regretted skipping the expensive PCCBs.

I went with the extended leather on her on the dash with the red contrast stitching. This is probably one of the most complimented details of my car. So racy, just sayin...

My build came out to about the same price, white gauges and the pepita houndstooth seat inserts I could stare at all day...Enjoy your purchase, I recommend Euro-delivery for sure. It was wonderful!

This was my build...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSNBAI0

Old 02-18-2019, 12:36 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by glenncurtis
i’m curious why you went with PCCB option? I read many reviews and I believe most folks concluded that the standard brakes are very good.
You should read Pete Stout's review of the Carrera T and his comments on the base Carrera brakes.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

FWIW I had a 981 Spyder prior to the T and the T is much less prone to scraping. If you have adapted to the Spyder X73 I don’t think your T will cause any problem.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
That last pic (Wing Commander) makes it looks like you have a fade paint job. . Looks awesome!
Thank you! Couldn’t believe it when I got out of the car! Saturday lunchtime, car was freshly clean and sparkling. 230 miles later, Sunday morning and filthy again! It wasn’t even raining. Just morning dampness on the roads and the winter tyres flicking up the salt & other muck from the roads.

Last edited by Wing Commander; 02-18-2019 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
^ This gives me great joy...
Cheers, Pete!

The ‘dirty’ pics kind of remind me of some of the original publicity photos of the Racing Yellow Carrera T!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:52 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by glenncurtis

i’m curious why you went with PCCB option? I read many reviews and I believe most folks concluded that the standard brakes are very good. In one recent post, I liked the $3000 upgrade to the red caliper S brakes. This was done with parts from Sun Coast, which seemed pretty straight forward. So I got my car with the black brakes and feel that if I ever need more, I have options. So far, I’m very pleased with them and have not regretted skipping the expensive PCCBs.

I went with the extended leather on her on the dash with the red contrast stitching. This is probably one of the most complimented details of my car. So racy, just sayin...

My build came out to about the same price, white gauges and the pepita houndstooth seat inserts I could stare at all day...Enjoy your purchase, I recommend Euro-delivery for sure. It was wonderful!

This was my build...
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJSNBAI0

Super nice build! Congrats! It's so great the Porsche allows us so many options. In my Macan GTS that I built, I optioned the red-stiched GTS interior with lots of added leather. Super, super nice and "rich" interior.

For this one, it's more a of "quieter" look with the black non-leather interrior, nice seats, some alcantara (that I personally like) with some splashes of colour to offset the very LOUD Guards Red exterior! And I focused on driving options, like the MT, PCCB, RAS and no Sport Chrono. I can only imagine what it will drive like, right?

Cheers and enjoy your T!
Old 02-18-2019, 06:50 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
You should read Pete Stout's review of the Carrera T and his comments on the base Carrera brakes.
^ I still think PCCB is the way to go on a Carrera build or (most) Carrera T builds, but have to say (as noted in another thread) the brake smell/early signs of fade I experienced in some 991.2 Carrera/T vehicles may have been in part due to improperly bedded pads. The T we tested in the long test for Issue 006 had been bedded in properly and showed no such signs. While there are others here on RL who have run out of iron brakes on the 991.2 Carrera-line cars—I think it's due to the torque out of each turn upping the trap speed on the way into the next turn—the standard brakes may be just fine in most use.

Even so, I'd still order PCCB unless they push the budget out of line—they were the one thing I regretted not speccing in my GT4, and are the one thing that never ceases to add to my experience with the Carrera. They feel great, look like art behind the wheels, and not having to clean the wheels all the time are big bonuses. And, if you're going to go to the track, you already have a fully developed MC/caliper setup for heavy duty use. Just add iron rotors/race pads. Upping the brake system on a base Carrera is gonna be $X,XXX anyway, and probably won't be as good...
Old 02-18-2019, 09:06 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Even so, I'd still order PCCB unless they push the budget out of line—they were the one thing I regretted not speccing in my GT4, and are the one thing that never ceases to add to my experience with the Carrera. They feel great, look like art behind the wheels, and not having to clean the wheels all the time are big bonuses.
My GT4 was also my last car where I failed to spec ceramics. A few 911s later, happy to say I haven't made that mistake again.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:15 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug

Ordered

kind of pissed at 000 magazine

i ordered on 14th and paid $33 for priority shipping to be delivered in 3 days.

they took the money and shipped first class mail, showing delivery of 26th.

9 days to NJ as it was shipped on 17th

Last edited by Cyberbug; 02-19-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:03 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

^ Not that RL is the best/quickest place to do customer service (as I am not always on here), but you've got PM!
Old 02-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

^ Not that RL is the best/quickest place to do customer service (as I am not always on here), but you've got PM!
thanks Pete, wish there was an email address on my order to follow up with or on the magazine site.

thanks for quick reply, looking forward to hearing back from you
Old 02-20-2019, 12:21 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
thanks Pete, wish there was an email address on my order to follow up with or on the magazine site.

thanks for quick reply, looking forward to hearing back from you
No worries!

And good thing I am into the Carrera T!

For future reference, shipping/customer service is there for you at the "Contact" button our home page, or directly: https://www.000magazine.com/contact/ While we are a small firm, I know Rebekah is quick when it comes to customer feedback! Again, thanks for your business, and we'll be interested to look into what happened as well as how to rectify with you.

Best,
Old 02-20-2019, 12:45 AM
seis-speed
Pro

Received 475 Likes on 216 Posts

@stout and others....

Is RAS a necessary option on the T? I have located a car, but it does not have this option. Any input is appreciated.

Also, does the car really only get 16mpg w/ 7MT in city driving? That kind of surprised me, when looking at the specs.
Old 02-20-2019, 12:52 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Received 605 Likes on 246 Posts

Of course RAS is not necessary but it honestly does impact the handling and feeling of the car in a very positive way. The car feels smaller and turns in faster with the Rear Axle Steering option outfitted.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:07 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by seis-speed
@stout and others....

Is RAS a necessary option on the T? I have located a car, but it does not have this option. Any input is appreciated.

Also, does the car really only get 16mpg w/ 7MT in city driving? That kind of surprised me, when looking at the specs.
I like the car both ways—something that really emerged in that back-to-back test over 600-800 miles. I was just about ready to say that RAS wins hands down for its added precision, agility, and stability...until I took one more run at one of the best sections in the Carrera without RAS. When pushed harder, there's more "old-school 911" to be unlocked without RAS (and without Sport PASM, as the standard chassis moves around a bit more). That's the Cliff Notes, anyway.

My take: I wouldn't skip a T with or without RAS if I liked the rest of its spec.

I'm seeing 20~ mpg average in my Carrera 7MT, and I don't drive to conserve fuel. But the Germans have a saying: "If turbo blows, turbo drinks."

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club