Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem

Note, you can get the Turbo Macan with Power Kit in the US. makes it uber fast.
Sounds like the Macan Turbo Performance Pack (PP) that they do here in the U.K. More power than the Turbo and with some GTS bits too.
Old 11-15-2018, 08:24 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
My TWO previous vehicles before the T were Macan GTS's (first one got totalled after just 3 months, and got a second one). I absolutely LOVED the Macan GTS. Much more so than the Macan Turbo. Yes, the turbo may be a little faster, but the driving dynamics of the GTS are so much better. And don't believe the myth that it is just a matter of lowering the Turbo to match the GTS handling characteristics. Mine had Sport Chrono, and PTV+ and it was a joy to drive. I actually had second thoughts about going into a 911 due to how much I liked the Macan. Having said that, they are two very different vehicles the T and the Macan. The T is sports car and it reminds you every day, with the noisier cabin, quick responses, harsher ride, etc. The Macan is an extremely comfortable, useful, and fun to drive SUV. Yes, it is the closest thing to a 911 that an SUV will get to, but still, it is not a 911. If I were to have only ONE vehicle at all, it would be the Macan GTS. The good thing is that a few months after I bought the T, I got Macan for my wife too, so, now we have the best of both worlds!

Now, may I ask the reason why you are thinking about moving away from the T?
Originally Posted by Randy M
We have a Macan GTS also. It's a great car and can toss it around on the backroads. We were looking at a Macan Turbo at the same time but I didn't feel all that much of a diff between the two considering what they are and how we use that type of a car. The GTS is the sweet spot model of the lineup from what I hear/read.
Thanks again guys. I really like the Macan and suspect I'll love the GTS or Turbo variants but my biggest hesitation is it's size (and the alcantara in the GTS). It's a bit small but I can probably manage that since I also have the X5. Alex - I'm (only) thinking of getting rid of the T to make space for another more practical car. It's that whole family priority thing! I shall continue to have conversations with the boss to find a good compromise and in the mean time I'll go test drive the Macan and possibly other makes/models. I'm not a huge fan of the Cayenne as I feel it is grossly overpriced for what you're getting. A used/CPO one though may not be such a bad deal. Really appreciate you all chiming in!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:26 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Thanks again guys. I really like the Macan and suspect I'll love the GTS or Turbo variants but my biggest hesitation is it's size (and the alcantara in the GTS). It's a bit small but I can probably manage that since I also have the X5. Alex - I'm (only) thinking of getting rid of the T to make space for another more practical car. It's that whole family priority thing! I shall continue to have conversations with the boss to find a good compromise and in the mean time I'll go test drive the Macan and possibly other makes/models. I'm not a huge fan of the Cayenne as I feel it is grossly overpriced for what you're getting. A used/CPO one though may not be such a bad deal. Really appreciate you all chiming in!
Our GTS doesn't have alcantara anywhere. It's achat gray leather seats/wheel.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Mine didn't have Alcantara either. All deliciously scrumptious leather all over. I never had any issues with 2 or 3 passengers in the back. Not the roomiest for 3, but comfortable enough for 2.

Old 11-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Got it, I thought all the GTSs have Alcantara by default. I'm guessing they can be optioned with full leather (which is something I'd want).
Old 11-16-2018, 03:16 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,219 Likes on 448 Posts

I'm not a huge fan of the Cayenne as I feel it is grossly overpriced for what you're getting.
I’m not so sure. Have just compared the base Cayenne with the new base Macan in U.K. prices in £s.

Base Cayenne is £55,965 with 19” wheels and leather seats. 3.0 V6 engine with 340HP.

The new facelifted base Macan is £46,344 with 18” wheels and non-leather seats. 2.0 4-cylinder engine with 245HP.

So for ‘only’ an extra £9;621 you get a noticeably bigger car with lots more interior space, more kit, a V6 engine and an extra 95HP (39% more power than the 2.0 Macan).

Once it’s available, if you opt for the 3.0 Macan, bigger wheels, leather seats etc, the difference in price would be much less.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:08 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Brushed aluminum trim?

Have any of you replaced the shiny black plastic trim in your Carrera T with the Porsche brushed aluminum trim? Photos?

Mine will be delivered soon and it's GT Silver with the black/silver Carerra T interior. I'm thinking the brushed aluminum trim will look much better than the black plastic.

Thoughts?
Old 11-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Haliax
Have any of you replaced the shiny black plastic trim in your Carrera T with the Porsche brushed aluminum trim? Photos?

Mine will be delivered soon and it's GT Silver with the black/silver Carerra T interior. I'm thinking the brushed aluminum trim will look much better than the black plastic.

Thoughts?
try to get the Black brushed aluminum from the GTS that would be cool. I ordered all leather as that was the only option.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:21 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Thoughts?
Funny you mention that. I just got my GT Silver with Silver Carrera T interior and the brushed silver trim is the only option I regret not getting. Albeit a small regret. If it's real aluminum then that's great. Otherwise, I'd think twice about it.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:23 PM
BlackOptic
Burning Brakes

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Thoughts?
I’m a fan of the shiny piano black. No chrome (or brushed alloy) for me. I don’t like the contrast and seeing flashy aluminum reflected in the windows. But, the GTS black alloy look would be cool.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by Cyberbug

try to get the Black brushed aluminum from the GTS that would be cool. I ordered all leather as that was the only option.
I thought about that also. Another owner Rennolazine has the black aluminum trim in his GT Silver Carrera T.

You can see it about a minute into this video:

I'd love to see what the normal brushed aluminum would look like in comparison.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:27 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

That black brushed looks nice. The nice thing about the standard shiny black one is that it's kind of special to the T.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:27 PM
Haliax
Racer

Originally Posted by bonn72
Funny you mention that. I just got my GT Silver with Silver Carrera T interior and the brushed silver trim is the only option I regret not getting. Albeit a small regret. If it's real aluminum then that's great. Otherwise, I'd think twice about it.
That's awesome! How do you like the interior with the silver accents?

As far as I understand, the brushed aluminum trim was NOT an option available when ordering from the factory.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:31 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

That's awesome! How do you like the interior with the silver accents?

As far as I understand, the brushed aluminum trim was NOT an option available when ordering from the factory.
Maybe it's changed out at the port? I thought I saw it in the configurator though.

Anyway, I absolutely love the silver stripes in the seats. I think it looks a bit like a pinstripe suit. For me it's not unlike the houndstooth back in the day. It's a special look. The only other thing I did as far as accents is to do a red dial for the sport chrono clock. It's like a little red dot on the dash. I dig it. Besides that, nothing else in the interior.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:34 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

I stand corrected. It's not available. I must have been thinking of the base Carrera. It's an expensive option now since it's not available from factory. I don't think I'd do it.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club