Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 08:41 PM
TTownT
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myrr
Love the shine and contrast on that one! Beautiful!
Thanks! I get nearly as much joy looking at it as I do driving it.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:39 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by supercroc

T at rest

Package shelf completed. Center sections open up, room for a helmet on each side. Completely reversable in about 45 min. to Std. seats. Uses existing mounting points - no holes. Final touch will be getting strap hardware coated Miami Blue. Only rudimentary carpentry skills required.
Very neat! Great looking DIY. Do you know if any vendor sells something similar for those who may not be as handy as you?
Old 03-05-2019, 12:46 PM
TennisGuy
Instructor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Grantsfo

loving this car. Drove to Big Sur from Monterey. This car is so much more focused than I had imagined. It’s a serious car for sure. And love progressive pull all the way to redline.
Beautiful color combo and Big Sur highway 1 is a wonderful drive.

Just curios, but the T does not have navigation, right, or is that an option that can be added back in? Realize one of the goals for T is to save weight.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 827 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by TennisGuy

Beautiful color combo and Big Sur highway 1 is a wonderful drive.

Just curios, but the T does not have navigation, right, or is that an option that can be added back in? Realize one of the goals for T is to save weight.
US version comes with Nav standard.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:21 PM
supercroc
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by TennisGuy

Very neat! Great looking DIY. Do you know if any vendor sells something similar for those who may not be as handy as you?
As I am exceedingly lazy, sadly could not find one. Could be an entrepreneurial opportunity for someone.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:37 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by TTownT
After looking and debating on and off for a few years, I finally pulled the trigger last week on this Guards Red 2019 T. I haven't driven it that much yet, but so far it has not disappointed. It is my first Porsche and it is so much fun to drive. I'm ready for some better weather so I can get it out on some twisty roads. I read a lot of good information on the T threads over that time, so thanks to all the posters.

Your Guards Red T looks amazing! Loving the Carrera T Interior Package too! Congrats, and enjoy!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I'm not typically a red car guy but I've had two Guards Red 911's. Just love the color. Pics above almost make me feel like a made a mistake in getting GT Silver.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:39 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chris - 97C2
Just did my first mountain blast in the new T yesterday and all I can say is WOW! We had about 7 P-cars and an M2 thrown in for good measure and spent a couple of hours in the twisties in the N GA mountains.

Originally, I was only going to do some of it an at a relaxed pace (set by a 991.2 GT3RS) since I was only at ~750 miles and trying to be good during break-in, but I succumbed and just let her rip. I still did short shift just a bit, but did see 6k RPM a couple of times. This car is totally amazing! You could brake for days with the PCCBs (not that I needed too), and when the RAS kicked in you literally felt like you were being pulled in the direction of your turn by an external force. The only way to describe this is with a track analogy - Turn 1 at Road Atlanta used to (since changed ) have this little lip inside turn 1. If you could hook your wheels into it, it would help slingshot you through the turn. This is what RAS felt like to me. Totally impressed!

The motor felt great even though I didn't get to max RPM and the turbos kept power on everywhere. I never felt lacking in power or wishing I had more. I'll save my final decision until after a proper track day, but it's got me wondering if a tune is even worth it (for me). I bought this car specifically for "usable performance" and am not chasing the stat wars any longer, and bottom line I am impressed!

The 7 speed manual is just a dream and the gearing is perfect. Heck, I even used 7th gear on the long ride home just to check it out . Rev matching is just icing on the cake.

I was in Sport mode, but without PASM Sport until I remembered and turned it on about 3/4 of the way through the day. it kept the car flatter and wasn't that much harsher. It's so good that it does make me wonder how the DSC Sport v3 might improve it all.

Anyway, very fun day chasing 2 GT cars and followed by a Turbo S. We even had another T in the mix. Fun times!
Great post and sounds like a fun drive out! I too am now reconsidering my urge to upgrade the exhaust and get the engine tuned. The T just feels like such a complete package. I am still getting Litchfield to carry out their handling modifications next week though!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:41 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Originally Posted by Randy M
I'm not typically a red car guy but I've had two Guards Red 911's. Just love the color. Pics above almost make me feel like a made a mistake in getting GT Silver.
GT Silver does look super-classy though!

Luckily the T looks great in every colour; you just pick your favourite ‘flavour’ of T!
Old 03-05-2019, 07:41 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 252 Likes on 149 Posts

//

Last edited by Porsch; 04-25-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:10 PM
TTownT
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thank you!
Old 03-05-2019, 09:19 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TTownT
After looking and debating on and off for a few years, I finally pulled the trigger last week on this Guards Red 2019 T. I haven't driven it that much yet, but so far it has not disappointed. It is my first Porsche and it is so much fun to drive. I'm ready for some better weather so I can get it out on some twisty roads. I read a lot of good information on the T threads over that time, so thanks to all the posters.
Congratulations on joining the T Club! I now have 2,400 miles on mine and it is also my first Porsche. You will LOVE it!!

Old 03-06-2019, 07:41 AM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 191 Likes on 111 Posts

What part of red and yellow don't go together. Many international companies use those exact colors in their logo/company colors. In addition Porsche chose a caliper color years ago that they thought would go with their color palette
Old 03-06-2019, 08:03 AM
BA73
Racer

Received 238 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
What part of red and yellow don't go together. Many international companies use those exact colors in their logo/company colors. In addition Porsche chose a caliper color years ago that they thought would go with their color palette

Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM
glenncurtis
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
I knew I definitely wanted a Guards Red 911T, and used the Unity plug-in from the Porsche custom configurator to view my build thoroughly. (BTW, I’m very disappointed that this no longer exists)

when I showed my circle of people the images from my spec, they we reminded of various food chains...

The black satin wheels with the black brake calipers looks bad *** IMO. Brakes even work well, for not being carbon. My gallery shows some close ups.

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club