Sponsored by:

991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 06:08 PM
JAhmed
Drifting

Received 1,895 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
I managed to get an article in a very popular Porsche periodical and it will be out next month in a big issue. The 991.2 will continue to get the PR it deserves. Are you going with an halo style FIA seat or are you going to go with the carbon fiber Porsche bucket seats?
Very excited to read the upcoming article!!!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:13 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 104 Posts

I am on the same mission with seats right now. Sat in some Sparco seats today and found the Sparco seat that fits me. Would like to find recaros near me to try. Have a track day tomorrow so hoping to find some variety of seats to try out if the owners will let me sit in them.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:11 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 676 Posts

Harness Bar 1

Harness bar 2
Originally Posted by tgavem
This looks like the TPC harness bar and no you have to remove the bar and anchors for the seatback to be in upright position. It's about 1 hr of work as long as you have a kit of various hex extension tools.
Sorry mate, but you are 100% WRONG! with this information. I have just had the TPC harness bar fitted to my car and the seats click back in place with it fitted. It is awesome. You cannot tell it is there.

I shall repeat for everyone who is reading......I bought this harness bar and have had it fitted to my car and the seats click back as if the bar is not even there.

Awesome Mod that is factory like.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4 Point 0:
CarreraFahrer (08-24-2019), polobai (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 11:44 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Wow. I’m glad I was wrong. That looks awesome
Old 08-24-2019, 12:46 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0

Harness Bar 1

Harness bar 2

Sorry mate, but you are 100% WRONG! with this information. I have just had the TPC harness bar fitted to my car and the seats click back in place with it fitted. It is awesome. You cannot tell it is there.

I shall repeat for everyone who is reading......I bought this harness bar and have had it fitted to my car and the seats click back as if the bar is not even there.

Awesome Mod that is factory like.
Which seats are you using with the harness bar?
Old 08-24-2019, 06:02 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
Which seats are you using with the harness bar?
I have only just installed it. I haven’t even purchased a harness yet. Most likely will be a four point.
I will try with the stock seats, and before you tell me my dog will die and they could could could.... I’ll leave this here. An ///M4 with stock seats.

Stock seat

Temporary but but I am looking at a carbon fibre Recaro race shell seat.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:10 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Default Seats

Stock seats

Recaro Sportsters XLR (coloured CS)

Recaro Pro Racing shell.

Or or I may bite the bullet and get something like the GT3 touring, that fold or the GT3-RS that don’t.
The following users liked this post:
Norge911 (08-25-2019)
Old 08-25-2019, 12:56 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,030 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0

Stock seats

Recaro Sportsters XLR (coloured CS)

Recaro Pro Racing shell.

Or or I may bite the bullet and get something like the GT3 touring, that fold or the GT3-RS that don’t.

You'll get a huge surprise on pricing with the Porsche seats and, the four points have no or poor anti-submarining properties - if you're going to get some good buckets go for the six points
Old 08-26-2019, 05:28 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

@4 Point 0 Those Recaro Sportsters look nice. If going with a four point use the Schroth ASM belts. You'll get a million opinions on them but if you're doing HPDE with the airbags you'll be fine. But don't believe me, call Schroth and talk to them directly. While you have them on the phone ask Schroth about the strap holding the shoulder harnesses together. While it looks like it should work I'd be curious to see what Schroth has to say.

Yea too bad the stock 14/18 way seats didn't have the openings for the shoulder harnesses. The Porsche one piece buckets will be nice on track but if you drive your car on the street a lot maybe not so much.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:09 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 607 Likes on 271 Posts

Did everyone have a chance to read about Big Bird in Panorama?

September 2019 - Porsche Panorama - Issue #750
Old 10-02-2019, 04:16 PM
jplohg
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read it. Great article! Side bar -- I had a Carmine Red 991.2 GTS that I did the COBB Stage 2, 200 cell cats and a little suspension work to (way short of what you did) and I can attest the car was an absoute beast on the street and track! Hangs with an AMG GT-R on the track. For dual duty daily driver and track toy, what you have done with a GTS is virtually unbeatable. Only things that annoyed me were: (1) centerlock wheels (you solved that) and (2) when I tracked the GTS I almost always got suspension lights that were trying to warn me of roll over risk or something like that. I was pretty shocked to get those lights from this car. Small nits and maybe particular to my car.

Somebody should snap up your artwork fast! I wish I hadn't sold mine, but did so to make room for a pure track duty GT3. Congrats on the build and the great press.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:24 PM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,030 Likes on 653 Posts

Is it possible for you to put up or link or some key text.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:05 AM
X51
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

BGB - I have the same car as you featured in your build, down to the 5 lug wheels. Great build and article featuring the headroom with the GTS 3.0 turbo.

Do you have pricing you can share for the mods? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:57 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 607 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by jplohg
I read it. Great article! Side bar -- I had a Carmine Red 991.2 GTS that I did the COBB Stage 2, 200 cell cats and a little suspension work to (way short of what you did) and I can attest the car was an absoute beast on the street and track! Hangs with an AMG GT-R on the track. For dual duty daily driver and track toy, what you have done with a GTS is virtually unbeatable. Only things that annoyed me were: (1) centerlock wheels (you solved that) and (2) when I tracked the GTS I almost always got suspension lights that were trying to warn me of roll over risk or something like that. I was pretty shocked to get those lights from this car. Small nits and maybe particular to my car.

Somebody should snap up your artwork fast! I wish I hadn't sold mine, but did so to make room for a pure track duty GT3. Congrats on the build and the great press.
Thank you! Still looking for someone to take the car but after the end of the month i am going to finally revert it back tos tock.

Originally Posted by groundhog
Is it possible for you to put up or link or some key text.
I need to see. I don't think they wanted me posting it but i could probably email you the pdf i made of it.

Originally Posted by X51
BGB - I have the same car as you featured in your build, down to the 5 lug wheels. Great build and article featuring the headroom with the GTS 3.0 turbo.

Do you have pricing you can share for the mods? Thanks.
If you call the shop we can run down the list. The number is (386)265-1979 - i also had the list posted with the classified. Let me try and dig it up OR if you send us an email i can attach it as well. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2019, 12:42 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

After getting new rims and mounting the Nankang AR-1 it was time to go back on the track this Saturday.
Forecast was for a nice day with low temp in mid 50 and high in the 60’s. In preparations, last Sunday I swapped rims and tires and brake pads, loaded the frunk with a few tools, OEM pads, chair and a few other items. The Nankang are very loud on the street. The trailer in the picture is not mine.

The car did really well and happy with my day. The first session was very crowded and slow but organizer moved 4 cars too different run group so that helped the rest of the day. Next time I go, I need to move to 2:20-2:30 group.
The new track precision app worked great and not issue. New version is easy to set up but don’t know why it reads kph and not mph while data shows mph. Weird. Also, I could not export video but learned the new iOS allow for video recording of screenshot so I can play video. But to get telemetry while recording the phone has to be horizontal so video is now 90 deg our. So if you view the video, use your phone or iPad so you can tilt it.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Base/S/GTS Modification & Race Track Prep Thread