Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 09:52 PM
DeSmO ManU
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enzotcat
Ah. What you're comparing is the contents of the ifslinks.txt file that dumpifs generates as part of its work. I'm not sure I'd be concerned about that - it's a text file, and isn't something that is flashed to the device; rather it's just reporting symlinks, and if the source/target looks slightly different but the net effect is the same, that's NBD. What you're flashing to the device is the actual filesystem that mkxfs produces, and which dumpifs extracts.

The command I used for creating the patched IFS is
./mkxfs -t ifs -nn -o ./ ./mkifs_attributes.txt ./ifs_extracted ./patched_ifs.ifs
So what you should be comparing is the *contents* of ifs_extracted against an extracted patched_ifs.ifs and *not* the contents of the ifslinks.txt file. You can achieve this with a shell script. Something like the following:
find ifs_extracted -type f | while read a; do b=`echo $a | sed -e 's/ifs_extracted/patched_ifs/'`; cksuma=`cksum $a | awk '{print $1}'`; cksumb=`cksum $b | awk '{print $1}'`; if [ $cksuma != $cksumb ]; then echo $a \($cksuma)\) \<--\> $b \($cksumb\)': NOT OK'; fi; done
If you run this against your ifs_extracted and patched_ifs, you should only see a single file difference this reports as "NOT OK", which is the MIBRoot file. Something like this:
ifs_extracted/usr/apps/MIBRoot (1352948790) <--> ifs_extracted_orig/usr/apps/MIBRoot (1702713611): NOT OK
If that is the case, you have a perfectly valid patched IFS image.

My mkifs_attributes.txt file was the same as yours and as you can see, all it is is a specification of what symbolic links to create:
#Porsche PCM4/MIB2 ifs-root (stage 2) attributes file
#Before packing FS: EXPORT QNX_TARGET="/"
#Command to pack: mkxfs -t ifs -nn -o ./ -r / attributes.txt /unpacked_fs /packed_fs.ifs

[-followlink] #Do not resolve links
[compress=2] #LZO Compression
[-bigendian] #Little Endian (ARMLE)
[-autolink] #Do not auto link shared objects
[perms=777] #chmod 777
[uid=0 gid=0] #chown root:root

#You can add a script to be executed after mount here, one line only
#[+script] .script = {
#touch /dev/shmem/AudioFadedIn; touch /dev/shmem/production_mode
#}

#Symlinks. Add lines here to match your dumpifs symlinks
#[type=link] dest_file=source_file
[type=link] /lib/SPC_configuration.so=/lib/libSPC_configuration.so
[type=link] /lib/AudioConfig_ARM.so=/lib/libAudioConfig_ARM.so
[type=link] /lib/AudioConfig_DSP.so=/lib/libAudioConfig_DSP.so
[type=link] /usr/bin/flashunlock=/usr/bin/flashlock
[type=link] /usr/bin/libi2c-inic-master.so=/lib/libi2c-inic-master.so.1.0
[type=link] /lib/librdshbfpga.so.1.0.0=/lib/librdshbfpga.so
[type=link] /lib/libSysMoCCAFrameworkSharedSo.so=/lib/libSysMoCCAFrameworkSharedSo.so.6
[type=link] /lib/AudioConfig_DSP.so=/lib/libAudioConfig_DSP.so
[type=link] /lib/liba2itodspipc.so=/lib/liba2itodspipc.so.1
In fact that's what I did. I did this command:
diff -r ./original/ifs_extracted ./repack/ifs_extracted" files are all different

and all file inside of original/ifs_extracted and repack/ifs_extracted (
in which the mibroot has not even been modified) are different as you can see:

for this reason i think that the problem is on mkifs_attribute.
For repack, i did the same your command:
./mkxfs -t ifs -nn -o ./ -r / ./mkifs_attributes.txt ./ifs_extracted ./myIfsRootStage2Original.repack.ifs

I don't know which attribute to modify ... the representation used by Arm is little endian and i read that ifs' compression is LZ0.
The properties of the links don't know which possible links can affect, so I don't touch them.
The owner of the file does not modify it.
The permission properties are not taken by repacked ifs as 777 but as 644.i don't know how to continue to repackage, i am stuck.
thanks
Old 03-19-2021, 08:55 AM
Seth K
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Ask him on messenger about yours. he had me put it into the pc first and he programmed it.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:58 AM
Seth K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Westcoast
Thanks for this, I have a couple already that I would like to try (172.16.250.248 ? ) but I can get that one from Amazon Canada...

I am waiting for some other bits to arrive so I can proceed and have simaservis1108 do his thing!
ask him on messenger about yours,, he had me put it into the pc first and he programmed it a bit.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:08 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Received 384 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by DeSmO ManU
In fact that's what I did. I did this command:
diff -r ./original/ifs_extracted ./repack/ifs_extracted" files are all different

and all file inside of original/ifs_extracted and repack/ifs_extracted (
in which the mibroot has not even been modified) are different as you can see:

for this reason i think that the problem is on mkifs_attribute.
For repack, i did the same your command:
./mkxfs -t ifs -nn -o ./ -r / ./mkifs_attributes.txt ./ifs_extracted ./myIfsRootStage2Original.repack.ifs

I don't know which attribute to modify ... the representation used by Arm is little endian and i read that ifs' compression is LZ0.
The properties of the links don't know which possible links can affect, so I don't touch them.
The owner of the file does not modify it.
The permission properties are not taken by repacked ifs as 777 but as 644.i don't know how to continue to repackage, i am stuck.
thanks

Hmm, so that really just leaves - I think - mkxfs as the potential culprit. My mkxfs cksum is
4137208885 337176 mkxfs
The other thing I see is that your mkxfs command is *not* the same as mine - in particular, you use "-r /" while I don't.

Last edited by enzotcat; 03-19-2021 at 04:33 PM. Reason: added a comment
Old 03-19-2021, 12:33 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,659 Likes on 2,712 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth K
ask him on messenger about yours,, he had me put it into the pc first and he programmed it a bit.
Thanks, I am pretty good around a PC, I wanted to get things sorted out ahead of time so we could do this in one go.

I will reach out to him.
Old 03-19-2021, 02:57 PM
OWLY
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome!

How's it running? Any glitches?

What about AA future updates?
Old 03-19-2021, 05:32 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,068 Likes on 1,284 Posts

Originally Posted by OWLY
Awesome!

How's it running? Any glitches?

What about AA future updates?
Numerous people have reported day to day life with it in this thread. The tl;dr of it is:
- All expected AA functions are available and work as expected
- The icon to go into AA on the home screen is funny looking because it doesn't exist
- Sometimes the microphone doesn't detect within the first few minutes of connecting (this might just be a me or my phone issue)
- The diamond button on your steering wheel does not do anything within the AA environment

What updates? AA is driven almost entirely by the phone.

The headunit side of it is simply a receiver for the audio and video signal, enables autonegotiation for the bluetooth setup, and extends the car's microphone and GPS antenna (or signal?) to be available to the phone in some applications. Wireless AA is the only "upgrade" I'm aware of on the headunit side of things from what the PCM4 natively offers, and to be honest it's rather useless. You can get a third party dongle to enable wireless AA on any AA-enabled headunit that doesn't natively support the wireless part, or you can wait for someone to try to backport a future MIB2 system's code that supports wireless AA (and you will be waiting a very long time).
The following users liked this post:
OWLY (03-19-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 05:44 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by asellus
- Sometimes the microphone doesn't detect within the first few minutes of connecting (this might just be a me or my phone issue)
It's not just you. I have the same problem - the mic connection is spotty; sometimes it won't recognize anything, sometimes it recognizes the "hello google" and nothing else, and sometimes it's completely fine. I've got a Pixel 3 XL running Android 11 stock, FWIW. I do not seem to have this problem in my Volvo running AA.
Old 03-19-2021, 06:13 PM
asellus
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,068 Likes on 1,284 Posts

It's not just you. I have the same problem - the mic connection is spotty; sometimes it won't recognize anything, sometimes it recognizes the "hello google" and nothing else, and sometimes it's completely fine. I've got a Pixel 3 XL running Android 11 stock, FWIW. I do not seem to have this problem in my Volvo running AA.
Odd, okay. Happened on my P2XL a lot. I seldom use it and can't remember if it's happened much or at all on my Galaxy S20U....
Old 03-19-2021, 10:01 PM
DeSmO ManU
AutoX

Hmm, so that really just leaves - I think - mkxfs as the potential culprit. My mkxfs cksum is
4137208885 337176 mkxfs
The other thing I see is that your mkxfs command is *not* the same as mine - in particular, you use "-r /" while I don't.
I have exactly your version, cksum is the same
I still tried to repack using your files the original ifs_extracted and after i have unpacked it but the problem persists.

I think that the problem is attribute list..

i'm running mkxfs on a vm Kali VmWare, may it be necessary to recompile it?is it very strange the change all file...

if anyone has any other version of mkxfs and mkifs_attribute.txt i would be very grateful.
thanks alls

Old 03-19-2021, 10:07 PM
enzotcat
Pro

Originally Posted by DeSmO ManU
I have exactly your version, cksum is the same
I still tried to repack using your files the original ifs_extracted and after i have unpacked it but the problem persists.

I think that the problem is attribute list..

i'm running mkxfs on a vm Kali VmWare, may it be necessary to recompile it?is it very strange the change all file...

if anyone has any other version of mkxfs and mkifs_attribute.txt i would be very grateful.
thanks alls
Mystery to me. Could be some internationalization/localization problem with code pages. Try setting everything to US English if it is not. Also, I used a Fedora 33 workstation VM for doing mine.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:31 PM
DeSmO ManU
AutoX

Mystery to me. Could be some internationalization/localization problem with code pages. Try setting everything to US English if it is not. Also, I used a Fedora 33 workstation VM for doing mine.
i have only keyboard italian...i'have restart the Vm with original keyboard setting, i took the test again, same problem.
dumpif and dumpifs_helper work because i did diff -r between original ifs_extracted and a patch for my fw version and it only changes the MIbroot.
I don't know what is the problem...

Thanks
Old 03-20-2021, 02:55 AM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

Looking forward to your review on the Android Auto setup. How's it working out?
Old 03-20-2021, 09:51 AM
Seth K
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Looking forward to your review on the Android Auto setup. How's it working out?
Working great! No complaints here!
Old 03-20-2021, 06:47 PM
911dude41
Drifting

Received 1,226 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Seth K
Working great! No complaints here!
That's awesome, I am in contact with them right now. I bought the dongle you linked and he said "you got it right the first time". haha. Thank you for the advice!
The following users liked this post:
Seth K (03-21-2021)

Quick Reply: Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?