Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 01:41 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Annual service during which I had two retrofits done according to Porsche recalls
1. WLA4 - Retrofit heat shield
and
2. WLC8 - Replacing tank leakage diagnostic module and air filter for carbon canister.

Manufactured date
911 Turbo: From 23 JAN 2013 to 13 JAN 2020
Old 07-01-2020, 03:37 PM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 827 Likes on 433 Posts

Got a set of MPS4 tires, 265/30x20 front and 325/25x20 rear. Have less than 2 miles so far so no impressions yet, although they are quiet, all new tires are quiet. Can't wait for this darn Chinese flu to be gone.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:04 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim M.
Got a set of MPS4 tires, 265/30x20 front and 325/25x20 rear. Have less than 2 miles so far so no impressions yet, although they are quiet, all new tires are quiet. Can't wait for this darn Chinese flu to be gone.
Hey Jim - Racist much?
First off, I'm Chinese and don't know you from a hole in the ground - that said, you're not important enough for me to take any offense to your statement. We have had a few exchanges when I first joined and it's been great being a part of this community with you. I do however want to make a point out of you in that when you (or any other member of this forum) make these little racists remarks, you taint a forum where enthusiasts (regardless of racial/ethnic/political backgrounds) with a mutual love affair with a car come together.

I wish you were local so I could drop off some Chinese food and watch your head explode.
Be safe out there, I heard there's this "Kung-Flu" going around Jim.

Last edited by KONG991TT; 07-01-2020 at 04:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by KONG991TT:
bigrpowr (07-02-2020), osunick (07-11-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 05:38 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Ouch!
Old 07-01-2020, 05:57 PM
IdTamer
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I also took offense to the statement, and as an MD, wish more people would get their facts straight on the damn virus.

That said, we are all fortunate to have the means and ability to enjoy these amazing cars, so let's try to leave politics out of it.

I hope we can just leave it at that, so there is at least one domain of the internet where we can feel united by what is really important: p cars are the best cars, and there is only one daily driver supercar on the market, and we each have one we can enjoy whenever we want
The following 4 users liked this post by IdTamer:
KONG991TT (07-01-2020), Pb Pedis (07-02-2020), Steven31371 (07-01-2020), YetiRojo (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 06:17 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 170 Posts

Hat's off to you for being on the front lines of this Pandemic Doc.

SO... Last Thursday, I ran with the Colonial Challenge Cup; a non profit focused on raising funds towards education. Here's a few pictures from the event.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:31 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by KONG991TT
Hey Jim - Racist much?
First off, I'm Chinese and don't know you from a hole in the ground - that said, you're not important enough for me to take any offense to your statement. We have had a few exchanges when I first joined and it's been great being a part of this community with you. I do however want to make a point out of you in that when you (or any other member of this forum) make these little racists remarks, you taint a forum where enthusiasts (regardless of racial/ethnic/political backgrounds) with a mutual love affair with a car come together.

I wish you were local so I could drop off some Chinese food and watch your head explode.

Truly hate that you were offended. I’ve worked with awesome people from all areas across the world. Absolutely outstanding folks. Greatly respected.

The only thing that I have noticed (not that it matters since it’s only my observation) , different age groups react differently to different statements. I’ve had to learn (continually) and adapt.

I’m from “the older” age group. The swine flu originated here. If someone called it the USA Flu, the American Flu, or the Brown Hair Old White Tall Guy Flu (me) , it wouldn’t even get my attention. Much less be offended. So that takes some thought time on my part to try to understand.

But the last thing (would really bother me) is if I did something that hurt someone’s feelings. Not good. I run a very tight ship at my shop to make sure all the males and females are shown respect. I also monitor that as the atmosphere is constantly changing/evolving with the new generation (s) coming up.

The most intriguing situations always occur when the “older gen” employees complain that the “younger gen” employees doesn’t understand them and the “younger gen” employees complain that the “older gen” employees doesn’t understand them. Both gens want the other to change. Fun stuff.
The following 3 users liked this post by onfireTTS:
Big Swole (09-06-2020), MotoJB (07-02-2020), rodsky (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 10:53 AM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Truly hate that you were offended. I’ve worked with awesome people from all areas across the world. Absolutely outstanding folks. Greatly respected.

The only thing that I have noticed (not that it matters since it’s only my observation) , different age groups react differently to different statements. I’ve had to learn (continually) and adapt.

I’m from “the older” age group. The swine flu originated here. If someone called it the USA Flu, the American Flu, or the Brown Hair Old White Tall Guy Flu (me) , it wouldn’t even get my attention. Much less be offended. So that takes some thought time on my part to try to understand.

But the last thing (would really bother me) is if I did something that hurt someone’s feelings. Not good. I run a very tight ship at my shop to make sure all the males and females are shown respect. I also monitor that as the atmosphere is constantly changing/evolving with the new generation (s) coming up.

The most intriguing situations always occur when the “older gen” employees complain that the “younger gen” employees doesn’t understand them and the “younger gen” employees complain that the “older gen” employees doesn’t understand them. Both gens want the other to change. Fun stuff.
I always figured you were a young(ish) guy. I have exactly the same problems with older and younger staff - the older guys are pretty set in their ways, while the younger folks are out to change the world... which usually ends up clashing in my office.

Back on topic - ApexAndy has me seriously considering doing the Cobb update, WHILE still on warranty. I figure anyone that can get a new PDK out of Porsche by simply removing the programming and not having it identified, is something worth considering...
Old 07-02-2020, 12:11 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
I always figured you were a young(ish) guy. I have exactly the same problems with older and younger staff - the older guys are pretty set in their ways, while the younger folks are out to change the world... which usually ends up clashing in my office.

Back on topic - ApexAndy has me seriously considering doing the Cobb update, WHILE still on warranty. I figure anyone that can get a new PDK out of Porsche by simply removing the programming and not having it identified, is something worth considering...
You had me at hello........
The following users liked this post:
bigrpowr (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 12:25 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

That made me laugh.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:46 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 593 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by KONG991TT
Hey Jim - Racist much?

LOL, seriously?
The following 2 users liked this post by MotoJB:
Big Swole (09-06-2020), mpaulk98 (03-19-2021)
Old 07-02-2020, 12:54 PM
MotoJB
Three Wheelin'

Received 593 Likes on 333 Posts

Added some ricky racer stripes...didn't come out as I wanted.

They will redo them to look more like the pictures of the stripes on the Carrera below.

I know, not everyone's cup of tea but I kind-of like it...just changing it up. Will likely run them for a while and take them off.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:10 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Moto - I actually like those stripes - works well on a white car.. what didn't work out for you?
MotoJB (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 06:34 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MotoJB
Added some ricky racer stripes...didn't come out as I wanted.

They will redo them to look more like the pictures of the stripes on the Carrera below.

I know, not everyone's cup of tea but I kind-of like it...just changing it up. Will likely run them for a while and take them off.

Props to you for having the patience to do that - I would go insane trying to make them 'line up'...
MotoJB (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 06:38 PM
IdTamer
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Stripes look fine, I would leave them until you are bored.

I just did a two stage paint correction and ceramic coated the whole car, even over the front ppf. Now I am thinking of having a shop do Autoflex to change the color entirely, which means I have to figure out a way to REMOVE the ceramic coating I applied, lol

Ah well, its all for fun and I am learning a lot

from this

to something kind of like this...

MotoJB (07-02-2020)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?