Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

What did you do to your 991 turbo today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 07:41 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 53 Posts

I decided to order a Carbon Fiber Wing from DB Carbon and put it on my baby!! Absolutely a gorgeous OEM part! I’ve dealt with Daniel from DB Carbon for a really long time and every time I give them a project they nail it dead on and meet my expectations!! Fit was perfect and clearly super simple to switch!! Enjoy the pictures!

Old 10-18-2019, 07:42 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by JPJRJR70
I decided to order a Carbon Fiber Wing from DB Carbon and put it on my baby!! Absolutely a gorgeous OEM part! I’ve dealt with Daniel from DB Carbon for a really long time and every time I give them a project they nail it dead on and meet my expectations!! Fit was perfect and clearly super simple to switch!! Enjoy the pictures!

That really does look awesome !
Old 10-18-2019, 07:44 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Also had Frank from Exculsive Option make me these OEM Key Holders for me to match my interior. Again, Frank’s team nailed this out of the park!!! Amazing the detailed work they do there!! Super impressed!! Thank You Frank!!
Old 10-19-2019, 02:20 PM
KONG991TT
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 170 Posts

Spent all night setting up PIWIS on a burner laptop.

Old 10-19-2019, 02:58 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Parked it for winter ....gonna be a long (maybe) 6 months...got a whole 1600 miles on it
Old 10-19-2019, 05:15 PM
JPJRJR70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nanook
Parked it for winter ....gonna be a long (maybe) 6 months...got a whole 1600 miles on it
that’s funny! I put about the same and next week it goes to storage warehouse for winter.
Old 10-19-2019, 06:19 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 167 Posts

Winter prep here too. Just switched seat ventilation from high to medium.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dr Chill:
geoorlando (10-22-2019), rodsky (10-23-2019)
Old 10-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

That's disgusting
Old 10-19-2019, 06:52 PM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Y’all need to move South
Old 10-20-2019, 05:39 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

Got it ready to go in for oil, BMC filter and Techarts tomorrow...

Cannot wait to see how it turns out.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:14 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Looking forward to how the install of your springs turns out..I imagine you bench marked fender heights ?...butt bench marked ride quality and data logged lateral g forces ?
Old 10-20-2019, 08:29 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Looking forward to how the install of your springs turns out..I imagine you bench marked fender heights ?...butt bench marked ride quality and data logged lateral g forces ?

Three weeks ago, I rolled out of Vancouver with the above truck and associated 28' trailer that carries work gear and a UTV. day 1 out, in Valemont, I pull into and start to slow down by coming off cruise and down from 100 to 30kmh, I don't really use my brakes, the whole thing weighs about 18,000lbs as it sits, so it slows down in a nice linear fashion when no power is applied. I end up putting into the PetroCan and I apply the brakes as I pull up to the pump - nothing, I keep going towards a car full of tourists and in a panic, I slam the trailer brake controller to the sops and slide to a stop... burst Russel SS line. Never in all my driving has that ever happened to me.

Gotta keep moving, it's Saturday and I am expected on site 0600 Monday. Call a tow truck to get to the Ford dealership in Hinton, 200k north. No probs, am stuck there until Tuesday, brakes fixed, on the road.

Arrive at the Raddison in Fort McMurray late Tuesday evening. Park the truck under a light standard, come back 6 hours later on Wednesday and some (Oh the words I used...) had broken into it and tried to steal the entire rig, rendering it un-drivable. Tow truck 2 called, Horsemen and my friend the manger to review the tapes. Tapes not available, Police case number reported to ICBC, Ford in Fort Mac has two weeks to fix $2400 in damage. Rent a 3/4 ton, go to work...

Two weeks later, Northstar Ford call me on the day they said they would and my truck is fixed and running! Yay!

Attend Northstar Ford, pay the $2400 in damage, get the key and go to collect the truck. Get to truck, truck in pieces and not running. Return to Manager ask (politely) why request payment for fixing truck that clearly isn't fixed? Manager confused. I uncofuse him (still being polite). 6 hours later the truck is back together, but missing parts for airbag and horn, etc.

I do not have a problem in any way expressing my emotions. I go to leave, get in the truck, truck backs up, but will not go into gear. Leaving truck in middle of everything, I grab the manager, who then grabs 4 guys and push truck away to fix. By now it is two in the afternoon on a Friday and I still have to deal with the rental and trailer - paid for the hotel, so I stay another (insert angry words here) night, and go for a beer(s).

The next morning, we role out. All is good except for no cruise; no cruise when towing something heavy really sucks - the computer is much smarter than I, and really knows what it likes.

Pull into the petrocan in Hinton (again, ironically...), get out of truck, transmission is belching out fluid. Friday night, Thanksgiving weekend, awesome. Missed my Ma's birthday too.

Tuesday, truck fixer guys cannot have parts until Wednesday, so Thursday I get to go. Thursday, get truck, hook up trailer, drive to Hotel, transmission still continues to belch fluid - I know immediately that the torque converter is cracked, and despite me asking truck fixer guys to pressure test said TC, no such luck.

Return truck to truck fixer guys, and surprise, no TC until Friday AM. Order parts, ask them to at least take it apart Thursday PM so it can be assembled quickly in the AM so I can go.

Friday 1 pm, on the road, headed to Vancouver.

Friday 230 PM is about where the above pictures started, when trucked decided to barf out a boost tube at about 35psi of boost, while going up up grade. Helluva bang. As I was twenty five k out of Valemont, I bush fixed it and drove it to town. Almost. Blew off again about 3kms from a Napa.

So hit the NAPA, got some brake clean, new clamps, and heavy duty adhesive, got a room at the Best Western, took the whole thing apart, cleaned off all the oil, then put it back together in a way that it was either going to work, or I was now calling another tow truck because I couldn't fix what I did.

Saturday AM, to my total amazement it worked, made it home, took the other half out for sushi and beer(s), crashed in my bed.

Sunday AM (today), took the TTs out for a drive in the rain to get the air filter I had left at the office and almost cried tears of joy with how ethereal the experience was, when compared to other experiences of late...
Old 10-20-2019, 09:12 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

What a sh$t show ...I have nothin fer ya but wish I could give you a hug and buy you more beers...I'd personally think about a new mule but who knows what you get new these days...so many tales of recalls...big troubles with the GM fuel pumps not designed fo NA diesel etc...can't even come up with an "at least" comment ...well maybe one..."at least ya got to get the hell outta Ft. Mac"
Old 10-20-2019, 09:26 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

What a sh$t show ...I have nothin fer ya but wish I could give you a hug and buy you more beers...I'd personally think about a new mule but who knows what you get new these days...so many tales of recalls...big troubles with the GM fuel pumps not designed fo NA diesel etc...can't even come up with an "at least" comment ...well maybe one..."at least ya got to get the hell outta Ft. Mac"
One of the reasons I kept this one was it was the last series before the advent of the particulate filters...

As I have fixed all of the known problems (and a few things lesser known...), it is usually incredibly reliable.

Fort Mac is pretty sad; hard to see everyone so down - locals businesses, development, investment - they've been hit pretty hard.
Old 10-21-2019, 01:03 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Drove it to the airport to pick up a buddy coming in from Calgary, prior to dropping it at the shop.

Nanook, I have the Michelin winters on and they are fantastic in the rain, thinking you could drive it year round...

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 991 turbo today?