Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 Build - Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Default JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 Build - Your Thoughts?

Hello GT3(RS)'ers,

I currently have a 991.1 GTS (my first 911 - love it, came from 14 different BMWs), always dreamed of a GT3. Here's my build, deposit placed yesterday. The wait begins.

I also included my comments and thought process into the selections, hope it can help others.

*Updated based on your feedback

Exterior:
White *My current 991 GTS is white, I love it.

Interior:
Leather/Alcantara® Interior Package in Black with Red Stitching *I chose this due to the contrast, the car is white, black trims with red brakes. Interior should have a bit of red accent.

Exterior Option:
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) *LED option loses the bumper DRL, which I love. Xenon with black housing looks sexy enough.

Performance:
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) *I know how to drive a manual very well, my first car and many after that were MT. I absolutely love the PDK, it allows me to focus on the lines instead of heel/toe. Plus, it's faster.
Sport Chrono Package incl. Preparation for Lap Trigger *The dash looks weird without the center clock
Extended Range Fuel Tank, 23.7 gal *I rather not stop twice a week for fuel
Front Axle Lift System *Recommended by many

Wheels:
20" 911 GT3 Wheels *Satin colored wheels have no clear coat, it's a nightmare to clean so I chose base wheels. Plus, the wheels won't stay stock too long.

Interior:
Auto-Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor *I drive my cars at night
Light Design Package *Looks good, why not?
Steering Wheel with Top Center Marking in Red *Total RICE, but I love it.
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) *Love the look of buckets, hate the practicality of getting in and out. Especially if another car parks too close to me.
Smoking Package *For looks, you get a cover to put loose change in
Floor Mats *Free, duh
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell *Free, duh

Interior Leather:
Leather Interior Stitching in Red *Red contrast needed
Seat Belts in Guards Red *Looks great with Red Stitching

Interior Carbon Fiber:
Carbon Fiber Interior Package *My 991 GTS has it, I love the CF weave

Audio and Communication:
BOSE® Surround Sound System *I love music

What do you think?

Attached Images       

Last edited by Jnosol; 06-14-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:11 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 739 Likes on 403 Posts

Don't care for the wheels. I would get gloss black with a white car. I wouldn't get white as that is what everyone gets but color is 100% subjective. I would get axle lift. Lastly if you like music the Bose is AWFUL, get the Burmester. My $.02
Old 04-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Don't care for the wheels. I would get gloss black with a white car. I wouldn't get white as that is what everyone gets but color is 100% subjective. I would get axle lift. Lastly if you like music the Bose is AWFUL, get the Burmester. My $.02
"Gloss" Black wheels and Burmester aren't available options for the GT3. I'm affiliated with a wheel company that's on this forum, so wheels won't be an issue. Local powder coating companies can finish the wheels in gloss black for $300, way cheaper than what Porsche charges.

Based on the recent poll results posted, I don't think "everyone" is getting white. My second choice is Guard Red, we'll see. Thanks for the feedback.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...olor-poll.html
Attached Images  
Old 04-21-2017, 07:21 PM
goin2drt
Banned

It was only my $.02. White is nice but at least around here and many of the .1 FS threads are for white. The poll is just that a poll. Like I stated get what you want I was only commenting as you asked. No need to defend yourself, it's your car. Funny thing is on that poll I would only get Chalk or agate gray as I do not care for ANY of those other colors. :-)

Congrats BTW.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,292 Likes on 680 Posts

agree that white is fine, is a classic racing color and that more GT3s are colors than they are white. Plus you can always dress it up with racing logos, martini or others, which you can't really do with Guards red. And being the launch color, I think we're going to see a glut of .2 GT3s in Guards Red, so white may actually be more rare than Guards for a .2 GT3.

light design package is a waste of money. I've seen GT3s with and without it and there is not much it does for a GT3, but it actually does something for a big four door car like a Cayenne.

*LED option loses the bumper DRL, which I love*
Explain this to me please. I'm torn myself regarding PDLS vs LED in black for my .2 GT3. I have PDLS black bi xenon headlights on my .1 GT3.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by goin2drt
It was only my $.02. White is nice but at least around here and many of the .1 FS threads are for white. The poll is just that a poll. Like I stated get what you want I was only commenting as you asked. No need to defend yourself, it's your car. Funny thing is on that poll I would only get Chalk or agate gray as I do not care for ANY of those other colors. :-)

Congrats BTW.
Thanks so much, my color choice isn't final. Your feedback was appreciated. I'm a bit surprised by color polls too, Chalk is nice but $4,220. I bet the poll results would change if the OP put the dollar figure next to it.

I painted high end cars in high school, I like non-complicated colors that can easily be matched without blending multiple panels in case of a fender bender. Especially metallic paints, the air pressure / flake size / pearl type / etc has to be just right for it to blend correctly.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
agree that white is fine, is a classic racing color and that more GT3s are colors than they are white. Plus you can always dress it up with racing logos, martini or others, which you can't really do with Guards red. And being the launch color, I think we're going to see a glut of .2 GT3s in Guards Red, so white may actually be more rare than Guards for a .2 GT3.

light design package is a waste of money. I've seen GT3s with and without it and there is not much it does for a GT3, but it actually does something for a big four door car like a Cayenne.

*LED option loses the bumper DRL, which I love*
Explain this to me please. I'm torn myself regarding PDLS vs LED in black for my .2 GT3. I have PDLS black bi xenon headlights on my .1 GT3.
I was watching the obsessed garage 991.2 GT3 build, he said that if you checked LED the bumper DRL won't light up the same way as the Xenon versions. It makes sense as the LED uses the 4 dots as DRL. He and I could be wrong.

I personally don't like the 4-dot DRL, looks like a lower end car light for some reason. Just my .2 of course.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 87 Posts

What about a front lifter? Did you consider ceramic brakes?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick
What about a front lifter? Did you consider ceramic brakes?
No lift needed, I'm used to driving lowered vehicles. I like lower cost of ownership, which I plan to keep the GT3 for a long time so no PDCC for me.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very clean look with white and standard wheels. Also like your interior choices. Well done and congrats.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Originally Posted by Jnosol
I personally don't like the 4-dot DRL, looks like a lower end car light for some reason. Just my .2 of course.
Totally agree here and your assessment of PCCB's.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:30 PM
cweed
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 20 Posts

Love the white gauges, not a fan of white cars but very nice build, good luck. Some contrast on the wheels is good which it seems you will have covered later.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol

Full Bucket Seats *Exclusive to 991.2, further sets it apart from the 991.1 and I plan on harness bar for 4-6pt belt (track use)
This is not true, full buckets were available on the 991.1, started with MY15 builds. Great seats, juts hard to get in/out. My '15 had them and the new car will have them.

Nice build.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Looks solid to me.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:03 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Plane Jane GT3.
Perfect, everything you need and I like the white / red combo.

Quick Reply: JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 Build - Your Thoughts?