Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 Build - Your Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 11:05 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

I submitted my final order, thanks everyone for your feedback. It was very helpful.

Changes:
Changed White Dials to Stock - I'm OCD, I don't want to see all White Dials, but the LCD Dial being Black. Rather see all of them black.
Added Guard Red Seat Belts - This should match the red interior stitching and accents.
Changed Buckets to 18-way - I tried getting in and out of my buddy's GT4 with buckets. 4/5 people I know with GT4 buckets hate it. I'm slim and fit, but I can see it being very challenging if someone parks way too close to me. I don't think it's enjoyable being a daily.
Added Front Axle Life - I plan to drive the GT3 at the lowest height setting. This just make sense for clearing speed bumps and in case the car needed a tow.

Now what am I going to do for 4 months w/o a 911?
Attached Images   
Old 11-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Default GT3 Delivered

Here she is. Separate thread coming shortly with goodies. I went with 4-way seats, best decision I've made. 4-way is 30LB lighter per seat compared to 18-way and fits perfectly. So glad I got axle lift, no way I could've cleared my driveway.

Old 12-01-2017, 01:16 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Congrats!
Mine is on a ship off the coast of Mexico. Will be very similar. I went with full bucket seats and no dash wart, otherwise looks pretty much the same!
Just a couple more weeks. . .
Old 12-01-2017, 01:59 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
Congrats!
Mine is on a ship off the coast of Mexico. Will be very similar. I went with full bucket seats and no dash wart, otherwise looks pretty much the same!
Just a couple more weeks. . .
That's awesome. I thought about buckets, a lot. But this is a daily, so buckets won't work. Did you get basic wheels, the wheels look amazing in person.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:32 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
That's awesome. I thought about buckets, a lot. But this is a daily, so buckets won't work. Did you get basic wheels, the wheels look amazing in person.
for a daily, buckets are not a good idea, the 4 ways are very comfy and much lighter than 18 ways as you noticed. You choose.......wisely.

Car looks great. Glad we could help you with configuring her.......however, we need pics of the interior!

Congrats

P.S. I hope you are planning to swap out the orange front blinker lights with the clear ones. Cost about $100 and look much, much better.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:58 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
I did get the standard wheels. While I really liked the platinum satin on the 991.1, I wasn't paying extra for them this time.
I've had either sport bucket seats or full bucket seats in several cars before & love them. Call me crazy, but I prefer them to the 18-ways in my Boxster GTS.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
for a daily, buckets are not a good idea, the 4 ways are very comfy and much lighter than 18 ways as you noticed. You choose.......wisely.

Car looks great. Glad we could help you with configuring her.......however, we need pics of the interior!

Congrats

P.S. I hope you are planning to swap out the orange front blinker lights with the clear ones. Cost about $100 and look much, much better.
Thanks for the advices. Clear LED corners ordered last night from Suncoast. Winter wheels shipping in as well. I'll start a new thread with DIY and build soon.

Originally Posted by Dr.Bill
I did get the standard wheels. While I really liked the platinum satin on the 991.1, I wasn't paying extra for them this time.
I've had either sport bucket seats or full bucket seats in several cars before & love them. Call me crazy, but I prefer them to the 18-ways in my Boxster GTS.
Seats are one of those things a person must try for themselves before they buy. Never take any forum member for their words as everyone's body shop and preference are different. I had an opportunity to try all 3 seats, 4-ways fits me best.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:12 AM
Jnosol
Pro

Default Interior Shots

Here's the interior shots. Full leather, red stitching, CF trim, 4-way seats, Chronos, Bose, heated seats, passenger net, and smoking package (to cover up the cavity). I'm so glad I picked the stock gauge color. I thought about red seat belts, but I also thought about with my luck the first day I'll ever take to the track it will rain. Cleaning red seat belt is a b*tch.

P.S. 4-way seats are ridiculously comfy. If you're thin to medium build, consider 4-way. 18-way weighs 30LB more each, ridiculous for a GT car when Porsche went through all the hassle saving weight. Even the engine cover hinge is made of CF to save a few oz of weight, so adding 60LB would be sacrilege.

Quick Reply: JNOSOL's 991.2 GT3 Build - Your Thoughts?