Old 09-10-2017, 06:01 AM
spydersmiley
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
care to post an image of the e-mail?
The E-Mail reads:

"Sehr geehrter Herr XX

Das "Touring Paket" wird demnächst auch für den GT3 verfügbar sein. Ich komme auf Sie zu, sobald wir es im Porsche Bestellsystem konfigurieren können, und die Modalitäten fixiert sind.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
YY"

This would translate into:

"Dear Mr XX

The "Touring Package" will shortly also become available for the GT3. I will contact you as soon as we can configure it in the Porsche ordering tool and the modalities are defined.

Kind regards
YY"

The reason why the dealer uses the term "also available" is due to the fact that we have been exchanging emails regarding the "911T" which was announced to the Porsche dealers about 2 weeks ago and which was sometimes erroneously referenced to come with a Touring Package.

Best
Tobias
Old 09-10-2017, 07:07 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

Touring will enter First production CW 50. I.e.,Mid-december 17.

I have a reserved production slot for January 2018.

That's all I can tell you for the moment.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:26 AM
DuckieRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris is right, document I saw mentions "ab kW50/17" (kW = Kalenderwoche in German).
Old 09-10-2017, 07:32 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

There is some suggestion that we will get the official announcement as early as the 11th, so here are some final thoughts on what I think we will see.

I will post up the table again, as I am sticking with that for my expectations on what the car will be, but for everything thats not 100% in the list, I will attempt to make a call on which way it will land with some reasons why.

PDK - No. Whilst there is no logical reason not to include PDK, I just dont think this car will have it. Some would suggest that not including PDK will limit sales, but lack of sales on the GT3 is never going to be a problem, even if they never offered the touring. I'll go with the 'manual for involvement, PDK for laptimes' commentary suggesting that the touring with a road focus wont be offered with PDK.

Rear seats - Yes. My head says no, but my heart says yes. I could mount many logical arguments for why it wouldnt or shouldnt have them, but I feel the spirit of this car is for it to have rear seats. Its not a light weight special like the R, its a Touring version of the GT3, and that for me means it will have them. Specifically, I think they will be an option, meaning the touring will be able to be ordered with LWBs, but you'll need folding seats to option rear seats.

Different suspension - No I dont think it needs it. Adjusted for the lack of downforce on the rear, but otherwise the same as regular GT3.

Badged as a GT3 - Yes Dont see any reason why it would not be. I'll go out on a limb and suggest the badge on the rear says 'GT3 Touring'.

Detuned engine - No No need to, its not going to knock any superior model off its pedestal, it is still a GT3 and will have the full GT3 motor.

Additional colours - Yes I can see it being launched with 1 additional standard colour. I dont think it will be anything super special (like a meerblau or viper green), perhaps midnight blue metallic. I also see the possibility that other colours will be restricted (ie only 4-5 possible colours that suit the chrome highlights).

Cost option - No Whilst I dont think the option itself will cost additional, I believe the model pointed out by someone earlier in the thread whereby in order to tick the Touring option you are forced to pick other options (eg full leather) will be the case.

Will be eagerly awaiting the announcement in the coming days!

Name:  pPJWfjH.png
Views: 10
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 09-10-2017, 12:00 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If rear seats are part of the package then it will not be offered in the US. The GT3 is certified for the US w/o rear seats. Adding the seats will require re-certification of type which, like the 997 Sport Classic, Porsche will not do given time and cost. It is also the reason why rear seat delete is not available in US for GTS models.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:06 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Agree on no rear seats
I would love to see a few additional colors - midnight blue with a lighter colored or saddle brown / pepita interior would be great
Old 09-10-2017, 12:21 PM
rezgui.rachid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard the new cloth in the seats is called carbon-something...
I don't know exactly how it is gonna look like: maybe similar to the floor mat texture...
Old 09-10-2017, 02:17 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
^ Agree on no rear seats
I would love to see a few additional colors - midnight blue with a lighter colored or saddle brown / pepita interior would be great
I agree, much like the saddle brown interior of the 911R that is gulf blue. that would be awesome for a touring car..

I save my bright colors for my track cars..my daily drivers are more subdued.
Old 09-10-2017, 03:00 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 165 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by rezgui.rachid
I heard the new cloth in the seats is called carbon-something...
I don't know exactly how it is gonna look like: maybe similar to the floor mat texture...
Maybe something similar to the Sport-Tex seat material in the regular 991 but with different pattern?

That seat material reminds me of ballistic nylon on the TUMI.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 144 Posts

^ Looks like something out of a base-model Subaru.

As long as the Touring doesn't have houndstooth/Pepita...it will be quite boring if Porsche unrolls that stuff again...
Old 09-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LnC993
Maybe something similar to the Sport-Tex seat material in the regular 991 but with different pattern?

That seat material reminds me of ballistic nylon on the TUMI.

if Touring Package comes with SportTex like the base 911, then like Kramer said, "I'm out!"

Actually I'm really hoping for the houndstooth/pepita just like on the 911R and 911_50. That's the best looking and most tasteful non-leather seats inserts I've seen or touched.

Like others said, would be great if Touring Pack is all leather (no alcantara except for headliner), and even better if it is offered with saddle brown leather seats similar to what was offered in 911R.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,089 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
if Touring Package comes with SportTex like the base 911, then like Kramer said, "I'm out!"

Actually I'm really hoping for the houndstooth/pepita just like on the 911R and 911_50. That's the best looking and most tasteful non-leather seats inserts I've seen or touched.

Like others said, would be great if Touring Pack is all leather (no alcantara except for headliner), and even better if it is offered with saddle brown leather seats similar to what was offered in 911R.

Seriously, you are out because of seat fabric?
Old 09-10-2017, 04:13 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Seriously, you are out because of seat fabric?
Yes, if I hated the seat fabric Porsche makes standard (or would require) for the Touring Package, the yes, I wouldn't get the Touring Package. I would just stick with regular GT3.

Hopefully they'll do either Pepita/Houndstooth or just all leather, either of which would be great. But I would prefer even the standard alcantara as on the GT3 (non-touring) to SportTex.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:45 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Yes, if I hated the seat fabric Porsche makes standard (or would require) for the Touring Package, the yes, I wouldn't get the Touring Package. I would just stick with regular GT3.

Hopefully they'll do either Pepita/Houndstooth or just all leather, either of which would be great. But I would prefer even the standard alcantara as on the GT3 (non-touring) to SportTex.
Sportex is not free on the base model, it is an option that costs around $3-4k if i am not mistaken
Old 09-10-2017, 06:16 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Sportex is not free on the base model, it is an option that costs around $3-4k if i am not mistaken
So? A lot of options that cost money are ugly, and I wouldn't have them.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option