Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 11:19 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadking
Local dealer confirmed my allocation for a Sept/Oct build. Super excited!!!
Congrats
Old 04-08-2017, 12:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

The 991 GT3/RS ALLOCATION FORUM

Name:  photo478.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  107.6 KBName:  photo541.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  124.7 KBName:  photo43.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  120.2 KBName:  photo7.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  122.9 KBName:  photo661.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  photo317.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  19.7 KBName:  photo40.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  142.0 KB
Old 04-08-2017, 01:49 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

^ Once again confirming that the difficult part is the process of obtaining a GT car.

Last edited by mass27; 08-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:06 PM
yoojeankim
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
To reiterate my past post:

I have seen the chalk car many times now. I've stared at this paint for an accumulated time of about 18 hours, on a real car (not sample), Panamera Turbo. It looks amazing, its slightly warmer than Fashion Grey but slightly less warm than Classic Sports Grey, they are pretty similar in lightness. Flat but very rich. Love it.

Its definitely not similar to suzuka gray. Had an Suzuka R8 parked 4 cars down the Chalk Panamera and it was completely different under the same light.

chao

do you agree that avalanche grey from the post above is close to the chalk? im trying to see when a local dealer will have chalk on a panamera but nothing has popped up
Old 04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yoojeankim
chao

do you agree that avalanche grey from the post above is close to the chalk? im trying to see when a local dealer will have chalk on a panamera but nothing has popped up

Unfortunately I have not seen Avalanche Grey in person, these kinds of colors are too hard to judge with just pictures. However, Chalk is definitely not like Suzuka Gray. If you ask 10 "non-car" people what color is suzuka grey under sunlight, 9 people will say its white. If you ask the same 10 people what color is Chalk, 8 people will say its grey. As I said its very similar to Porsche Fashion grey and Classic Sports Grey. I am sure you'll have a chance to see one in person on Panamera, even the earlier builds of GT3 still have 2 months before locking.

Originally Posted by bronson7
chaosoul, is this info you've shared with us any different from how it was the last few years? What things have changed now from the .1 gt3 generation?

Nothing has really changed from PCNA side. Obviously this is the first time Porsche is offering 2 different transmissions for GT car, so I get why a lot of people are quite confused. What I meant is at this moment in time (Early April), there are still no confirmed and promised MT or PTS allocations/builds. There will be confirmed and promised ones soon, just not now.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,089 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Nothing has really changed from PCNA side. Obviously this is the first time Porsche is offering 2 different transmissions for GT car, so I get why a lot of people are quite confused. What I meant is at this moment in time (Early April), there are still no confirmed and promised MT or PTS allocations/builds. There will be confirmed and promised ones soon, just not now.
What would you say the chance of a 918 owner VIP customer getting a PTS manual GT3 are? 99.99%?
Old 04-08-2017, 03:41 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What would you say the chance of a 918 owner VIP customer getting a PTS manual GT3 are? 99.99%?

Nope haha.

This year? I'd say 70-80% at most.

If they are willing to wait indefinitely, I'd say 90%. However they still run into the same stop sale issues down the line for parts like LWBs as GT2RS and Speedster etc goes into production.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:06 PM
robgts
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My allocation update:
Well I just checked in on my status at Park Place Porsche in DALLAS. On March 1 I talked to Jeff in their sales department and he said I was on the list. When I checked in with him yesterday he said, "Thanks for the email Rob. Of course demand far out paces supply with Park Place having over 50 repeat and local clients on a list and after 918 clients we have 8 allocations. Thank you for your interest and good luck in your search." When I asked if I was off the list he said,"Unfortunately, yes."

On the list.....THEN KICKED OFF!!!

Last edited by robgts; 04-08-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Heard back from my dealer today and he's 'tellin' me there's a chance'... Says I have a good shot, but who knows. Did ask for my build though, so that's encouraging. Not sure whether they're going to want a premium or not though.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:11 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by robgts
My allocation update:
Well I just checked in on my status at Park Place Porsche in ST LOUIS. On March 1 I talked to Jeff in their sales department and he said I was on the list. When I checked in with him yesterday he said, "Thanks for the email Rob. Of course demand far out paces supply with Park Place having over 50 repeat and local clients on a list and after 918 clients we have 8 allocations. Thank you for your interest and good luck in your search." When I asked if I was off the list he said,"Unfortunately, yes."

There's a park place Porsche in St. Louis? I thought it was Porsche St Louis from Indigo Auto group
Old 04-08-2017, 04:16 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Heard back from my dealer today and he's 'tellin' me there's a chance'... Says I have a good shot, but who knows. Did ask for my build though, so that's encouraging. Not sure whether they're going to want a premium or not though.

Here is my suggestion:

Give them a more expensive build now. Of course I don't know your relation with your contact and where your contact stands in decision making, but dealers are likely to weed out low MSRP builds at this time, since it sounds like they are deciding if they'll be able to give you an allocation.

They weed out low MSRP builds for 2 reasons. The first one being if they are going to sell at MSRP, then the higher MSRP, the more profit. The second one being low MSRP builds are much more likely to be flippers than people who built a really high MSRP car.

If your contact is a sales, when they present the a low MSRP build to a GSM or GM, they may want to weed you out. Anyway, you can have them on the hook first with high MSRP, and take out a few expensive options at the very end before they lock
Old 04-08-2017, 04:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Here is my suggestion:

Give them a more expensive build now. Of course I don't know your relation with your contact and where your contact stands in decision making, but dealers are likely to weed out low MSRP builds at this time, since it sounds like they are deciding if they'll be able to give you an allocation.

They weed out low MSRP builds for 2 reasons. The first one being if they are going to sell at MSRP, then the higher MSRP, the more profit. The second one being low MSRP builds are much more likely to be flippers than people who built a really high MSRP car.

If your contact is a sales, when they present the a low MSRP build to a GSM or GM, they may want to weed you out. Anyway, you can have them on the hook first with high MSRP, and take out a few expensive options at the very end before they lock
My build is medium, but I intend to let him know that I would add a few options if it would help. Re: flipping, they know me and they know I'm not a flipper.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:22 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by robgts
My allocation update:
Well I just checked in on my status at Park Place Porsche in ST LOUIS. On March 1 I talked to Jeff in their sales department and he said I was on the list. When I checked in with him yesterday he said, "Thanks for the email Rob. Of course demand far out paces supply with Park Place having over 50 repeat and local clients on a list and after 918 clients we have 8 allocations. Thank you for your interest and good luck in your search." When I asked if I was off the list he said,"Unfortunately, yes."

You mean Park Place Dallas? You should know where your dealer is for starters, and Park Place has started limiting new sales to Texas. Traditionally, people who were on the list but didn't get an allocation, got rolled over to the next list.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
There's a park place Porsche in St. Louis? I thought it was Porsche St Louis from Indigo Auto group
On too many lists at dealers have never visited?
Old 04-08-2017, 04:49 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
It used to be Parktown. Indigo bought them and Plaza Porsche in St. Louis a couple years ago.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread