Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 11:06 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
BTW .. Very nice forum contributions .. They come at no charge to view from what I can tell.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...d-journal.html

A man with principle is a stand up guy no matter the size of his checkbook, how loud he can bark, or is first to have the latest "hot" car.
Thanks. I know I'm not the warmest, fuzziest, guy here because I like to call BS when I see it. There are some things that always set me off. Stealers, flippers, and snobs are at the top of the list, so I should probably avoid this thread.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:05 PM
PeteAZ
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Porsche Chandler? Cuz I know it's not Scottsdale North.
Haha no kidding there! Pardon my French, but PNS can eat ****. They had an opportunity to earn my business on a GT4 and tried to pull some seriously sideways shenanigans. I will never buy a car from them. Went down the street and got an Italian instead . Now they are really screwed because they don't have a monopoly on PHX/Scottsdale anymore!

Not Porsche Chandler either, although I've heard decent things about them. I have a relationship with a great midwest dealer (back where I'm originally from).
Old 04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Mooty, I love my Raptor. That's how we roll in Texas.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,089 Likes on 2,337 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Lol. We are going to get along just fine because I can say the EXACT same thing (except for the listing homes thing, but close enough)!
Listing/buying homes or replacing hips/knees, it's all the same and provides us the good fortune to have this fun hobby. My buddy (from the track) Terry hooked the both of us up on Endless pads and fluid too.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:16 PM
herenow
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj

Bought the new gen Raptor a few months ago to replace the work truck. Absolutely adore it. Coolest part is I don't have to go around roundabouts anymore

Was this picture taken at they Raptor Performance Driving Class in Utah? They started doing free two day classes in Utah for new Raptor owners. Just booked my class for June
Old 04-12-2017, 03:32 PM
speeddistrict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got butt raped on OVER msrp on the GT3RS.
I paid 5k over for the raptor since i didnt want to wait.. great daily driver.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Yes, at the Raptor Performance School--first session last week in Utah. They had a professional photographer and give us a thumb drive with 500+ photos of the sessions.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:59 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 473 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddistrict
I got butt raped on OVER msrp on the GT3RS.
I paid 5k over for the raptor since i didnt want to wait.. great daily driver.
Hahaha you aren't the only one. There are plenty of us here. I for one will happily keep and continue to drive my RS. I love it. I loved customizing it and being the first owner and taking delivery.

Worth every penny...until someone on the 991 board ordered a GTS in UV. WTF?!?!
Old 04-12-2017, 05:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
Hahaha you aren't the only one. There are plenty of us here. I for one will happily keep and continue to drive my RS. I love it. I loved customizing it and being the first owner and taking delivery.

Ditto my friend, I also bent over for the UV RS but like you I got to spec the car EXACTLY how I wanted with no extra fluff. Well worth it.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:56 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Was a dealer today that isn't really "tuned into" the forums. Asked about .2 GT3 and MSRP, locals, etc. He threw out $25K over. I really believe that these over asking prices are totally conjured up and spread among dealers.

Obviously the demand is there, but he knew about the $25K that's been floating around.

He mentioned many owners and GM's have changed their tunes and don't want to leave money on the table. I mentioned customer loyalty, but he just said "that's what they're going for".

Also mentioned, many calls coming in from CA guys asking about MSRP deals
Old 04-12-2017, 06:08 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

The interesting point is most dealers had a broad list of potential buyers for months or years and elected to blow those guys off and sell their allocations. This also denies a potential owner the ability to order a car that had what he/she wanted options color etc.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
Was a dealer today that isn't really "tuned into" the forums. Asked about .2 GT3 and MSRP, locals, etc. He threw out $25K over. I really believe that these over asking prices are totally conjured up and spread among dealers.

Obviously the demand is there, but he knew about the $25K that's been floating around.

He mentioned many owners and GM's have changed their tunes and don't want to leave money on the table. I mentioned customer loyalty, but he just said "that's what they're going for".

Also mentioned, many calls coming in from CA guys asking about MSRP deals
Well considering the CA is home to the most number of stealers in the US that's not surprising. The one of the midwest dealers (they only sell to locals for MSRP) that I'm working with called those CA guys calling "sniper" buyers and he tells them they only sell to locals (I'm an exception because one of his biggest customers called in a favor on my behalf and asked him to put me on his lists). If they get me a GT3 allocation, I'm flying out there and buy the entire dealership lunch, taking the GM to dinner, and will give him a nice bottle of booze. He was one of the GMs that got the troll call from Auto Gallery and told them to pound sand.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:33 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj

That Einstein standing under that tilted truck, hope he's still around...
Old 04-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Tom Truong
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that I would put much stock in this but I read in one of the car magazines or Hagerty I cannot remember which that the previous Gen raptor with the V8 6.2 will be a classic/collector truck[/QUOTE]

I can not agree more, I still have my 2013 and no plans on getting the new version since it does not have he V8 also not SVT anymore either .

I know of 2 places you can get it for dealer invoice or $50 over invoice but you have to wait since there is a list that dealers actually go down the list.

my next house im building will be able to park my truck in the garage finally
Old 04-12-2017, 08:13 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504

I thought UV was only available on the RS?

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread