Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 06:08 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Oh boy, better grab those $50k ADM offers while they last!
Old 11-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Oh boy, better grab those $50k ADM offers while they last!
Ah,.....no. LOL
Old 11-27-2017, 07:31 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by beoliving
From different sources at Porsche I heard that no more GT cars as we know of today (current GT3, GT2RS and new GT3RS) will be produced after the factory summer break 2018. I think that has been discussed here at rennlist as well. local Dealers I spoke to have only allocations until June. As this is Germany/europe only, might be different for ROW. However, not sure if I would be super enthusiastic if a dealer offers me a potential build date late in 2018.
Been hearing the very same from my dealer sources for a while now.
Curious where folks are getting all their MY 19 GT3 allocations from... Not sure I'd be enthusiastic if offered one either.

Old 11-27-2017, 10:52 PM
Jim55
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone should buy this one. Then I might move up a spot on my dealers list. If they paid tax on it they are losing a little money at $185k.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-for-sale.html
Old 11-27-2017, 11:20 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was fortunate to secure a GT4 allocation with Porsche of Arlington back in November of 2015. My salesman during that buy experience was incredible. Very pleasant and essentially hassle free. I purchased that car at MSRP. Now to fast forward. I’ve reached out to Porsche of Arlington again to check on a GT3 allocation. My original salesman is no longer there, they supposedly have 1 GT3 allocation left but with a 60,000 sticker bump. The sales manager now claims I should have never gotten my GT4 at sticker. So is it unreasonable to think a potential repeat customer could get a GT3 allocation at MSRP. Has Porsche of Arlington gone thru leadership changes. Any leads on a MSRP allocation on eastern side of US?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:28 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I was fortunate to secure a GT4 allocation with Porsche of Arlington back in November of 2015. My salesman during that buy experience was incredible. Very pleasant and essentially hassle free. I purchased that car at MSRP. Now to fast forward. I’ve reached out to Porsche of Arlington again to check on a GT3 allocation. My original salesman is no longer there, they supposedly have 1 GT3 allocation left but with a 60,000 sticker bump. The sales manager now claims I should have never gotten my GT4 at sticker. So is it unreasonable to think a potential repeat customer could get a GT3 allocation at MSRP. Has Porsche of Arlington gone thru leadership changes. Any leads on a MSRP allocation on eastern side of US?
The general manager Sammy has been doing this for a few years. He's the type of guy that if he was on fire, people wouldn't **** on him. He's screwed a few people out of allocations even with signed buyers orders. They have a ton of turnover as well, people don't want to work for him.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:34 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I’m shocked that you got a gt4 at sticker from them. They are the one dealer in our area that has been clear they don’t do lists they sell to the highest bidder.

I bet it was a mistake that you got it for msrp.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:59 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
I €™m shocked that you got a gt4 at sticker from them. They are the one dealer in our area that has been clear they don €™t do lists they sell to the highest bidder.

I bet it was a mistake that you got it for msrp.
Maybe that's why the salesguy is no longer there!!
Old 11-28-2017, 02:44 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by konaforever
Maybe that's why the salesguy is no longer there!!
I hope that's not the case but it seems like a real possibility.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:50 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Taylor Swift's silence on dealers' ADM practice and on whether production will continue past July '18 is deafening.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:47 PM
Homsy94
Intermediate

Hey guys! Need quick advice. So recently I posted here that a friend has an "allocation" for December 2018 but after all the talk here I'm unsure if that's real or not. I got offered one today at 15k over for a customizable build for feb delivery date. Worth it? I tried offering 10 but they wouldn't budge. I'm in line to get my car at MSRP if there is another round of allocations. Worth the gamble or not? Problem is I'm really averse to paying ADM but I also really want the car... really torn! Thanks in advance!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:37 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

If anyone gets wind of more allocations being released, please keep us in the loop especially with the apocalyptic news that GT3 production could very well be ending November 2018. A flipper's dream come true....

Still holding onto a prayer one of the lists I am on bears fruit for me.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:38 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Hey guys! Need quick advice. So recently I posted here that a friend has an "allocation" for December 2018 but after all the talk here I'm unsure if that's real or not. I got offered one today at 15k over for a customizable build for feb delivery date. Worth it? I tried offering 10 but they wouldn't budge. I'm in line to get my car at MSRP if there is another round of allocations. Worth the gamble or not? Problem is I'm really averse to paying ADM but I also really want the car... really torn! Thanks in advance!
Homsy,
I think that is a question only you could answer.
How "badly" do you want the car? Do you have an alternative plan ? Are you able to enjoy during the winter month ?
Given 10-15 K for a build slot is not a bad deal with the current market, especially you get to choose your own specs. Some dealers here in California were asking as much as 40 K + for a build slot.
I would have paid for a good premium months back to get a slot, but as time passes by, I have to think twice now before paying any premium. Thanks to RL, I learned about patience, I think it will eventually pay off in the near future.
That said, I still don't have a build slot.
JW
Old 11-28-2017, 10:35 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Homsy94
Do it. I let an allocation go for 12.5k and I’m kicking myself daily.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 PM
n3rd
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

I have no cleaning lady but the recent posts here make me suspect that this 991.2 production ending info isn’t from Porsche but from the those who sell with ADM.

Paging CJ (or if by some miracle Chaosoul).

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread