Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:26 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Never considered Lambo but this model looks awesome.

Does anyone know is this limited production type vehicle / availability?

Can this hold reasonable value vs STD Huracan?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2017, 12:18 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD

Thanks
Limited - no but Lambo doesn't produce that many cars.

Believe there will be limited editions of the Performante down the road same with all exotics - but how many have a screaming V10 that set a record at the ring.

It's going to depreciate if you enjoy it

Last edited by nuvolari612; 06-04-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JPMD

Thanks
Drive one and you will quickly change your mind.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Coincident
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I would not be surprised if the Huracan super edition is faster than the aventador SV- it's way lighter and has a much more refined AWD.

I will say that having driven the SV and the LT back to back there is no way the SV accelerated as fast as an LT which is slower than a 918.

The Italians (or are they Germans) apparently crashed a car on their way to this gnarly Huracan video. I think Porsche and McLaren took more measured approaches to their lap records.

What is SUPER FISHY ABOUT LAMBOS CLAIMS:

1) apparently they are super fast only at the ring!
2) the ring is So easy to drive!
3) we don't ever know what 'version' of cars they use...stripped interior? Cage replaces weight of no passenger seat, deleted odds and ends? This goes for all ring time cars.

The Super Test numbers are really the only ones I can put my faith in because they get so close to the factory numbers, they weigh the cars etc.
As a dealer who does not represent Lamborghini, surprising that you are questioning and doubting the veracity of the Performante track results.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:26 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Henry Catchpole loves it!

https://drivetribe.com/gallery/GkGlJ...TBSJ_7j2814V-g

Edit : the link is to a great video review. Do yourself a favour and check it out.

Last edited by Bardman; 06-25-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 07:26 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

And a shorter version posted on youtube with just the sounds of the car. It will be a sad day when naturally aspirated engines finally die off.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:14 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Glaring errors really bug me. 1382kg is the dry weight not the kerb weight. Fully fuelled the car will be 1500kg more or less given SportAuto weighed their standard Huracan at 1550kg or thereabouts from memory.

Great engine though as the review mentioned. Really glad the NA v10 is still in production.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:53 AM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 184 Posts

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/sup...record-huracan
Old 07-23-2017, 06:45 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,241 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Coincident
As a dealer who does not represent Lamborghini, surprising that you are questioning and doubting the veracity of the Performante track results.
I'm only stating what has played out over the last few years which is to say that zero people have been able to replicate the amazing SV Aventador performance on any track besides what happens to be the hardest track in the world.

If the GT2RS was faster than everyone by 5 seconds at Sebring, but then got it's butt kicked at Watkins Glen, Daytona, VIR, COTA, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Willow Springs, etc etc everyone would be crying foul.

The fact of the matter is that the verifiably fastest cars (lap times) released in the last few years are the ACR-Extreme, 918, p1.

as I stated- I am absolutely certain that the Huracan P is faster than the Aventador SV simply due to weight and power to weight ratio and the aero.

ALA is a huge step for manufacturers and really great for guys on track. I want all the downforce I can get.

I have a Huracan P inbound, FYI. Aventador SV? Wouldn't touch one as I drove one and have zero appeal to me for the price...rather take my chances on the Ford GT
Old 07-23-2017, 11:22 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,457 Likes on 760 Posts

That engine sound absolutely insane.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:32 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'm only stating what has played out over the last few years which is to say that zero people have been able to replicate the amazing SV Aventador performance on any track besides what happens to be the hardest track in the world.

If the GT2RS was faster than everyone by 5 seconds at Sebring, but then got it's butt kicked at Watkins Glen, Daytona, VIR, COTA, Laguna Seca, Sonoma, Willow Springs, etc etc everyone would be crying foul.

The fact of the matter is that the verifiably fastest cars (lap times) released in the last few years are the ACR-Extreme, 918, p1.

as I stated- I am absolutely certain that the Huracan P is faster than the Aventador SV simply due to weight and power to weight ratio and the aero.

ALA is a huge step for manufacturers and really great for guys on track. I want all the downforce I can get.

I have a Huracan P inbound, FYI. Aventador SV? Wouldn't touch one as I drove one and have zero appeal to me for the price...rather take my chances on the Ford GT
Once you test the Performante do let us all know your thoughts!!

If you find it better than a Mclaren, are you able to state that publicly?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:34 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,241 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by changster123
Once you test the Performante do let us all know your thoughts!!

If you find it better than a Mclaren, are you able to state that publicly?
If someone supplies me tires I will back to back whatever cars you want me to
Old 07-28-2017, 07:13 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From RT:

It was Tuesday 9:30 when I got the keys for the Performante in Boblingen and heard the sweet words “it’s yours for the entire day”. Not to so sweet was the weather - cold, rainy and up in Black Forest - foggy. But it just helped prove that the Perfromante is the most capable car I’ve ever driven no matter what.

Comfort and ergonomics

I know that people expect quirks from Lamborghini’s but the moment I got into the car I felt at home. The bucket seats are not the most comfortable but neither as terrible as some people have said. The upper part is too narrow for wider shoulders. I’d definitely go for the comfort seats. Everything else is a standard Huracan covered in alcantara. If feels like a military machine...and for a good reason. The driving position is superb. I especially like how close to the driver you can adjust the steering wheel on modern Lamborghini's. At 1.87m I fit perfectly fine but I can imagine a 1.90+ person feeling too close to the roof. I was told that NOT ordering the electric seats puts you 15mm lower so it is a must. My only ergonomics concern is the A-pillars which obstruct the visibility when you drive fast on tighter corners. The advanced sound system is great and can actually be enjoyed because the car is far more versatile than expected. Just put it in Strada and it is perfectly civilized and quiet (when you are gentile). The build quality of the interior is superb.

Chassis and steering

This is the most confidence-inspiring car I've ever driven. That was supposed to be the role of the Turbo but no more. It feels like you drive on rails, only you are laying the rails with the steering wheel in real time. I did some high speed Autobahn driving in the heavy rain. I've never felt so stable at 200+ km/h. From Boblingen I went to Black Forest towards Baden-Baden. It was raining hard, the temperature fell to 10C. The levels of traction and stability were unbelievable. I don't think that there's any other car in the world that can touch it especially in the wet. And there's no learning curve. You just jump in the car and it delivers immediately. If there's any understeer I couldn't find it. It feels absolutely neutral and centered. The steering is a bit heavy but precise enough. Maybe a bit artificially heavy at high speeds. It's not at the level of the 720S or the GT3 RS but still very good. The suspension was another surprise - less jarring than the GT3 RS but yet the wheel travel is short and the car stays absolutely flat. It is unbelievable that a 7m Ring car can be so civilized.

Where’s the catch then? If I have to point at one thing it would be that the car probably feels to planted. It lacks the playfulness and finesse of the 720S, the 488 or the GT3. There’s just a little bit of Audi feeling there. But it is superior to all those cars in so many other dimensions that I wouldn’t think too much about it.

Engine, gearbox and brakes

The brakes felt like they’ve been taken from a Porsche and that’s the biggest compliment I can give. Once again I was reminded how bad were the 720’s. The engine is such a masterpiece that I’d be happy to trade the power advantage of the 720S for that sound and response. I guess it’s not much different than the standard Huracan but anyways, it has to be pointed out more often that this is the best engine in this league. The gearbox is flawless and instant both in auto in manual. Overall the Performante impressed me far more than the 720S. I know that the weather didn’t do the McLaren a favor but this are just my feelings, not some objective, instrumental test. The Performante is the perfect combination of ultimate performance, drama and exotic look. I left with the feeling that I want one badly. Thankfully there are production slots for January.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 PM
CYKBC
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Huracan is an aesthetic mess in my eyes. No thx.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:00 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 276 Posts

Man if Lambo resurrected the gated shifter, people would be lining outside of dealers to get one!

I'd be first in line

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)