Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:35 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlaatan
It's sort of a big stretch to blame the conditions for multiple tests.. Or maybe it was just very, very bad luck that the SV tests were done under supposedly worse conditions every single time? For all we know it could've been the other way around and the 918 is actually even faster than those numbers show.
Worse conditions or worse drivers?

The price and the budget Lamborghini vs Porsche - c'mon. The SV is 1/3 the price of a 918 today. You telling me there is a 918 owner who could run his at the ring under 7 minutes - no way!

All these numbers are great Cars and Coffee forums stories - so for 918 guys and enthusiasts to start this bs about fake times is just poor sportsmanship because I and others could say the same about the 918 that had a STACK of computers on the passenger seat.

I guarantee you Porsches sister company built a faster car ... that's a fact and it will get faster. The 918 is just old news let's move on the 918 section has plenty of room to post.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:27 AM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Honestly, I'm beginning to just read other people's comments or parroting jalopnik about the time, but it is interesting to get Racelogic's take on the time.

Real or Fake? There is some controversy brewing over the recent video posted by Lamborghini showing a 2017 Huracan Performante clocking a 6m52s lap of the ring. This piqued our interest, so here is our (somewhat geeky) analysis:
The distance between the gantry and bridge is 1727m which was calculated in Circuit Tools using some customer VBOX data. This was then confirmed using the measuring tool in Google Earth. We then integrated the speed from the on-screen telemetry data on the Lambo every second using the built-in video time-stamps to obtain distance travelled. This data was obtained by stepping through the video in a video editor and entering the displayed speed every second into Excel. When integrated, the telemetry data made it 1728m from gantry to bridge, so the reported speeds and times between these two points on the circuits matched the real world distance precisely. This means that the speeds on the videos seem entirely realistic.
We then analysed the engine sound (using an FFT analysis) from the Huracan at top speed on the same straight, which showed a maximum of just under 7750 rpm on the rev counter. This analysis showed a strong peak at 640Hz which equates to 7680rpm for a V10. Therefore our opinion, based on both pieces of evidence, is that the video has not been speeded up. Next time, it would be a lot easier if they used a VBOX Video
Old 03-06-2017, 02:00 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Well that seems to settle it then... the answer is that the new Performante is blindingly fast, probably the first time a Lamborghini has become a segment leader in performance... let's see what the 720s brings (or will mclaren not release their video like last time with the p1?)
Old 03-06-2017, 06:02 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Well that seems to settle it then... the answer is that the new Performante is blindingly fast, probably the first time a Lamborghini has become a segment leader in performance... let's see what the 720s brings (or will mclaren not release their video like last time with the p1?)
If Racelogic has confirmed the huracan's timing vs speed was good then that's still throws up the question of how the SV covered the same distance in the same (more or less) time despite the SV showing much higher speeds.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:32 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 999 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Worse conditions or worse drivers?

The price and the budget Lamborghini vs Porsche - c'mon. The SV is 1/3 the price of a 918 today. You telling me there is a 918 owner who could run his at the ring under 7 minutes - no way!
918 owner: Mark Webber.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:59 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Chap in the Blue one above will be fast enough trust me on this one.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

I would not be surprised if the Huracan super edition is faster than the aventador SV- it's way lighter and has a much more refined AWD.

I will say that having driven the SV and the LT back to back there is no way the SV accelerated as fast as an LT which is slower than a 918.

The Italians (or are they Germans) apparently crashed a car on their way to this gnarly Huracan video. I think Porsche and McLaren took more measured approaches to their lap records.

What is SUPER FISHY ABOUT LAMBOS CLAIMS:

1) apparently they are super fast only at the ring!
2) the ring is So easy to drive!
3) we don't ever know what 'version' of cars they use...stripped interior? Cage replaces weight of no passenger seat, deleted odds and ends? This goes for all ring time cars.

The Super Test numbers are really the only ones I can put my faith in because they get so close to the factory numbers, they weigh the cars etc.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:32 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by unotaz
First he would have to call Panasonic and get a stack full of computers for the front seat.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

^^ Huh? F1 driver and a VBox would do it no problem?
Old 03-06-2017, 08:47 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

3) we don't ever know what 'version' of cars they use...stripped interior? Cage replaces weight of no passenger seat, deleted odds and ends? This goes for all ring time cars.

The Super Test numbers are really the only ones I can put my faith in because they get so close to the factory numbers, they weigh the cars etc.
^^ This.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:54 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I would not be surprised if the Huracan super edition is faster than the aventador SV- it's way lighter and has a much more refined AWD.

I will say that having driven the SV and the LT back to back there is no way the SV accelerated as fast as an LT which is slower than a 918.

The Italians (or are they Germans) apparently crashed a car on their way to this gnarly Huracan video. I think Porsche and McLaren took more measured approaches to their lap records.

Those 918's buzzing around tracks aren't stock 918's either.

Ring has been improved Performante aero is legit the list goes on.

Any race team that sets up a car unwatched will perform far better than a showroom car - just ask the guys who installed a full stack of Panasonic computers on the (ring'r) 918's front seat

Performante is no doubt faster stock to stock than the SV. Toss some Trofeo's and my guess it would be closer.

Interesting at the Aventador S preview - the factory claimed the new street Pirelli's are much better and there is an ego feature. I think Lambo is doing things really really well.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:07 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Okie dokie.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:14 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

---Quote (Originally by TRAKCAR)---
---End Quote---
You think a 918 owner - wake up gets out of bed calls and reserves the ring on an overnight care with a full tank of gas can pull off a sub 7 minute ring time.

Okie dokie.
Your posts are confusing.
But an F1 driver on a low tank of gas on a quiet morning, I wouldn't bet against.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:16 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Nuvolari612; What do you mean with the Panasonic hardware?
Old 03-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The restraint i'm currently holding back is immense on this topic!! keep the discussion going guys (keeping me intrigued between business meetings! haha)

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)