Sponsored by:

OT: AMG GT R

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 05:01 AM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Bummer. You'd think they could just do buckets as a standalone option. My rep said the standard Canadian seats are the buckets. Which they are not. So doubt I can get reliable info from him.
The Canadian standard seats aren't the bucket seats you see in some video clips with yellow AMG paint/stitching for sure. I am okay with the standard sports seats that'll make the car more useable. I like to take my cars on long driving trips so that'll help in some ways.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:14 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by py0413
The Canadian standard seats aren't the bucket seats you see in some video clips with yellow AMG paint/stitching for sure. I am okay with the standard sports seats that'll make the car more useable. I like to take my cars on long driving trips so that'll help in some ways.
What colour are you going with? I have Green Hell down but may change to Solarbeam.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:07 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

FWIW...

https://www.motor1.com/news/180499/a...ies-confirmed/
Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Issues Already Began with GT-R

If anyone looking for cheap thrills, just wait a few more months as the resale of the AMG GT-R is bound like its recent predecessors to take a steep depreciation LOL.

I started a thread about someone from the AMG forum who is a big fanboy of AMG who started a thread (two different models GT-S Edition-One, GT-R) about issues, this one on AMG GT-R already two days after accepting delivery. These new cars arrived at the port since April and has just been released by Mercedes Benz to their dealers. Hmmmm......six month or so for waiting, sitting idle at the port and little or no communication why these GT-R, GTC, and E63 being held at the port or VPC.

LINK:
https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...s-already.html

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-13-2017, 06:10 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Default GT-R STOP SALE

As posted by one of the diehard AMG boys who bought and got burned on a recently released defective GT-S "Edition-One" and now his car (GT-R, recently released from VPC to dealer) now stuck at the dealership due to defects, despite being held at the VPC since April 2017.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
As posted by one of the diehard AMG boys who bought and got burned on a recently released defective GT-S "Edition-One" and now his car (GT-R, recently released from VPC to dealer) now stuck at the dealership due to defects, despite being held at the VPC since April 2017.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I am waiting to see if it's true as his information is always BS. Which you continually post everywhere.

He is the same person that said my car would'nt be delivered until mid November at best since my car arrived at the port on OcT 3rd. When I said it would be at my dealer the next day he stated some fifo bs.

My car was delivered the next day.

Fyi, he is claiming this has to do with the front deploying spoiler and no cars have it working.

I watched my clear bra installer push the button and it deployed as it should.

It works on my car, so more bs from him.

I had the exact date and time given to me when I was taking care of my Project one hypercar order in Germany.

Not sure of your intentions, but I wouldn't use him as a source.

By the way, the GTR is a lot faster than my RS from my initial impressions, but have not had it on the track yet.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
I am waiting to see if it's true as his information is always BS. Which you continually post everywhere.

He is the same person that said my car would'nt be delivered until mid November at best since my car arrived at the port on OcT 3rd. When I said it would be at my dealer the next day he stated some fifo bs.

Fyi, he is claiming this has to do with the front deploying spoiler and no cars have it working.

I watched my clear bra installer push the button and it deployed as it should.

It works on my car, so more bs from him.

I had the exact date and time given to me when I was taking care of my Project one hypercar order in Germany.

Not sure of your intentions, but I wouldn't use him as a source.

By the way, the GTR is a lot faster than my RS from my initial impressions, but have not had it on the track yet.
His intentions are indeed suspect. For some reason he believes the entire GT line is an epic failure, despite a lack of any ownership besides a C class. More or less a classic dupe.

So your not an “AMG BOY” lol. Good to know everything is working out on the car and looking forward to those driving impressions

BTW your garage has inspired my new fall project.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:30 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes, unfortunately true.

Last edited by RobbieRob; 10-14-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Yes it is true. AMG GTR is officially on Retail Hold

Originally Posted by fastmd

My car arrived yesterday at PORTLAND Mercedes and I was supposed to pick it up today but this morning I got a call indicating car has a retail hold placed by Mercedes. It appears water can get trapped behind the active front aero causing it to become inoperable, and causing safety concerns at high speed. So retail hold, which is similar to a stop sale has been issued by Mercedes until cars are inspected and repaired. I waited for 14 months so why not wait another 1 or 2 more months. I bet I receive my 2018 GT3 with manual trans. Before my sick AMG GTR is feeling better. Let’s hope this is not the case. Mark
Old 10-13-2017, 08:24 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 386 Posts

After being away on holidays for 3 weeks and then immediately heading off on a 2 week business trip, I finally got to my dealer in person to take a look at my car in person. Was just aliitle bit worried about the white with the yellow but the colour combo really pops in the sun. I now just need to find the time to drive it properly.
Attached Images     
Old 10-13-2017, 10:39 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

My intent is simply to share what GT-R owners are experiencing. I have NO desire to buy another AMG due recent rash of quality defects, as I have done previously, although I still have my Edition-507.

Whatever you do with your money is none of anyone's business. However Mr. Quack Outlaw has once again opened his big mouth who DOES NOT OWN any PORSCHE yet tries to be all knowing in this forum. ROTFLMAO. All I know is his base AMG GT is indeed a great ship anchor due to its high depreciation. How much does your used base AMG GT cost now, you'd be lucky to get $75K on your base AMG GT. BTW who buys base AMG GT anyways.

To those who have their GT-R, I hope it meets your expectations. To those who are on the fence, well just stay on the fence until these defects and issues are sorted out.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw
His intentions are indeed suspect. For some reason he believes the entire GT line is an epic failure, despite a lack of any ownership besides a C class. More or less a classic dupe.

So your not an “AMG BOY” lol. Good to know everything is working out on the car and looking forward to those driving impressions

BTW your garage has inspired my new fall project.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:02 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
After being away on holidays for 3 weeks and then immediately heading off on a 2 week business trip, I finally got to my dealer in person to take a look at my car in person. Was just aliitle bit worried about the white with the yellow but the colour combo really pops in the sun. I now just need to find the time to drive it properly.
Congratulations. Beautiful car. Mark
Old 10-14-2017, 02:01 AM
SmokinV10
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Been lurking here for a few months. Thinking of pickling up a 991.2 GT3 and started reading the forum's comments about the GT-R. Its interesting, but being someone who had a 2016 Renntech GT-S, I will say BE CAREFUL ON DEPRECIATION. I am somewhat hopeful that the GT-R will somehow be different than other AMG cars...maybe like an SLS, but I am doubtful. The AMG GTS was pretty limited in production, but they really just don't seem to be selling and all the cars seem to lose $30K being less than a year old with under 5K miles. I purchased my GTS with 3K miles used for $109k. It had an MSRP of $145K. Sold it to buy a Viper ACR. Still have the ACR, but the dealer who took my AMG in on trade sold it for around $100K after it sat on the lot for nearly 6 months. Still on the fence on a GT3, but now everyone here has me considering the GT-R. Im also curious on what the incoming corvette ZR1 will do.....
Old 10-14-2017, 02:17 AM
py0413
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
What colour are you going with? I have Green Hell down but may change to Solarbeam.
I have Brilliant Blue with yellow stitchings and yellow seatbelt to pair with yellow brake, but white is looking very attractive.
Old 10-14-2017, 08:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,652 Likes on 768 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Looks really great!
Take it to the track ASAP.

Quick Reply: OT: AMG GT R