Sponsored by:

OT: AMG GT R

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:58 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinV10
Been lurking here for a few months. Thinking of pickling up a 991.2 GT3 and started reading the forum's comments about the GT-R. Its interesting, but being someone who had a 2016 Renntech GT-S, I will say BE CAREFUL ON DEPRECIATION. I am somewhat hopeful that the GT-R will somehow be different than other AMG cars...maybe like an SLS, but I am doubtful. The AMG GTS was pretty limited in production, but they really just don't seem to be selling and all the cars seem to lose $30K being less than a year old with under 5K miles. I purchased my GTS with 3K miles used for $109k. It had an MSRP of $145K. Sold it to buy a Viper ACR. Still have the ACR, but the dealer who took my AMG in on trade sold it for around $100K after it sat on the lot for nearly 6 months. Still on the fence on a GT3, but now everyone here has me considering the GT-R. Im also curious on what the incoming corvette ZR1 will do.....
I don't think I need to worry about depreciation on the GTR when my Gt3.1 has taken a 45,000 euro (USD53,000) hit in the last 12 months. In Europe right now, you cannot sell a GT3.1 unless it is a rock bottom price. There are over 100 for listed for sale so it's a buyers market all of who can now afford to be choosy. I have had mine on sale for 3 months at a very reasonable price with only one semi serious bite. Bizarrely, my GTS 4 cab of the same year and almost the same MSRP is now worth more.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I don't think I need to worry about depreciation on the GTR when my Gt3.1 has taken a 45,000 euro (USD53,000) hit in the last 12 months. In Europe right now, you cannot sell a GT3.1 unless it is a rock bottom price. There are over 100 for listed for sale so it's a buyers market all of who can now afford to be choosy. I have had mine on sale for 3 months at a very reasonable price with only one semi serious bite. Bizarrely, my GTS 4 cab of the same year and almost the same MSRP is now worth more.
Wow, very different from the US market!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:59 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
Wow, very different from the US market!

Oh don't worry, its going to happen there too.

How many of 450+ GT3.2s that are about to be delivered are going to existing owners GT3.1 I wonder. Expect hundreds of GT3.1s to pour onto the market in the coming 6 months. It will turn very solidly from a sellers to a buyers market.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:08 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

[QUOTE=GT3RS-Fan1;14528965][COLOR="Blue"]If anyone looking for cheap thrills, just wait a few more months as the resale of the AMG GT-R is bound like its recent predecessors to take a steep depreciation LOL.

Your future predictions are as always awful. AMG GTRs are in high demand and there are very few builds left for all of 2018 in US and ROW. Your worst nightmare is real

You also predicted that it would be a cosmetic car. After preliminary track times, it beats all Porsche’s GTs at the ring and Hockenheim, including 918 ( although that’s probably a stretch).
Old 10-19-2017, 08:34 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Keep on dreaming Quack Outlaw. The best AMG you can afford is a Base AMG GT, so I suppose that is all about you know, as an AMG fan boy.

Plus you NEVER OWNED a PORSCHE, a REAL car compared to your BASE AMG GT. Who buys BASE AMG GT other than wannabes and exactly like you.

Now enjoy your base AMG GT and when you have the money to beef it up or afford to buy the AMG GT-R, then maybe, just maybe you can race my Viper ACR as I need a car like your base AMG GT to mop the skid marks I put ion the track.

High demand or are you HIGH on something? ROTFLMAO! Give it about a year and if I need a ship anchor, I will buy an AMG car and it will serve its purpose.

By the way what car HOLDS the NURBURGRING RECORD as of now? Ahem, ahem , ahem PORSCHE GT2RS. There you have it boy!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=Outlaw;14546759]
Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
[COLOR="Blue"]If anyone looking for cheap thrills, just wait a few more months as the resale of the AMG GT-R is bound like its recent predecessors to take a steep depreciation LOL.

Your future predictions are as always awful. AMG GTRs are in high demand and there are very few builds left for all of 2018 in US and ROW. Your worst nightmare is real

You also predicted that it would be a cosmetic car. After preliminary track times, it beats all Porsche’s GTs at the ring and Hockenheim, including 918 ( although that’s probably a stretch).
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Outlaw
Pro

[QUOTE=GT3RS-Fan1;14546919]Keep on dreaming Quack Outlaw. The best AMG you can afford is a Base AMG GT, so I suppose that is all about you know, as an AMG fan boy.

Plus you NEVER OWNED a PORSCHE, a REAL car compared to your BASE AMG GT. Who buys BASE AMG GT other than wannabes and exactly like you.

Now enjoy your base AMG GT and when you have the money to beef it up or afford to buy the AMG GT-R, then maybe, just maybe you can race my Viper ACR as I need a car like your base AMG GT to mop the skid marks I put ion the track.

By the way what car HOLDS the NURBURGRING RECORD as of now? Ahem, ahem , ahem PORSCHE GT2RS. There you have it boy!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Your a broken record man.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:43 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

It is not broken, I just like to play with you as a you are a conceited and disillusioned base AMG GT owner. Your favorite TV show would have been "Fantasy Island" as you truly believe your base AMG GT is the best car (ship anchor) in the world. Go back to your forum and enjoy the overheat and depreciation of your base AMG GT. ROTFLMAO.

Buy the REAL CAR, a PORSCHE so you wouldn't be disillusioned.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

[QUOTE=Outlaw;14546925]
Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Keep on dreaming Quack Outlaw. The best AMG you can afford is a Base AMG GT, so I suppose that is all about you know, as an AMG fan boy.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Your a broken record man.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Outlaw
Pro

[QUOTE=GT3RS-Fan1;14546935]It is not broken, I just like to play with you as a you are a conceited and disillusioned base AMG GT owner. Your favorite TV show would have been "Fantasy Island" as you truly believe your base AMG GT is the best car (ship anchor) in the world. Go back to your forum and enjoy the overheat and depreciation of your base AMG GT. ROTFLMAO.

Buy the REAL CAR, a PORSCHE so you wouldn't be disillusioned.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

You get off pretty easy eh? Bra and panties do it ?

Reality is my GT would tear your 911R up in a 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile and stay with or beat you on any road course. So F off man.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

Alright Francis- everyone lighten up
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

I'm cool. I just have NOT forgotten how Quack Outlaw BASHED the 991.1 2014 GT3 with the initial engine fires. I can understand if he was pi$$ed if he owned one of those cars. Well he NEVER owned even an entry level PORSCHE. Then he published at MBWorld and AMG PL (Private Lounge - for AMG owners only), posts and pictures and what really got me was his mockery of the 991.1 GT3 catching fire!

Needless to say I did not appreciate that. He is known as:
RennList = Outlaw
MBWorld = AMG 17GT
AMG PL = ROMEOE55

Thanks to the COG group who worked with PORSCHE management and extended the engine components warranty through 10 years or 100K miles which is unheard of and proof that our PORSCHE cars are highly desirable and durable unlike AMG. BTW I still own and have my AMG Edition-507. Yes and that is probably the last AMG I will own as Mercedes Benz is very busy making POSER cars as of late ***ring the brand by sticking AMG decals on ECU tuned Mercedes Benz cars.

At least now you know why I get frustrated with his postings. If he owns a PORSCHE then I can respect and understand his "Bickering." But he DOES NOT OWN a PORSCHE then, and now. I rest my case your honor.

All he is good for is TALK and BICKER. So why don't we race title for title so you and I can settle or you are just all TALK. I get it. Now I'm cool you are just that. TALK, otherwise known as "Keyboard Warrior." ROTFLMAO.

Let me go to the garage and smell my PORSCHES. You are just a WASTE of space on earth! LOL!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Alright Francis- everyone lighten up
Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Ritesh
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I came to this thread thinking people were talking about GTR"s and instead its turned into a flame war. Please grow up gentlemen or else bash each other on PM.

FYI: Those of you talking about GT3/AMG depreciation have never owned a McLaren. Owing a Mac will make everything else seem like a Honda from a Reliability and resale standpoint.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Outlaw
Pro

Originally Posted by Ritesh
I came to this thread thinking people were talking about GTR"s and instead its turned into a flame war. Please grow up gentlemen or else bash each other on PM.

FYI: Those of you talking about GT3/AMG depreciation have never owned a McLaren. Owing a Mac will make everything else seem like a Honda from a Reliability and resale standpoint.
This is an AMG thread and yes I own one. Solid car and ridiculously fast.

While i respect Porsche, weary of fan boy crap and how his 911 r is so special. It reminds me of reading about speakers on an audiophile site. And how the cables that are $1000 apiece are “transparent “ etc.

Perception and reality are inherently different. Most of you realize that this GTR is an extension of the only hand built car by AMGs SLS. This is not a badge affair, and the car is real and deserves a serious drive. I’m in on a black series and I’m looking forward to that evolution.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:01 AM
Outlaw
Pro

BTW

If anyone has any queries about this car, I’m sure I can find an answer.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:18 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

So here you go while this is an AMG thread on a PORSCHE forum, you talk about "BRA and PANTIES."

You are without a doubt Mr. Quack Outlaw a bonafde, You put no value in this AMG thread other than convincing me you are a true TROLL and Keyboard Warrior.

I better go to my garage now, smell my PORSCHES and go out for an evening spin on one of my choice PORSCHE GT cars. You are wasting space occupying space here on earth.

Go out and enjoy your base AMG GT which you glorify so much. It is indeed a nice "ship Anchor", the best I've ever seen.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw

You get off pretty easy eh? Bra and panties do it ?

Reality is my GT would tear your 911R up in a 1/4 mile and 1/2 mile and stay with or beat you on any road course. So F off man.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:33 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 254 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
This is an AMG thread and yes I own one. Solid car and ridiculously fast.

While i respect Porsche, weary of fan boy crap and how his 911 r is so special. It reminds me of reading about speakers on an audiophile site. And how the cables that are $1000 apiece are “transparent “ etc.

Perception and reality are inherently different. Most of you realize that this GTR is an extension of the only hand built car by AMGs SLS. This is not a badge affair, and the car is real and deserves a serious drive. I’m in on a black series and I’m looking forward to that evolution.
Bud how about you just not post here.. Fan Boy crap? why are you constantly on this forum?
So what if he talks about his R? You jealous?. 'cus it sure does seem like those who hate on the R, were scorned when they weren't deemed "worthy" by PAG/PCNA/Whoever..

GT3RS-Fan1 - seems like he has a deep passion for porsche and auto's, and I can respect that. while you come off as a hater who is just here to challenge people and stir the pot.

Bugger off your polluting OP's thread.

Quick Reply: OT: AMG GT R