Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:14 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
More GT cars are coming than anyone thinks possible.
And, IMO, the reason for that is, in North America (NA), GT cars are the only two seater sports cars Porsche is selling. Customers want Porsche GT cars and that's all.

NA customers do not want Caymans. They do not want Boxsters. They do not want "standard" 911's. Check the annual sales figures on these cars and you'll see the trend is down, very down. The decline started several years ago. I think the only reason 2017 911 sales look decent is that GT3 car sales are included. I suspect the "used" GT3s with 18 miles on them you see advertised by dealers lately are, in part, meant to boost the 911 end year sales number to a PR point at least worth mentioning- in effect, non-sold sales.

Zuffenhausen is the sole factory for all Porsche two seater cars, Boxster, Cayman, 911 and GT cars. It's not too hard to see that if you eliminate Boxster, Cayman and 911's from that production line, Zuffenhasen goes peddle to the metal producing GT cars.

And why not, with a bunch of options added, those cars are eye popping money makers. Not only for for Porsche but for the dealers - who, themselves, are stuck with a lot of Boxster,s, Cayman's, and 911s they have to discount to sell.

That's how I see it.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

140k for PTS sounds reasonable. I doubt you will find a PTS GT2 RS for sale in the near future for under 100k. No one knows how many GT2 RS will be made for sure not as many as the GT3 RS.1
Life too short to wait for prices to drop or not its 50/50 chance
Old 01-07-2018, 10:51 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,726 Likes on 5,123 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful.

I have indeed decided to wait ... this is a car I earnestly desire are than any other on the market today but without the need to be the first one to have one, so I am happy to wait for one if you guys think that it's going to play out similarly to the 991.1 3RS situation

It is unlikely that my small dealership will get an allocation for one, but hopefully markups will become more reasonable once the VIPs and early avocations have been taken care of.

It boggles the mind that these are the sort of concerns one has to deal with on a $350k vehicle ... you'd think if you can afford one you should be able to buy one, but it is what it is. Between the GT3, GT2RS, and upcoming GT3RS, not to mention all the other 911 models I don't know how Porsche is going to make all these GT cars to satisfy all that demand before they retool for the 992. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope someone allows me spend my money on their car.
If it makes any difference to you, my friend just finalized a GT2 RS at 100k ADM. Delivery end of year (expected). So you might be able to negotiate down from 125k.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:51 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Thanks everyone, you've been really helpful.

I have indeed decided to wait ... this is a car I earnestly desire are than any other on the market today but without the need to be the first one to have one, so I am happy to wait for one if you guys think that it's going to play out similarly to the 991.1 3RS situation

It is unlikely that my small dealership will get an allocation for one, but hopefully markups will become more reasonable once the VIPs and early avocations have been taken care of.

It boggles the mind that these are the sort of concerns one has to deal with on a $350k vehicle ... you'd think if you can afford one you should be able to buy one, but it is what it is. Between the GT3, GT2RS, and upcoming GT3RS, not to mention all the other 911 models I don't know how Porsche is going to make all these GT cars to satisfy all that demand before they retool for the 992. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope someone allows me spend my money on their car.
This is inline with my thinking. There are so many cars that need to be produced. I don’t think the GT2 will be produced in big numbers, given the gt3, 3RS, GT4/RS?, Speedster and the 992 around the corner.

Just my $.02
Originally Posted by Derek RS
140k for PTS sounds reasonable. I doubt you will find a PTS GT2 RS for sale in the near future for under 100k. No one knows how many GT2 RS will be made for sure not as many as the GT3 RS.1
Life too short to wait for prices to drop or not its 50/50 chance
How much do you love the thought of speccing your car vs buying someone else’s? This would be a big consideration if I were you.

It’s your dream car. What is PTS worth to you (you said more than what they were asking)? What is speccing it worth to you? Deduct those numbers from the asking ADM and then make your final decision.

If you wait you also risk the chance of it being a short production run and prices go the other way. Unlikely, based on what others have said here, but possible.

I personally believe this will be the last proper turbo GT2 and having the ability to design your own is special. Going forward I see future GT2s being a hybrid/electric contraption.

Again, just my $.02

Old 01-08-2018, 03:48 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

So it is not only here in USA and Asia where these PORSCHE GT cars are selling over MSRP. In many parts of Asia, Australia, and in Europe these GT cars are more expensive than USA right out from the dealership. While this GT2RS is not "Numbered", I believe and as many others do, it will be "Limited" due to production capacity as other models (e.g., GT3, GT3RS, GT4 GT4RS?, etc.,) are all coming from a not so big production line compared to other car manufacturers. Historically GT2 model (i.e., 993, 996, 997, 991) cars are produced on average every five to six years which makes it rare and not so common.

A well spec'd 991 GT2RS with Weissach Package (WP) will be around US$350K. Maybe a lot of money compared to similar GT cars inclusive of other brands. Why is it at US$350K, this price sound a "bargain" for a GT2RS? Let's use the 918 Spyder which came out as a 2015 model at a base price of US$845K. If you include WP that is an additional US$84K, By the time you are all optioned in, you are near US$1M plus your sales tax base. How much is the Lamborghini Huracan Performante?

We all know the 991 GT2RS beat the 918 Spyder by ten full seconds at a third of the cost of the 918 Spyder. A flat-six, twin turbo, 3.8 liter engine, with rear wheel drive outguns its very own 918 Spyder and Lamborghini Huracan Performante, both of which are AWD cars. To me this is mind boggling how PORSCHE was able to do it. It is an amazing engineering achievement by PORSCHE. If speed is your need, wouldn't you agree at US$350K this is a bargain? After all it is the reigning "King of Nurburgring."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by frangt2rs
I don t understand why few people here say that there will be more gt2 rs compare to the demand... etc Here in France there were 5 gt2 rs for sale at 150 k € over msrp on internet and all have been sold... One guy proposed me 150 k over msrp and an other 200 k over msrp for my gt2rs.
And honestly I don t know why those guys are paying 150 ~ 200 k over msrp if Porsche will make so many cars 😂 They are really crazy...
Yes they will produce around 2000 cars but the demand is just hugeeeee. ( fastest Porsche, fastest car in the world on the track, certenly the last gt2 rs without electric help..... etc ).
Old 01-08-2018, 06:10 AM
JCO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Europe the prodution will be "Limited" of tree reasons as i hear:
1. The GT2 RS has certifications for "small series cars" and that means a maximum production of 1000 cars for EU in a year (not for ROW).
2. The engine will not pass the new EU regulations from 1. september 2018
3. The 992 is coming

I have one incoming at MSRP (with Norwegian high car taxes) in july. Production june, Factory Collection in july.
PTS Viper green with Acid green stitching and WP.

Last edited by JCO; 01-08-2018 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:46 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Does anybody knows what the process and cost for Porsche to keep your car in their facilities until the pick up ?
Old 01-08-2018, 07:48 AM
JCO
Instructor

Do you mean Factory Collection in Leipzig or Zuffenhausen?
Old 01-08-2018, 07:51 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Zuffenhausen
Old 01-08-2018, 07:57 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Without a doubt it will be "Limited." Some say 3,000 copies worldwide. That number is ambitious. A few things here. Some of the allocation that goes to USA now goes to China. With all the other variants of PORSCHE (e.g., 991.2 GT3, 991.2 GT3RS, 718 GT4, etc.,) can PORSCHE really produce 3,000 copies worldwide? Then we all know the production line has shifted in preparation for the Mission-E. Initially I was informed there will be two models that will be launched/produced initially. That Mission-E will affect the production of GT cars isn't it, as it has used current facilities to cater to the soon to be Mission-E. We would wish PORSCHE would make demand minus one, but realistically, just not possible. My guesstimate around 700 copies reaching the USA.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by JCO
1. The GT2 RS has certifications for "small series cars" and that means a maximum production of 1000 cars for EU in a year (not for ROW).
3. The 992 is coming

I have one incoming at MSRP (with Norwegian high car taxes) in july. Production june, Factory Collection in july.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 01-08-2018 at 08:04 AM. Reason: typo correction
Old 01-08-2018, 07:59 AM
JCO
Instructor

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Zuffenhausen
Factory Collection is a choice in the option list when you order. Think it is about 1100 - 1500 Euro but my dealer takes that cost because they will not have tho transport the car to the country and clean it up for delivery. Different price and experience between Zuffenhausen and Leipzig.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Ahah my dealer normal price for transportation is around 2.4K€ then pick up is what you said BUT my dealer doesnt remove that cost

But my question was more... You car is ready but you cant go and pick it up... i heard that Porsche will charge you for this "parking" ? just was curious about what is the business model attached !
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on your PTS GT2RS. A friend of mine configured his car similar to your car although a different shade of green. It will be a "Stunning" car in terms of performance and looks!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by JCO
3. The 992 is coming

Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 AM
JCO
Instructor

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Ahah my dealer normal price for transportation is around 2.4K€ then pick up is what you said BUT my dealer doesnt remove that cost

But my question was more... You car is ready but you cant go and pick it up... i heard that Porsche will charge you for this "parking" ? just was curious about what is the business model attached !
Hi!
I dont know about any parking costs. I got a date for Factory Delivery and traveled there to pick it up.
Only thing I had to pay was the travel, hotel and exportplates incl Insurance.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 AM
JCO
Instructor

....and the experts argues about what AP really said!
1000 for europe and 1000 for ROW and USA
or
1000 for europe, 1000 for ROW and 1000 for USA.
Only AP knows for sure!

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS