Old 04-21-2018, 02:54 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

Old 04-21-2018, 03:33 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts

GT2 Disappearing act ..........................
Old 04-21-2018, 03:39 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Wow that thing was gone
Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Gone in a matter of seconds.

Now you see it, then it is gone.

"PORSCHE, there is no substitute."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 04-21-2018, 09:37 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Coincidently the day I saw the ring time for the GT3 RS. Later the same day I had a dealer call to say hey an incoming GT2RS full spec was available.. interested ? Said no, for a few different reasons, but got me thinking. A NA / Gt3RS, as close in performance to the GT2... i know its the biggest and baddest etc, but you would have to think the GT3 RS is the pick of the performance line up atm wouldn't you.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:49 AM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Coincidently the day I saw the ring time for the GT3 RS. Later the same day I had a dealer call to say hey an incoming GT2RS full spec was available.. interested ? Said no, for a few different reasons, but got me thinking. A NA / Gt3RS, as close in performance to the GT2... i know its the biggest and baddest etc, but you would have to think the GT3 RS is the pick of the performance line up atm wouldn't you.
No.

Its a street car and on the street, it’s twice the car. Power is important on the street.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:42 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Both the GT2RS and GT3RS are simply amazing GT cars for the lap records they both produced at Nurburgring.

Just imagine into the future when Porsche uses this 4.0 liter engine and drops the twin turbo they used on the current GT2RS, what kind of lap time that will produce.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

I'd say yes simply because it is still "Naturally Aspirated." For now, other car manufacturers cannot do what these GT2RS and GT3RS have by far accomplished at Nurburgring.

Currently PORSCHE owns Nurburgring hands down.

Originally Posted by CHADW
No.
Its a street car and on the street, it’s twice the car. Power is important on the street.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:21 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 282 Posts

A NA / Gt3RS, as close in performance to the GT2... i know its the biggest and baddest etc, but you would have to think the GT3 RS is the pick of the performance line up atm wouldn't you.
Pick your poison, under or over-powered?

The 3’s sprung identically to the 2, but the chassis appears easier to exploit (or the damping has improved)? Comparing the two record ‘ring laps there are places the 3 is carrying 20+ kph over the 2 mid-corner due to ***** and/ or high speed confidence. The 2 meanwhile rockets out of corners like it’s in fast-forward. It has a solid 30 kph advantage on the second half of many of the long straights, though it’s then hard to avoid over-braking at the next tricky corner.

Nice to be in the tax bracket that has these options, but I’d say the 3 will be much easier for most drivers to get the most from. The 2 on the other hand will likely challenge anyone, with even pros leaving something on the table on trickier tracks. Both are appealing in different ways, but as much as I like normal aspiration I’d go for the challenge of the 2 if given the choice. In the 3 I’d probably wish for a manual, while in the 2 not so much- it looks like more than a handfull already.
Old 04-21-2018, 12:34 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb

Nice to be in the tax bracket that has these options, but I’d say the 3 will be much easier for most drivers to get the most from. The 2 on the other hand will likely challenge anyone, with even pros leaving something on the table on trickier tracks. Both are appealing in different ways, but as much as I like normal aspiration I’d go for the challenge of the 2 if given the choice. In the 3 I’d probably wish for a manual, while in the 2 not so much- it looks like more than a handfull already.
I would agree with most of that but the sheer power of the 2 can cover up a lot of inadequacies especially at altitude. With that much power you can make a lot of mistakes and still overcome them. I was also looking at the side pods on the wing of the 3 RS vs the 2 and they do appear to be different, more dimension above the wing than below. Maybe these cars are more different than Porsche is letting on. I always feel more confident in a NA car but the power of the Turbo just obliterates seconds. I'm sure at the edge the 2, is more of a hand full but I still think the lack of power will force most to work the 3 harder and thus hit the edge easier. My .1 would bite you if you were ham fisted with her and the new chassis and suspension may just make this car that much better, it wll be really fun finding out in the fall!
Old 04-21-2018, 12:54 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 93 Posts

We are definitely living in the golden age of horsepower when 520 strong hp is modest (per Porsche in relation to its ring time) and under-powered relative to a lot of the competition.

I remember working hard in school and hoping there would be a car worth buying when I got older and could afford something cool. I was afraid it would only be electric pieces of crap and economy cars due to emissions and fuel efficiency. Glad that turned out to be a lot of worry for nothing.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:07 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

And the 2 will likely make the more enjoyable street car due to its prodigious torque, which is more readily accessed on the street vs the 9k scream of the 3.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:14 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 3’s sprung identically to the 2, but the chassis appears easier to exploit (or the damping has improved)? Comparing the two record ‘ring laps there are places the 3 is carrying 20+ kph over the 2 mid-corner due to ***** and/ or high speed confidence. The 2 meanwhile rockets out of corners like it’s in fast-forward. It has a solid 30 kph advantage on the second half of many of the long straights, though it’s then hard to avoid over-braking at the next tricky corner.

One car is running a Cup2 R vs another on the N2 tyre? the 2rs is only a little bit (less than 50kg) heavier, with the new tyre there's no way the 3rs is going to have the same 20+kph corner speed over the 2 to be honest.
Old 04-21-2018, 01:55 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by isv
One car is running a Cup2 R vs another on the N2 tyre? the 2rs is only a little bit (less than 50kg) heavier, with the new tyre there's no way the 3rs is going to have the same 20+kph corner speed over the 2 to be honest.
As I said. This is not down to the tire- mid corner speeds were in most cases very similar.

Old 04-21-2018, 01:59 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nizer
And the 2 will likely make the more enjoyable street car due to its prodigious torque, which is more readily accessed on the street vs the 9k scream of the 3.
On a freeway I agree. On a back road I’d bet on it being less enjoyable- they are both too damn fast, but the 2 is way too damn fast and adds lag. I’d probably go with the screamer, though it’d flip as the road opens up. Guess only of course...
Old 04-21-2018, 02:05 PM
frangt2rs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh ****...

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS