Sponsored by:

991 GT2RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 12:15 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
The only thing I see that can fix it, is either go black, or polish the carbon hood and then put the protection materials again (if one wants the exposed carbon), get a normal carbon hood, or just wrap it.

What was Porsche thinking? On providing a slight ugly version of the car in a pretty good value package so people have a desire for the other non-wp package, so they don't have to make so many titanium and magnesium wheels and make the 'flex' money happy by saving them some bucks trying to make stupid color schemes? They could just add exclusive colors or a side stripe.
You will still have the roof stripes, even if you sort the hood. seems like too much effort, to spend more cash!

i did ask Porsche Exclusive (CXX) about a Weissach spec car in the standard colour scheme (no stripes), but it doesn't seem to be possible.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
in the US we cant get either.
Us folks in US get the best of both worlds, no clubsport option and we get the pleasure of dealer ADMs. A double fail!
Old 10-17-2017, 02:02 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
A little note, that I only now saw, the weissach package cage in titanium can't have the extension cage in the front, neither is the titanium cage FIA approved.
Is the lack of the FIA approval on the Ti cage simply due to Porsche not submitting one for crash testing (or perhaps due to not having the front cage section) rather than it being less structurally effective comparing rear cages only? It would be somewhat peculiar if the Ti cage was really inferior...
Old 10-17-2017, 02:02 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 245 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Newton
I have a gt2rs build allocation available for sale if anyone is interested shoot me an email jamesmichaelnewton@gmail.com
Wow that's awesome.. Which dealer?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Us folks in US get the best of both worlds, no clubsport option and we get the pleasure of dealer ADMs. A double fail!
What does “ADM” mean? Sorry, I’m new.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:21 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pointbye
What does “ADM” mean? Sorry, I’m new.
Additional Dealer Markup
Old 10-17-2017, 04:32 PM
mariusl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Footsoldier
That's what I would do as well, though personally can't get on with the looks of the WP. I know a lot of people prefer it, so you have a good spec there.
I also prefered the look of the non-wp car, until my wife pointed out the car looked unfinished with black hood (specced miami blue). Spec locks in about 2 weeks - think only black car works with non wp.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Asco
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Newton
I have a gt2rs build allocation available for sale if anyone is interested shoot me an email jamesmichaelnewton@gmail.com
Let the games begin...
Old 10-17-2017, 06:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,974 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by mariusl
I also prefered the look of the non-wp car, until my wife pointed out the car looked unfinished with black hood (specced miami blue). Spec locks in about 2 weeks - think only black car works with non wp.
There is a really nice continuity between the roof and the hood with the WP car. Additionally, the paint scheme on the hood with the WP car follows the character lines of the sheetmetal. The normal GT2RS reminds me a lot of Japanese modded cars with carbon hoods plunked on them. In the context of the price of this car, the Wp seems appropriately priced.. (in the context of real world of course it’s a rip off).

However, if/when one goes to sell, while the WP won’t probably pay for itself, the Wp cars will be much more desirable.. the non-WP will have to get comparatively discounted in order to move.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:47 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
Is the lack of the FIA approval on the Ti cage simply due to Porsche not submitting one for crash testing (or perhaps due to not having the front cage section) rather than it being less structurally effective comparing rear cages only? It would be somewhat peculiar if the Ti cage was really inferior...
I have no idea, neither I do know FIA standards for approval, neither the category the street cars roll cage fall into, but Akrapovic has an FIA approved titanium roll cage with front extensions, so either Porsche entered a time constraint developing the front extensions (I suspect these might be needed for FIA approving), or they just didn't submit it (weird), or it wasn't passed by FIA for some reason, maybe some new rule from FIA.

I don't know, to be honest, even tho I trust Porsche, I trust more FIA, this is a very niche problem inside a niche car, but some people do run their cars very hard and nothing better than at least an approved roll cage with the front extensions.

At the end of the day, most people run their cars on track without even half a roll cage, here in europe, pretty much everyone run their gt3 and gt2 with half a roll cage, if that, I don't remember someone dying in a gt3 with half a cage, so it probably won't be a problem.

Just a weird thing and a 'hassle' for those 5-10 crazy dudes running their gt2rs in Porsche sportscup.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:01 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Originally Posted by consolidated
Additional Dealer Markup
Okay, thank you. Depending on the car, I'd be willing to pay more than MSRP. Same thing on the preowned market.
Old 10-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,867 Likes on 967 Posts

don't have any problems with the stripes...
Attached Images   
Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,020 Likes on 2,291 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
don't have any problems with the stripes...
I don't have a problem with the stripes either but I do have a problem with the ADMs.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:52 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

I don't have a problem with the stripes either but I do have a problem with the ADMs.
Me too
Old 10-17-2017, 11:34 PM
Pointbye
Instructor

Can you explain why it’s different on a new car va a pre owned car? Do all dealers add the “ADM”?

Quick Reply: 991 GT2RS