Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW M4 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:18 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Sorry but its gone, but that cars was special. First time I drove it the induction noise did sing, man I thought I was In a racecar. The few that did understand how god CSL was they was also lucky to get One.

Most did at the time think CSL was to much dollars vs normal m3, they could not understand and would talk it down like it was not worth it. Man they was wrong, finaly even them did understand how great it was. We who owned it always know. Same same with M4 GTS👍

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Wow!! You lucky bastard - please tell me you still have that car.

[I]This is my normal drivingstyle on Nurburgring when wet. This is section after anfhart swalbenchwanz, next in front kliner karusell (small karusell). Fun thing, this pic is taken by my friend jochen @frozenspeed.

And some One happend to put it (a copy) up inside restaurant pinoccio down in adenau @nurburgring inside the bathroom. I hade no idé about this, but a friend who also is a regular at nur had a **** and send me😆. Thats what I screen pic here. If liking CSL, have a pizza at pinoccio at adenau Nurburgring. If to many pints of beer, just have a **** and the wiew is CSL:-)

So when you take a **** you have something pretty to look at(or not, depending on what One think is pretty)

pic from inside my CSL, still have this same Old stand21 helmet when lappning my GT4. But car is gone. Due to I had a 1970 CSL (first CSL) artcar wrap(Alexander calder). Them M guys developing cars at nur even took my car in to their shop when got gearbox issue. I was there when they had my car on lift with my camera and big eyes😳. That dont happan so fun memory.

Last edited by Nur93; 04-17-2016 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:12 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The seats and the roll cage in the M4 GTS for the U.S. are different than ROW (ex. Canada).

At least that's what the nice gentlemen informed me at the LA Auto Show ...
Ipse do you know more about this?

Also, as others have asked, why is Canada not grouped with ROW for Porsche, ie. why can't one get the Porsche ClubSport package with roll cage in Canada then? Maybe this precedent opens the door a crack to get CS package up here now???
Old 04-17-2016, 02:22 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
Ipse do you know more about this?

Also, as others have asked, why is Canada not grouped with ROW for Porsche, ie. why can't one get the Porsche ClubSport package with roll cage in Canada then? Maybe this precedent opens the door a crack to get CS package up here now???
I've been told certain dealers can sell the ROW equipment for motorsports applications - so shell seats and fire extinguisher will be available, but no pricing yet. Cage is standard and coming, but it's supposedly not exactly the same as the ROW unit. I'm guessing it will not have harness attach points.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:23 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks ShakeNBake. Does that mean it's the racing harness that's at issue? Bizarre.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Its kind of funny this thing with BMW stock destilled water. What do we do when out? I guess normal tap water once in a while is no issu. But all time it will make problems

Mayber custom would ask question when we cross a border to another country :-)
Old 04-17-2016, 06:01 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I believe the M2 CSL is coming. As long as it's a proper 6MT, I'm a buyer. #1 on two dealers lists. Large size and wrong transmission are the only two factors that turned me off to the M4 GTS.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:28 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I believe the M2 CSL is coming. As long as it's a proper 6MT, I'm a buyer. #1 on two dealers lists. Large size and wrong transmission are the only two factors that turned me off to the M4 GTS.
M3 is only 10" longer a 1" wider, and weighs 90lbs more. No much to write home about.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:27 AM
FORENN
Banned

M3 is only 10" longer a 1" wider, and weighs 90lbs more. No much to write home about.
*Only* 10" longer?? When I first saw the new M3, I actually mistook it for an M5.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:35 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Last edited by ShakeNBake; 04-19-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:37 PM
FORENN
Banned

Is that your GTS, Shake? Pretty cool.

I would like to spend some devoted time in an F8x M3/M4 and get a better feel for it.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:49 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Is that your GTS, Shake? Pretty cool.

I would like to spend some devoted time in an F8x M3/M4 and get a better feel for it.
NOOOOO, I wish. I think that must be a journalist - and a good driver at that. The vids are starting to roll in. I got my voucher today that gives me the opportunity to buy one, but no idea when it would be delivered at this point. I'm really torn if I'd make it my track car or not...there are people already starting to peealloverthemselves and throwing out insane offers. It will probably be the most sought after BMW in a long long long time, until they make another special edition car and bring it here....
Old 04-19-2016, 11:40 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

NOOOOO, The vids are starting to roll in. I got my voucher today that gives me the opportunity to buy one, but no idea when it would be delivered at this point.
J. So cool, congrats. I like the whatever it takes spirit of the car...need downforce, bolt on wing & spatula splitter, paint orange, don't care what it looks like.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:45 PM
FORENN
Banned

NOOOOO, I wish. I think that must be a journalist - and a good driver at that. The vids are starting to roll in. I got my voucher today that gives me the opportunity to buy one, but no idea when it would be delivered at this point. I'm really torn if I'd make it my track car or not...there are people already starting to peealloverthemselves and throwing out insane offers. It will probably be the most sought after BMW in a long long long time, until they make another special edition car and bring it here....
If you are offered it at MSRP, I can't imagine why you wouldn't take it and at least see how you like it. You can't lose. As for future special edition Ms, I am counting on the M2 CSL. Hoping for a proper Getrag 6MT instead of DCT, and if so, I'll have one. Congrats on the GTS!
Old 04-20-2016, 02:52 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 193 Posts

... but no idea when it would be delivered at this point. ..
first BUY IT!

all the GTS will be finished/finalized/kind of handcrafted in Garching (next to the M GmbH) - production start i guess is in around 2 weeks. some pre-models were already done.

here a pic from Switzerland:

the front-splitter can be used as spoiler enlargement it seems!

What i know the production will not go any longer than mid of July.

on 25.May at the BMW-Welt in MUC will be a huge GTS-delivery - i guess of around 30 or 50 pcs - i will be there too for drooling.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:24 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

As I understand the car is produced on normal way, but the last 10% of car is handbuilt?

First thing I do with my GTS is to lap Nurburgring, no bubblewrap go near my car. I hope most do. Like them CSL, them was always showing up on nur.

Quick Reply: BMW M4 GTS