Sponsored by:

RECALL on 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 11:41 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
Received a call from PCNA and then a note from my rep.
Good to hear , and P of W on top of it too !

Pat's very competent and knowledgeable mechanic
Old 12-12-2015, 11:49 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by signes
I called them based on info on RL when it sounded like 2916s were on the list. Wanted to do an early oil change anyway so worked out. Never received a note from PCNA.
signes,
the DBM is a rare build and a beauty , congrats on looking after her

sorry to hear it's all you , not very comforting, the non communication

from corporate and dealer ,
Old 12-12-2015, 12:29 PM
991 GT3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like ALL will be recalled in due time.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:53 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
signes, the DBM is a rare build and a beauty , congrats on looking after her sorry to hear it's all you , not very comforting, the non communication from corporate and dealer ,
Thanks RD, very happy with the color. Can't be many more DBM 2016s.

Dealer has actually been great all along, so assume I just got to them early. Looking forward to my first trip to 9k!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:00 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The recall doesn't concern me nearly as much as the plug change interval. How can a car company change this at our cost threatening loss of warranty? Seems like that would be a difficult position to push given the warranty and maintenance booklet in my car. When / if that comes up with my 2014, my response will be fine, but I shouldn't have to pay for that.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
The recall doesn't concern me nearly as much as the plug change interval. How can a car company change this at our cost threatening loss of warranty? Seems like that would be a difficult position to push given the warranty and maintenance booklet in my car. When / if that comes up with my 2014, my response will be fine, but I shouldn't have to pay for that.
I agree, Nick. Also, to date I've received no communication from Porsche or my dealership with regard to a change in the warranty requirements. When I contacted my dealer about whether my car qualified for the recall they said it didn't and despite having the perfect opportunity to do so, nothing was said about a change in the interval for plug changes on my 2014.

Has anyone been informed by their US dealer or Porsche that the warranty interval on plugs has actually changed from 24 months to 12?
Old 12-12-2015, 05:21 PM
991 GT3
Racer

Changed the rules after in print, I smell a lawsuit if engine damage comes into play. I haven't gotten any call from my dealer and I'm on mth 11. I called and of course not on recall list yet. Shouldn't that be a couple conversation topic since I asked about it and he can see how long I've owned it? Porsche is cheaping out on us...
Old 12-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Birel22
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took delivery of my '16 Monday (Oct build) and spoke with the techs about such. My VIN is currently not included and no service was performed while at the port. They merely echo what has been reported here and are adamant they too are in the dark beyond understanding that a run of plugs could be subject to insulator failure. They do not have an explanation for the flash.......

The 15 miles to the detailer were exhilarating nonetheless. Looking forward to many trouble free miles ahead...
Old 12-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Birel22
I took delivery of my '16 Monday (Oct build) and spoke with the techs about such. My VIN is currently not included and no service was performed while at the port. They merely echo what has been reported here and are adamant they too are in the dark beyond understanding that a run of plugs could be subject to insulator failure. They do not have an explanation for the flash....... The 15 miles to the detailer were exhilarating nonetheless. Looking forward to many trouble free miles ahead...
My plugs get change when the car had its two year service in a few weeks as per the maintenance guide (24 months).

Can someone actually post a screen shot or real life document from Porsche confirming the plug interval has changed because right now I'm hearing nothing from my dealer...
Old 12-12-2015, 06:07 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
My plugs get change when the car had its two year service in a few weeks as per the maintenance guide (24 months).

Can someone actually post a screen shot or real life document from Porsche confirming the plug interval has changed because right now I'm hearing nothing from my dealer...
Ditto
for PCNA market
Old 12-12-2015, 06:15 PM
MoeGt3
Racer

Im gonna be really salty if PAG is just having us guys in the Middle East have them changed on 12 months intervals only! This is either bad communication on their end with other dealers around the world or another reason to make some extra cash from us, by using our warranty against us.. Only time will tell and we will know what is exactly going on.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:50 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

I just picked up my NEW (oct build) 16 GT3 today. Drove 45 miles and car went into some kind of limp mode. No indication on dash of any warning message and all running parameters were good. Car would stumble starting out and would only accelerate slowly in 1st and 2nd. In third it would start to pull better. What do you guy's think?

Going back to Dealer Monday AM. Hope it's a simple fix. Allan
Old 12-12-2015, 08:52 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
I just picked up my NEW (oct build) 16 GT3 today. Drove 45 miles and car went into some kind of limp mode. No indication on dash of any warning message and all running parameters were good. Car would stumble starting out and would only accelerate slowly in 1st and 2nd. In third it would start to pull better. What do you guy's think?

Allan, I hate to say it but I think it's the color of the car.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:55 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by allans

Allan,,
wow sorry to hear this for you of all folks
my first guess some fuel problem
Hopefully sorted promptly Monday
Old 12-12-2015, 08:56 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

^^^ You mean it is HOT !!!

Quick Reply: RECALL on 991 GT3