Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Like this one, I would love to add it to my garage. Talk about street legal race car.

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Pors..._11&w=3&last=1

Me2!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:33 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Ok, the 918 owner replied. He hasn't heard anything from his dealer yet on the car. I told him they won't know any specifics about it and if can get one until March.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:29 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello ustrojanGT3,

Did your 918 owner tell you how much he wants you to pay over MSRP?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-26-2016, 06:35 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
R or RS or whatever limited lwt cars. ppl buy them only bc it's limited
i see many ppl here on this thread discuss WEIGHT.
pls... guys, look at RS orders, most have ac, led lights, leaterh up to wazoo, fake and self peeling CF interior trim, front lift, radio, gps. all of those are not needed. engine, gearbox, lsd, steering wheel, and maybe a seat and belts. that's all
if you are really into it.
if you cant make onto your drive way, hit the damn lip or just move to a new house.
ac, take your shirt off. show off the pec and abs
radio, what are you listening to? presidential debate joke or do you enjoy hearing another major city got blown out by isis? the less you hear the better it will be.
gps? hell i get lost driving to work every other morning. u may think i am kidding. but i am not. so what, you are lost, keep on driving when you run out of fuel call the wife. i do that all the time. no prob.. i drove from T Hill race way home (i need to go south), i noticed i was off when i saw signs that said OREGON border. that didn't bother me one bit.

so until you delete all these options, why are you all so concerned with the LE, special, purist car?
Mooty, one of your top 5 posts ever. Don't ask me what the other 4 are, I can't remember.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:16 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts
Wink

^^You can t remember the other 4 BC any new post goes straight into the hit parade
Old 01-26-2016, 07:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,986 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello ustrojanGT3,

Did your 918 owner tell you how much he wants you to pay over MSRP?

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I hope he doesn't consult with his dealer's GM to get input.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:26 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

Mooty, is of course 100 percent correct as always.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:31 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Mooty, is of course 100 percent correct as always.
Yes but what if I already have 964 RSA and GT4 and 4.0?

Help mooty i want an R!!
Old 01-26-2016, 07:45 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I hope he doesn't consult with his dealer's GM to get input.
ROTFLMAO!

Buy him/her some "blinders" to get it as low as MSRP. NO coffee please

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 01-26-2016, 08:15 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Help mooty i want an R!!
You can probably get an R. Question is how much?
The only people getting R's at MSRP will be early 918 buyers.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:57 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 956 Posts

Help mooty i want an R!!
Buy a Porsche dealership.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:04 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Buy a Porsche dealership.
Sure I'm on the list lol
Old 01-26-2016, 09:13 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
R or RS or whatever limited lwt cars. ppl buy them only bc it's limited
i see many ppl here on this thread discuss WEIGHT.
pls... guys, look at RS orders, most have ac, led lights, leaterh up to wazoo, fake and self peeling CF interior trim, front lift, radio, gps. all of those are not needed. engine, gearbox, lsd, steering wheel, and maybe a seat and belts. that's all
if you are really into it.
if you cant make onto your drive way, hit the damn lip or just move to a new house.
ac, take your shirt off. show off the pec and abs
radio, what are you listening to? presidential debate joke or do you enjoy hearing another major city got blown out by isis? the less you hear the better it will be.
gps? hell i get lost driving to work every other morning. u may think i am kidding. but i am not. so what, you are lost, keep on driving when you run out of fuel call the wife. i do that all the time. no prob.. i drove from T Hill race way home (i need to go south), i noticed i was off when i saw signs that said OREGON border. that didn't bother me one bit.

so until you delete all these options, why are you all so concerned with the LE, special, purist car?
oh, you must not be talking to me. my 991 GT3 RS is officially the lightest car they ever produced on the assembly line. not only because I ordered it without AC and radio since I am sure others have as well, but also because factory forgot to put Porsche Crest on the hood adding a few grams of weight saving to the build

interior shot of my mr. purple:

Old 01-27-2016, 02:41 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,544 Likes on 5,066 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
oh, you must not be talking to me. my 991 GT3 RS is officially the lightest car they ever produced on the assembly line. not only because I ordered it without AC and radio since I am sure others have as well, but also because factory forgot to put Porsche Crest on the hood adding a few grams of weight saving to the build

interior shot of my mr. purple:

Wait. You let them leave on the red "- M +" lettering?

Amateur.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:57 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,631 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
We all have different interest but I have to agree with Mooty. The whole idea with RS is less is more.

I still hope they go bananas on the weight reduction on the R. It will help to shave cost for the next RS.
Wonder if it would effect sales if 991RS would be offered as no option car? No PTS and all the other stuff.
correct, less is more, no whining. just get in and drive. if you really want it right. swimmers dont go... fk, speedo too tight not fit... lose some wt. speedo are always that way.

u want to play for 49ers' but damn, i really like green bay helmet... well too bad.

the point is not the car. the point is IF "R" or "RS" is to be a purist car as what it's claimed to be, then let's focus. i dont know "R" yet, but i know "RS". i know the option list forward and backward, 90% of the option are neither here or there. you just dont need it.

alum colored pedals... yes, i always look at my versace as i mat the throttle.

fake CF parts. how many of you really seen truly high end CF parts. that's soemthing else, not the plastic with CF looking weave.. that doesnt do deadly squat.

deviating stitching... for crying out loud, what is wrong with just plain black.

is lava stitch really purer or faster than gray? maybe they are. but i am not that fast yet.

Originally Posted by wtdoom
I don't agree with this . I wish these cars were truly lightweight (like my old Brumos RSR for example ) but those days are long gone . These modern cars with airbags , electronics , safety regulations etc weigh so much anyway what's a few kg for air conditioning going to change ?
no offense taken and no offense meant you u. but i did'nt express my point clearly. it's not about deleting AC, radio, lift ,etc etc. i have AC, i dont have radio (not b/c wt saving, more bc the fugly interface distracts me).... i like the safety issues and i understand they added wt. that's fine. i rather be alive than dead if i head a deer. my point (a bit exaggerated of course) is that if one looks at how 90% of the RS are ordered. they are not pure at all. ppl get knickers twisted about color, about what "text" to put on personalized cf door sill that LIGHTS up. that's not helping with performance or safety... it's just senseless. but hey, that just one crazy nut's (me) opinion.

pccb for example, i am too cheap for that. but i understand their benefit and having that option is wonderful. same for lithion ion battery. lift, we can argue all day, but i am wiling to concede.

what i can't get over is leather edged floor mats. leather AC vent slats, lousy bose ear bleeder... really???

i am just saying that if a manufacturer wants to do a hardcore purist car with such low production number, why please everyone. just do it

Help mooty i want an R!!
hahahaha, all you need is your autograph and you can get an R
who's seinfeld again?

Originally Posted by anonymous918
dont take my bs literally. but i know you "get it"
now if you would just invite me over to your taj ma garage hall.....

Quick Reply: OT:911R