Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016 | 10:35 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Yeah, it's a nice big fat middle finger of pay to play.
But doesn't that just mean it's working as intended? If it sells more product overall, I would call the marketing model a success. Sure, people show up here and complain but the reality is in the sales data it's working.

I buy Porsche now when I need a car for whatever, might as well keep my chances of the limited run cars as high as possible. If I don't get a 911R, will that change? Probably not, because the cars are still better than other offerings out there and I go through the hassle of test driving the competition every time...
Old 01-24-2016 | 10:46 AM
Jimmy-D
Rennlist Member

Competition is getting tougher now. With the 570S, LP 580-2, and the new R8 they need to stay on their toes. I would say Porsche is certainly under attack and does not need to alienate their good Customers but embrace them and expand their base simultaneously. You see; this is where Porsche is weak. This is a different age and Porsche will need to be more communicative and friendlier to do business with. I will say this; when I had my R8 I felt that Audi rolled the red carpet out for me and was very impressed by the level of service/communication they provided.
Old 01-24-2016 | 11:17 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
If I don't get a 911R, will that change? Probably not, because the cars are still better than other offerings out there and I go through the hassle of test driving the competition every time...
Changed for me. I was interested in 991R as a nice daily-driver pairing to go with RS. The limited edition talk killed that. Instead I plan to pick up a Shelby GT350.

And I'm not the least bit worried about the current froth in the GT350 market. I know exactly how it will play out.....http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...Id=2102&rn=150
Old 01-24-2016 | 12:36 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wtdoom
Hilarious how all this anti limited edition talk is also coming from people who actually own the slightly less limited edition gt4 and gt3/rs models .
Is there a limit to how limited a limited edition must be in order to be bad ? Fantastic
all the people who want our cars to b limited can suck an egg, what kind of effed up world do u want to live in where u cant buy a car without essentially sucking a dick

bitter non GT3 RS owner because I don't believe in paying more than something is worth
Old 01-24-2016 | 12:48 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by dark knight
all the people who want our cars to b limited can suck an egg,
what kind of effed up world do u want to live in where u cant
buy a car without essentially sucking a dick
So, which of your two suggestions do you want to settle on for this exercise?

Or

We need more clarity in your posts...they are kind of vague!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 01-24-2016 | 01:13 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

I have to agree that all the limited edition stuff is overdone at the moment. Just look at Ferrari.

Laferrari
458 speciale
458 speciale aperte or whatever it's called

F12
F12 special edition so and so.

RS limited for the first time ever?

911R MT
911 "cup edition"?

Whats wrong with making it right the first time?

Oh well! On the other hand we are used to be able to choose from 4 different kind of cheese for our burgers. 😃😃😃
Old 01-24-2016 | 02:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Yes, but you can order the cheese without expecting them to say "sorry sir, the cheddar is for VIP only"
Old 01-24-2016 | 03:00 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
But doesn't that just mean it's working as intended? If it sells more product overall, I would call the marketing model a success. Sure, people show up here and complain but the reality is in the sales data it's working.

I buy Porsche now when I need a car for whatever, might as well keep my chances of the limited run cars as high as possible. If I don't get a 911R, will that change? Probably not, because the cars are still better than other offerings out there and I go through the hassle of test driving the competition every time...
That's you. When I replace my X5 this year it will be with a RR, and if/when I replace my MB sedan it will be with a Tesla. I have zero interest in Porsche SUVs and sedans. If Porsche won't sell me the sports car I want to replace my Lamborghini, I will keep it or go to McLaren. Or buy an old Porsche that will net the company zero profit.
Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Competition is getting tougher now. With the 570S, LP 580-2, and the new R8 they need to stay on their toes. I would say Porsche is certainly under attack and does not need to alienate their good Customers but embrace them and expand their base simultaneously. You see; this is where Porsche is weak. This is a different age and Porsche will need to be more communicative and friendlier to do business with. I will say this; when I had my R8 I felt that Audi rolled the red carpet out for me and was very impressed by the level of service/communication they provided.
Same with Lamborghini. I have been very unimpressed with Porsche on every level except for product. If they can't deliver that, I'm done.
what kind of effed up world do u want to live in where u cant buy a car without essentially sucking a dick
LOL exactly.
Old 01-24-2016 | 03:11 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Yes, but you can order the cheese without expecting them to say "sorry sir, the cheddar is for VIP only"
True,:thumbs:

Hopefully they keep producing 991rs until demand is satisfied. Such a great car so good if more people gets to enjoy it.
I might regret not accepting my R but just can't see it being any better than the RS.
Less is more when it comes to weight. To me more aero on a performance car is better.
But will be fun to see the final product.
Old 01-24-2016 | 03:27 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

all the people who want our cars to b limited can suck an egg, what kind of effed up world do u want to live in where u cant buy a car without essentially sucking a dick

bitter non GT3 RS owner because I don't believe in paying more than something is worth

If they won't make more of the cars that we want to buy it will catch up to them in due time.
Old 01-24-2016 | 03:36 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by poofyo101
If they won't make more of the cars that we want to buy it will catch up to them in due time.

Doubtful. This has been their process for a very long time.
Old 01-24-2016 | 03:47 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

How do you figure?
Old 01-24-2016 | 04:04 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

its like buying a Burger King Whopper, but while in line, you dont know if the mgmt will let someone cut in front of you, corporate may stop making the sandwich, the franchisee wont let you special order it without pickles, because they may want to sell it out from under you to someone who like pickles, you could get to the cashier and the franchisee may tell you they want more money than its worth, they might sell it to Justin Bieber instead, even if you have a contract they might ignore it. Or you could go to Mcdonalds and buy a Big Mac without a hassle, (Corvette) or eat at home…it sucks, much of the problem is with production and the franchisee, if only the mothership would see that they dont get a penny from the brokers and additional profit-they could kill theses people and create brand loyalty by increasing production
Old 01-24-2016 | 06:15 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Doubtful. This has been their process for a very long time.
To my understanding they have used the Demand - a few strategy, but with the new RS there is many many customers being left in the dark right now.
Old 01-24-2016 | 08:10 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

At the end of '11 run of RS's they had them sitting unsold in the showroom. I know cause I bought one.

Outside of this forum I wonder how much unsatisfied demand there really is.

I have zero desire for a 991R.

Quick Reply: OT:911R