Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016 | 09:20 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The answer is simple - they care more about their 918 Customers than the RS ones' that is why you will probably not even get a whiff at it if those rumored, production numbers, hold true. This car is for them - do not kid yourself. They made a deal with the devil when they they were getting embarrassed that they could not sell all their cars like Mclaren and Ferrari did in days. Hopefully they make these for them and then end their pact
This is my understanding...

918 owners who've kept their car greater than 3 years are given 10 years of VIP. Less than 3 years and greater than 6 months gets you 3 years of VIP. Less than 6 months of ownership gets you nothing.

So it's not a forever thing, but it will be around for a while - at least 2024.
Old 01-21-2016 | 09:40 AM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by CAlexio
These two solid numbers make the 550hp claim impossible:

-137hp/L.
->9000rpm

Never been done in the production car world.. Neither one.

This rumor, in the words of the artist formerly known as "less than 3mph".. Should be "repudiated"

Edit: this is the third time I've tried to enter the "less than" symbol in an attempt to make a joke which included mr "less than 3mph" and I can now see why he changed his name so I had to type out his whole name and the joke was lost. Oh well.

GT3 475/3.8 L = 125 HP Liter
GT3 RS 500/4.0 L = 125 HP Liter Incresed Stroke AND Reduced max RPM from 200 to 500 RPM less = same piston speed

550HP/4.4L = 125 HP Liter Increasing bore is
aame piston speed

why impossible?
What s not technically doable in this setup?

Not saying they will do but it s doable

Last edited by fxz; 01-21-2016 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-21-2016 | 10:19 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

why they should put 50hp more in a 991R compared with the RS!? Which has no aero and the GT3 (not RS) axle width as far as i know.

my guess:
1to1 3.8l GT3 engine
or detuned (approx. 480hp) 4.0 RS engine.

pricing is hard for me to guess. But if more than 1,5x the price of the RS --> it will be the last N/A.

and it will be 600pcs. (based on the pre-planning-sheet of a Porsche dealership)

they will offer fancy rims and color/sticker-schemes i guess.
Old 01-21-2016 | 11:10 AM
rave426
Rennlist Member

If that article is at all correct then we wont care if it doesn't get 500 hp. At 400 lbs less (which cant imagine) Its gonna feel faster than any previous GT3 even with 450 hp.

BTW for those worried about the pricing...its just Aussie conversion (currency/taxes). Here is a 2014 GT3 for $369k

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...12283198/?Cr=0
Old 01-21-2016 | 11:23 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fxz
550HP/4.4L = 125 HP Liter
why impossible? Increasing bore is also
aame piston speed
What s not technically doable in this setup?
While technically possible I would caution everyone to remember it isn't just a easy case of increasing bore in engine....will piston weight increase? Then what corresponding increased forces on crankshaft bearings, rods, etc all play a significant roll in this especially if considering the piston speeds we are speaking about. Point is as we all know there is a lot at play anytime you bump displacement with bore or stroke (or both) in a high revving engine.

I would also add that they are not planning on this car to just be a parts bin special edition as many speculated so buckle up for safety when it's released.

Last edited by sccchiii; 01-21-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2016 | 11:27 AM
<3mph
Drifting

I really can't claim to be an authority here, just gleaning bits I've read here and there, and passing them along. To be fair, the rumours on the German forum seem to centre on this being a detuned 4.0L engine with 460-480 hp. But I only was trying to point out that taking the 4.0L RS engine, and perhaps increasing displacement a little would be all that might be required, as per Petevb's quote in my previous post, to achieve 550 hp. If we are conceding NA is a dying breed, then whatever they'd left on the table in terms of maximum displacement and output, may be what we'll see in the final NA cars produced.

And I would think it would be no big deal to up the performance over the .1 RS, provided the next RS (assuming there is one) trumps that too--and that may be quite easy to do if it's a turbo.

As for my name change, yeah, it was getting to be a hassle with the "less than" symbol for sure. Sorry everyone. I asked the moderators to change it.
Originally Posted by CAlexio
This rumor, in the words of the artist formerly known as "less than 3mph".. Should be "repudiated"

Edit: this is the third time I've tried to enter the "less than" symbol in an attempt to make a joke which included mr "less than 3mph" and I can now see why he changed his name so I had to type out his whole name and the joke was lost. Oh well.
Unfortunately, it came out a little unwieldy, by spelling it all out. At least I didn't make it "lessthanthreemilesperhour" or "lessthanthreeempeeaitch"!!
Maybe I should have changed it to this instead???

Old 01-21-2016 | 11:37 AM
Metzeger
Pro

This car seems to be special for sure... I think 500 - 600 cars, 4.0 rs motor with some racing parts (GT3 R) 525 hp,a diferent exhaust system, a lightweight interior ( 70 - 100 kg in the spirit of the original R), lightweight body panel (carbonRS parts), special front fender, RS hood and magnesium roof etc.., manual, no RWS, No wings (like the original R) a pure car... OK i dream but...the answer arrive quickly
Old 01-21-2016 | 12:26 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Originally Posted by Metzeger
This car seems to be special for sure... I think 500 - 600 cars, 4.0 rs motor with some racing parts (GT3 R) 525 hp,a diferent exhaust system, a lightweight interior ( 70 - 100 kg in the spirit of the original R), lightweight body panel (carbonRS parts), special front fender, RS hood and magnesium roof etc.., manual, no RWS, No wings (like the original R) a pure car... OK i dream but...the answer arrive quickly
Agree^

Very special indeed. I really hope Porsche makes similar car with aero and PDK. "Cup edition"

And I would think anonymous is correct about the number of R produced will be 911.
Old 01-21-2016 | 12:36 PM
Metzeger
Pro

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Agree^

Very special indeed. I really hope Porsche makes similar car with aero and PDK. "Cup edition"

And I would think anonymous is correct about the number of R produced will be 911.
wait and see like i said only 80 - 90 cars for Germany and 8-10 cars for France...
Old 01-21-2016 | 12:41 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by Metzeger
This was how it was described to me, but it was a while back and things can change.

What is interesting on the 4.0 Porsche Motorsports changed the marketing material a little on the GT3 R. The power used to read something like 500hp adjustable using air restrictor, but now it is changed to Output: over 368 kW (500 hp) subject to FIA BoP (air restrictor).

Perhaps they've found more power in the 9A1 with the extended development for the GT3 R?

Producing a manual car with a higher redline is also a lot less warranty exposure than a PDK car would be as they can always blame the user...
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:02 PM
fxz
Race Car

From: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by NateOZ
This was how it was described to me, but it was a while back and things can change.

What is interesting on the 4.0 Porsche Motorsports changed the marketing material a little on the GT3 R. The power used to read something like 500hp adjustable using air restrictor, but now it is changed to Output: over 368 kW (500 hp) subject to FIA BoP (air restrictor).

Perhaps they've found more power in the 9A1 with the extended development for the GT3 R?

Producing a manual car with a higher redline is also a lot less warranty exposure than a PDK car would be as they can always blame the user...
Race exhaust Race Air Filters Race ECUs Race Gearbox= More HP
without 2 years 100k Km warranty headache (for them...)
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:05 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
Race exhaust Race Air Filter Race ECU Maps = More HP
Keeping them street legal will limit all three of these.
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:07 PM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by NateOZ

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Keeping them street legal will limit all three of these.

Of course but GT3 R is not street legal (unfortunately...)
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:09 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
Race exhaust Race Air Filters Race ECUs Race Gearbox= More HP
still has to meet emissions requirements.

as for why not more??? CAFE. simple as that...
Old 01-21-2016 | 01:18 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fxz
Of course but GT3 R is not street legal (unfortunately...)
Sorry FXZ, I got confused since this is the 911R thread.

Quick Reply: OT:911R