Sponsored by:

OT:911R

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:05 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
awesome idea! When they plan to start with production/ED´s of the 991R?

Don't know that but that are supposed to be built by July.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:23 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
So we can take an epic euro road trip!!
depending when, i might join.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:52 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was playing around with the configurator for fun. Can anyone with answers to these questions about the options list please chime in? Thanks in advance!

1. What is the approach angle and clearance for the R, and is the lift expected to be less/more useful than on the GT3? (Weight penalty notwithstanding)

2. What colour are the default washer nipples? (Black, vs silver?)

3. What colour are the standard headlights? (Silver, like the non-PDLS Bi-xenons on GT3?)

4. The reference to includes smoked auxiliary lights (mentioned when you click the 'info' button on the black PDLS headlights) is ambiguous to me. Does this mean you only get smoked red tail lights (like RS) when you order black PDLS, or are they always this way?

5. Can we order black / RY / LO paint in north america? (These colours are available in some Euro markets, eg. Netherlands configurator.)

6. If you were able to and did order black, would you go with black LWB (vs the awesome brown ones)? Opinions wanted please.

7. Bling question. Does the painted key with pouch come with a brown leather pouch if you spec brown seats? (vs black leather--I believe German configurator might have said black, but no comment on US site)

8. If one were to request ED (+/- side stripes and script), is this dependent on ED slots being available like usual? (It might be a busy time of year if they'll build them all by July.)

9. Any substantive weight reduction with either PDLS vs LED?

10. Anyone have info on PTS being available? I have been told by Exclusive that it is not available as far as they know for the moment. Given the short production timeline, I'd guess the chances are slim. But then again, they said the same about the RS initially.

Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 545 Likes on 345 Posts

I got my allocation confirmation today and was told I was one of only 10-20 nationwide "non vip" that was guaranteed a slot. Only because I put my name on list before there was a list.

I am going to do Euro delivery in the car after my "work season" is over. I want side stripes 100%.

If anyone wants to arrange for a drive across Europe in our R's or anyone wants to join up that's currently there, I will call in some favors to have our cars stored and cared for so that we can all whip around together. Since they are all being built together- no production issues.

Sample itinerary:

play around in stuttgart and vienna for a few days.

a1 south towards florence (always clear 365 days a year) - carb out and drive through cinque terra tunnels mandatory. Visit Ferrari Factory/ Lambo/ Pagani (all close together)

Whip up through northen italy into switzerland if weather permits, if not- head to monaco/ bordeaux. Optional to continue on to spain or possibly back to germany.

PM me if this interests you.
This is not going to be a gumball3000 BS thing I only want classy guys that won't get us all arrested. Maybe we can mix in a track day at Mugello or Paul Ricard. Depends on how much $$ it will cost.
What about the Targa Florio Itinerary?
Old 03-03-2016, 06:05 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was stoked to see that the script was via ED only! I thought I would be #1 at the dealer where I picked up my GT3 in dec. since they didn't know about the car when I told them about the 911R in the fall..idk- kinda bummed as I greatly prefer the look without a spoiler. Something a little more slippery on the streets.. I seem to miss that aspect in the new GT3 & a manual.

Being this is a limited edition car - Here is my build and if anyone likes it -my reasoning- cool! Go for it as I think I have near 0% chance..but still hoping.

GT Silver -
Black/Tarpan full leather
Green Stripes
Green Script
wheels black
-that should be rare and funky.. I was on the fence about the brown, but looking at the photo below and getting into the 60's spirit. The funkier the better. I like the way the writing in black-green on the side- black pdls -washers,mirrors, rear all work nicely with black wheels imo.

Full Leather buckets- 100%
Bi-xenon black - not a LED fan.
Single Mass clutch.. the more hardcore with quicker revs.. oh yes please!
Extended range tank-
Air-Con. yes-
-No lift-
auto dimming mirrors
Smoking pkg
mats
steering column case leather
illuminated carbon guards
Bose with nav
Euro delivery.
$201,775
http://www.porsche-code.com/PGWMLMS2

_I like this build, but I'm liking the rationale of no radio. Hmm-
-I think AC I need to take being in the south. I drove across Texas with a broken ac in June from Denver to NOLA back in 2009.. that sucked. I didn't realize the AC wasn't working in the rockies until I got on the road the next morning in Amarillo heading to NOLA, that was a hot..uncomfortable day.

-
CJ- ED Trip- Man that sounds awesome, but I don't think I'm going to pull this ticket. I'm in if I do! I may pull a GT3/GT3 RS but we shall see. I'd love to do that trip..my place is in Verbier,CH which if you head out of Maranello is 300 miles north up near Aosta and through the Gd. St. Bernard Pass. Depending on time of the year.. if it is pushing November the south of france sounds fun as the snow is hit or miss. Not sure when you were planning that ED.
There is some great food and roads around Verbier. You are welcome to put it on the list if you get a few people... staring off the balcony and watching the 8.5 km climb from the valley is nice especially when you hear something Italian climbing into Verbier.
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2016, 06:18 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lessthan3mph
I was playing around with the configurator for fun. Can anyone with answers to these questions about the options list please chime in? Thanks in advance!

1. What is the approach angle and clearance for the R, and is the lift expected to be less/more useful than on the GT3? (Weight penalty notwithstanding)

20-21 lbs I believe
2. What colour are the default washer nipples? (Black, vs silver?)
black I think
3. What colour are the standard headlights? (Silver, like the non-PDLS Bi-xenons on GT3?)
yes, believe so
4. The reference to includes smoked auxiliary lights (mentioned when you click the 'info' button on the black PDLS headlights) is ambiguous to me. Does this mean you only get smoked red tail lights (like RS) when you order black PDLS, or are they always this way?
Don't know-black pdls look cool on this though.

5. Can we order black / RY / LO paint in north america? (These colours are available in some Euro markets, eg. Netherlands configurator.)
idk
6. If you were able to and did order black, would you go with black LWB (vs the awesome brown ones)? Opinions wanted please.
No, brown for sure to add some pop
7. Bling question. Does the painted key with pouch come with a brown leather pouch if you spec brown seats? (vs black leather--I believe German configurator might have said black, but no comment on US site)
good question
8. If one were to request ED (+/- side stripes and script), is this dependent on ED slots being available like usual? (It might be a busy time of year if they'll build them all by July.)you'll get a spot

9. Any substantive weight reduction with either PDLS vs LED?
doubt it
10. Anyone have info on PTS being available? I have been told by Exclusive that it is not available as far as they know for the moment. Given the short production timeline, I'd guess the chances are slim. But then again, they said the same about the RS initially.
I hear no.

Thanks again!
hope that helps
Old 03-03-2016, 06:22 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

So we can take an epic euro road trip!!
If my number comes up, I will join you. Actually much more interested in this car than my incoming RS, so hopefully it does!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:30 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

I only want classy guys
Dang. I'm out
Old 03-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Agree CJ. Would be fun to compare laps with RS. We definitely need to get a SoCal private track rental routine going with 15-20 of us like mooty and co up north. Much more enjoyable than run groups blah blah.
Agree. That would be great to get a regular track rental going with a bunch of rennlisters from SoCal.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:42 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
If my number comes up, I will join you. Actually much more interested in this car than my incoming RS, so hopefully it does!

Ill take that RS off your hands for MSRP once you get your 911R
Old 03-03-2016, 10:31 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Last edited by 911Jetta; 03-08-2016 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anonymous918
there is one reason why radio delete is going to be valuable.

today when I get into a 997 car and turn on radio, it looks like crap: out of date, low resolution, slow, horribly UI, etc. think about it: what has remained timeless when it comes to automotive design? steering wheel, four tires and gear changer. you can get into Porsche built from 1965 and see the same timeless elements: four tires, steering wheel, gear changer - right? you with me so far? but imagine if Porsche in 1965 tried to do navigation or mp3? today we would have an entirely new technology and look at old low resolution navigation screen the same way we look at Windows 95 desktop today. in my opinion, in ten or fifteen years from now you going to look at the PCM screen in a 997 or 991 and it will make you want to puke. so to me radio delete is good news and always a win. in fact, I should probably go buy a 997 Radio Delete GT3RS before people realize how valuable those cars are
totally agree.
screens date very fast.
screens will ruin the entire car down the line.
every 997.1 with pcm screen looks crap. the 7.2 is just passable thus far.
a good solution if one needs to compromise, is a retracting screen.
the new audi rs3, for example, has a screen which retracts electrically into a slot in the top of the dash.
push a button - and see you later .....
porsche, learn from audi.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:01 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

As said in EVO interview by AP
991 R is nothing but the 991.1 GT3
manual gerbox test mule
with the addition of red green stripes

+60k for a 991 GT3 PDKSless with some carbon?

A success for PAG contentless GTS stripes marketing

Nevertheless i would still buy 1 at 190k
but
at market street price not worth a 675LT or upcoming 488Speciale
just to mention a couple

the next 50th R anniversary
what Porsche will celebrate
how well they fooled with 2 stripes the market?
Old 03-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
As said in EVO interview by AP
991 R is nothing but the 991.1 GT3
manual gerbox test mule
with the addition of red green stripes

+60k for a 991 GT3 PDKSless with some carbon?

A success for PAG contentless GTS stripes marketing

Nevertheless i would still buy 1 at 190k
but
at market street price not worth a 675LT or upcoming 488Speciale
just to mention a couple
To a degree. I'd be surprised if 991.2 GT3 includes CFP hood/fenders and Mg roof.

Put a side-delete system on the 991R and you have sub-3,000lb manual Porsche GT for the road. That's pretty cool.

Agree on pricing. MSRP or pass.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoffJr@Isringhausen
I heard that 260 of the cars were going to 918 customers with the remaining 40 cars going to executives to give out to Porsche VIP's. No regular allocation commission numbers have been issued as far as I know.
So if a dealer's 918 customers pass, they will likely not get a car to sell?

Quick Reply: OT:911R