Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport V Report...Let's start with the talk of Andreas Preuninger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 03:20 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
i see the point to clarify more than 1600GT4

There was really someone speculating on GT4 as limited??
at least 4000 GT4 has been always loudly said by Pag and AP as well
no news here

The only limited so far is 997 RS 4.0

the rest is limited by demand*
or vice-versa initially limited
to raise demand

they will not improve that much the usual little gain on .2 GT3 and RS ?

To me means only they will keep producing current ones but
the name

All RnD on Turbo and 992

NA is over
Originally Posted by 9972RS
^ I think you're right.

I do not see a 4.2L or 4.4L coming out for the next 991.2 gt3. 992 may very well go turbo or KERS.
BTW they just fired Porsche R&D boss Hatz alleluja!!

Last edited by fxz; 09-28-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:21 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Keep in mind all this information is what's potentially on the table now. With these companies anything can change on a moments notice including who's in charge of what and who's making the calls. Overall, some very encouraging news!
True, but there is a lot of lead time for new models. I expect the 991.2 has been finished for a while now, with development deep into the 992 at this point.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:27 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by dunlopnick
US body in white of GT4 does not have metalwork to support roll cage

No mention of GT4 CUP
this is sad, it would be cool if body in white were same, its annoying when we don't get the same car, like the first GT3s that had sunroof-blecch
Old 09-28-2015, 03:39 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Ok. I guess Eduardo kinda let the cat out of the bag here. I spoke with Andy for over 30 minutes behind the Porsche hospitality tent. He told me the exact same things.
1.No manual in the RS ever-this will ALWAYS be PDK.
2.GT3 manual will show up in .2 991 GT3 but not RS ever, ever,ever.
3.They are working on a GT2 which will be a GT2RS almost.
4.PDK will be out sooner than later in GT4 and there won't be an RS but some of the Cup parts may fit.
5..2 GT3/RS have little room to grow performance wise since they will absolutely be NA.
I think I'd rather see turbos than have them stand idle.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:53 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
who did they fire?
Old 09-28-2015, 03:58 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I also hear no PDK in GT4 and potentially manual in GT3 next gen.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default We need to be precise on the subject of PDK & the gt4!

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
4.PDK will be out sooner than later in GT4...
Originally Posted by CFGT3
Point #4 is in direct contrast to what the OP wrote. What is correct, will the PDK be offered in the next allocation? Seems like a vague statement
Originally Posted by gmaki
Yeah I don't get #4. I walked away with the impression that PDK on 981 GT4 was absolutely NO. No ambiguity there.
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
AP was clear yesterday - NO PDK for the current GT4.
I took the opportunity to record part of Andreas Preuninger's (the first eight minutes +, then my Apple iPhone battery started to run out of juice).
And I think we all owe Andreas the responsibility to be very precise on this point since he admitted that the miscommunication on a PDK for the gt4,
as reported in Planet 9 & then other internet websites, got him into some hot water at PAG:

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...nsmission.html

The source for the the AutoGuide story was at Planet 9:

"PDK - I asked if they have had time to work on the PDK for a GT4. He replied, yes, the GT4 will be offered in
customer choice PDK or manual soon. (Although this might not make sense today, in 3 days it will). This,
in spite of the overwhelming success of the concept of getting back to the emotional part of the driving experience.
"

http://www.planet-9.com/981-cayman-g...-weissach.html

But the same information was initially posted also in Rennlist:

https://rennlist.com/forums/gt4/8909...-weissach.html

We, of course, were not there when Matt talked to Andreas this summer in Germany.
But we need to learn from that miscommunication and try to report accurately what
any official at Porsche informs us in public or private to avoid any misrepresentation.

So...back to what Andreas said to us yesterday at the PCA hospitality tent.
It was about the third question asked by someone in the audience:

"Do you see the gt4 ever getting the PDK?"

Andreas responded:

"I read that in the internet as well. There is some individual that had an interview with me,
apparently, which I don't know of, and some internet forums stated that there will be a PDK
version of this car (points to the gt4 in front of him and he pauses briefly)...No sir, not the
case, we will not do it. This is purely a manual car. Maybe in the future generations, when
we will go on with this gt4 story, which I hope we will be able to do, we might make
to the customer whether (we offer) PDK or not, but at this lifecycle for the 981 we just can't
do it...so that was bad information and sorry for that. Caused a lot of trouble for me, believe
me...(laughter in the audience).
"

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 09-28-2015, 04:04 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Forgot to post these quickies ...

Sorry they are only iPhone videos, but a couple great MY2015 cars ...

No 92db sound checkers today !
Old 09-28-2015, 04:08 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
I believe he was suspended - not fired - pending the outcome of the internal investigation on who knew what and when at VW.

Neusser, Hackenberg and Hatz suspended in growing diesel scandal

Volkswagen has suspended three top executives from the Audi, Porsche and VW brands in response to the diesel scandal, Automotive News Europe reports.

Audi development chief Ulrich Hackenberg, VW research and development boss Dr. Heinz-Jakob Neusser, and Porsche development head Wolfgang Hatz are suspended. All three were rumored to have been slated for dismissal earlier last week, before the actual meeting of the VW board on Friday.

The Friday meeting of the board did not result in their dismissals, though it did result in the departure of Christian Klingler, VW sales and marketing chief, for reasons reported to be unrelated to the diesel crisis. The company also announced a new Volkswagen CEO on Friday of last week, with Porsche CEO Matthias Mueller taking over the job following the departure of Dr. Martin Winterkorn earlier in the week.

Reuters reports that all three suspended executives have denied that they knew about the illegal emissions-cheating software efforts. Sources last week reported that Volkswagen was getting closer to identifying the engineers who were responsible.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Why do you feel that way? What did Wolfgang Hatz did wrong at Weissach? Do you know he was an important force behind the 919 Le Mans winner?

I'm also told that when he was at Audi he had no responsibility for diesel engines either...

Last edited by ADias; 09-28-2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:20 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
Why do you feel that way? What did Wolfgang Hatz did wrong at Weissach? Do you know he was an important force behind the 919 Le Mans winner?

I'm also told that when he was at Audi he had no responsibility for diesel engines either...
Not to get too OT, but here are the facts:
Hatz Background:
Beginning February 1, 2011, Wolfgang Hatz is a member of Porsche AG Board of Management in charge of Research and Development, and is additionally Head of Engines and Transmissions Development for the Volkswagen Group.

Hatz joined the Volkswagen Group in 2001. Here, too, he served as Head of Engines and Transmissions Development at Audi until 2009, having assumed the same function within the VW Group in February 2007.

Audi announced 2.1 million vehicles affected by emissions software today.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Dave C4S Cab
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I hope AP's comments about GT4 production into MY2016 is accurate, if so I'm next inline for one. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Wondering if the VW emissions issue came up in the conversation?
Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Did anyone at the presentation ask AP whether he thought fallout from the VW fiasco would have any impact
on Porsche in general and GT car development and racing in particular?
No, it did not come in the conversation and the audience was polite & sophisticated enough to understand that neither he nor anyone else
representing Porsche at Rennsport could AFFORD to make any comment on this ongoing investigation, which is very serious & will involved
lawsuits, criminal inquires, billion $'s in potential penalties, stop-sales on certain models (Switzerland for example), etc.

Originally Posted by fxz
Originally Posted by dark knight
who did they fire?
Originally Posted by supercup
I believe he was suspended - not fired - pending the outcome of the internal investigation on who knew what and when at VW.
Originally Posted by NateOZ
Not to get too OT....

Gentlemen: Can I please ask you to continue your discussion of the 'Dieselgate' crisis at another thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...n-testing.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ory-board.html

We have a different kind of discussion going on here. Thank you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 09-28-2015, 05:03 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

981 is also like half aluminum so presumably a steel cage needs a combo of welding and bolting. Sounds expensive to repair when inevitably banged up on the track.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:05 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

I'm only on page 2 of this thread so far and I'm so glad I did the 500 mi at 4,200 rpm followed by 100 rpm increments each 100 miles thereafter - that's very close to what I read. And, I did oil change at 1,000 mi as suggested.

Between what I read from past posts and what MikeCa wrote, it looks like my break in was right there with AP's recommendations. Very happy about that.

Thanks for posting Eduardo, thanks Mike for your opinions. Poor Chuck, I think the whole drive it like you stole it theory is dead for good.

Dan (is pleased)

Quick Reply: Rennsport V Report...Let's start with the talk of Andreas Preuninger!