Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennsport V Report...Let's start with the talk of Andreas Preuninger!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 12:14 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by 9972RS
^ I think you're right.

I do not see a 4.2L or 4.4L coming out for the next 991.2 gt3. 992 may very well go turbo or KERS.
Essentially this is what I took from speaking with him. I specifically asked about a 4.2 and he said no way. Thats when we spoke about how hard it would be to extract any more performance from the current GT3/RS with the same motors. He did tell me that the GT3 motor is likely pushing 500hp currently in our cars. It would seem 991.2 will be turbo as he told me no hybrid for at least 10 years.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:15 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 148 Posts

AP said they not produce 5000 GT4's, so anything under than number is a possibility.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:55 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

^4999 then as planned
Old 09-28-2015, 01:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,267 Likes on 1,928 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
Ok. I guess Eduardo kinda let the cat out of the bag here. I spoke with Andy for over 30 minutes behind the Porsche hospitality tent. He told me the exact same things.

4.PDK will be out sooner than later in GT4 and there won't be an RS but some of the Cup parts may fit.
Point #4 is in direct contrast to what the OP wrote. What is correct, will the PDK be offered in the next allocation? Seems like a vague statement
Old 09-28-2015, 01:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

If it's true that there will be little performance increase with the 991.2 GT3/RS that should be somewhat soothing to owners of the current generation. I have to admit, it is to me....
Old 09-28-2015, 01:54 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
Point #4 is in direct contrast to what the OP wrote. What is correct, will the PDK be offered in the next allocation? Seems like a vague statement
Yeah I don't get #4. I walked away with the impression that PDK on 981 GT4 was absolutely NO. No ambiguity there.

Also one other minor point I just remembered was when he was discussing gearing he spent some time discussing gearing and how it is chosen. Along with the other points already reported here, he also mentioned that Porsche does not want cars being able to hit rev limiter in highest gear. Instead they like the car to be able to give everything it has at the top end, so gearing is balanced so that in highest gear the car is overcome by aero and friction just before hitting the rev limiter. (NOTE: That last line is me, not AP. Just my interpretation of his meaning).

Also, the production #'s were not presented as "Breaking News" by AP or anyone else. He was asked the questions, and he answered (perhaps more clearly than before), and that Q and A was reported here. No one is saying it is any huge "Surprise."
Old 09-28-2015, 02:08 PM
gmaki
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry guys I keep remembering things discussed. Here is another one.

Someone asked if Clubsport package would be made available for GT4. AP said what we already know that it is not legal in the US.

Then he talked about the possibility of being able to order the parts in the US and seemed to think it might be possible. I have no right to say this but I think he is incorrect there. I don't think that is the kind of thing that concerns him too much.

In any event he went on to talk about retro fitting the parts into a US car (assuming you could somehow get the parts) and he made the point that the body in white is different so it would not really work.

From there it got a little out of my league so perhaps someone else can add to what I THINK I heard.

he seemed to say that the rear potion of the cage, since it is all bolt on COULD be retrofitted, but that the front portion of the cage could not as it requires welding and the point where you would have to weld is aluminum and very close to fuel lines.

This confused me because I didn't think the club sport package was a full cage but just a rear "roll bar" anyway.

Anyway just parroting what I thought I heard here so anyone who can clarify please jump in.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by gmaki

Then he talked about the possibility of being able to order the parts in the US and seemed to think it might be possible. I have no right to say this but I think he is incorrect there. I don't think that is the kind of thing that concerns him too much.

In any event he went on to talk about retro fitting the parts into a US car (assuming you could somehow get the parts) and he made the point that the body in white is different so it would not really work.

he seemed to say that the rear potion of the cage, since it is all bolt on COULD be retrofitted, but that the front portion of the cage could not as it requires welding and the point where you would have to weld is aluminum and very close to fuel lines.

This confused me because I didn't think the club sport package was a full cage but just a rear "roll bar" anyway.
Clubsport pkg has optional front bar. Mounting point for this part of the bar is to a plate on floor welded at factory. See photo of access point for ROW RS.

I believe your assumption regarding ordering parts through normal channels is correct because lawyers.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
AP was clear yesterday - NO PDK for the current GT4.

It was a great Q&A. AP was very impressive to me as well.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:31 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, Eduardo, for great bits of info.
Like Mike, I am pleased to hear the 991.2 RS will not have much of a performance bump. To date, AP's break in recommendation carries the most weight, to me at least. I will do just that with my RS, arriving in 3+ weeks.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:38 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 625 Likes on 299 Posts

This weekend AP made clear many things that I had thought were false for a long time. One was definitely the break in. I am usually 7.5k-8k within 200 miles and then 9k at 500 miles. He spoke in the presentation that this was certainly not the best way to break in the car. Also in my private chat he said PDK will come to the car. But we were concurrently talking about the GT4 cup or whatever it is called so I cant be sure which he meant. I can say with much certainty that there will be no hybrid electric in the GT cars for quite some time. The .2's def won't be much of an increase over the .1's but will def be the last of the NA cars.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:41 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,529 Likes on 5,056 Posts

Originally Posted by 9972RS
^ I think you're right.

I do not see a 4.2L or 4.4L coming out for the next 991.2 gt3. 992 may very well go turbo or KERS.
Yes, esp. b/c of the tax structure in China for engines 4.0 or larger.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:50 PM
dunlopnick
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

US body in white of GT4 does not have metalwork to support roll cage

No mention of GT4 CUP
Old 09-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
The .2's def won't be much of an increase over the .1's but will def be the last of the NA cars.
What he said to the group was the increase between 991.1 and 991.2 would not be as great as it was from 997.1 to 997.2.

He certainly did not say the 991.2 would be the last NA GT cars. He implied quite the opposite, in fact.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Keep in mind all this information is what's potentially on the table now. With these companies anything can change on a moments notice including who's in charge of what and who's making the calls. Overall, some very encouraging news!

Quick Reply: Rennsport V Report...Let's start with the talk of Andreas Preuninger!