Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 06:09 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 415 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Love it, too bad it doesn't seem to go with Silver wheels as well as the purple.
Than again I seem to be one of the few who like silver wheels on a purple car..
I am also in that camp. Have a friend that is getting a UV RS this Fall with silver wheels, can't wait to see it. I don't think black wheels work on UV.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:38 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
I am also in that camp. Have a friend that is getting a UV RS this Fall with silver wheels, can't wait to see it. I don't think black wheels work on UV.
+1 here - not a fan of black wheels generally, but think they spoil the look of UV. My friend also has a UV with silver wheels incoming.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Tre
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still mind boggling that the only way to get Miami blue is to have an approved PTS slot. I just can't get my simple mind around the fact that a color that is on the configurator in some countries, and therefore must be somewhat plentiful is kept to a limited group. I love Porsche, but the length of customization offered by so many competitors is very appealing and makes me a bit disappointed.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:12 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Miami will turn out to be a great colour. Can't wait until we see the real pics.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Four Liter
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You want choice ? ! ; take a look at the Aston Martin or Ferrari web-sites - staggering .
Old 08-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Tre
Racer

Originally Posted by gt3rscr250m
You want choice ? ! ; take a look at the Aston Martin or Ferrari web-sites - staggering .
AM is crazy...I'd get lost with the bazillion different combinations lol! In fact, I'd probably need to hire an interior designer so I wouldn't end up with a circus interior
Old 08-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,835 Likes on 953 Posts

Nah, it's my default build as well. But still hoping to finagle a Miami Blue slot.

Last edited by Nizer; 08-11-2015 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:08 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Love it, too bad it doesn't seem to go with Silver wheels as well as the purple.
Nah, silver wheels is the way to go! Saw your twin here in Sweden. It looks awesome!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:10 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is the deal with ordering black? is it pts or ?
Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I will say the rear 21"s in silver look impressively enormous and accentuate the rake of the car.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
PTS $5500

Originally Posted by consolidated
I will say the rear 21"s in silver look impressively enormous and accentuate the rake of the car.
Part of the reason I chose Purple :-)
Old 08-12-2015, 07:56 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
I had communicated to exclusive in April that I wanted to do PTS on a GT4, and was told I needed a November slot to make that happen. So I moved my allotment back to November from July. The July 24 PTS "stop" means no PTS for us even though I was following their directive. We're pretty crushed, and really don't know what we are going to do now...
Originally Posted by 9972RS
^ your november slot would have been fine if you were given the slot before 7/24 and told your sales advisor to add PTS at that time.
Originally Posted by otisdog
Well, I was told by PCNA that I needed a November slot. My dealer still doesn't have those allocations, so I couldn't place an order.
There is a lesson here for all. I don't have time right now to comment in full, but will come back to this point at some future time.

Originally Posted by consolidated
The entire process is asinine.
There is a method to the PTS madness at Porsche. I have been trying to understand it and report about it for over 3 years now! And I am still surprised by it all the time! So don't tune out...let's learn how it works and use it to our advantage in future custom orders!

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
Yes, for the 991 gt3 RS, it's considered by Porsche as 'PTS' and the cost is $5500.

Originally Posted by raclaims
I really like Miami a lot...I think it will be stunning!
Originally Posted by Mcx
Yes, is really growing on me too.
Originally Posted by bronson7
I think Miami will turn out to be a great colour. Can't wait until we see the real pics.
If anybody has the right to order PTS on their 991 gt3 RS and is seriously considering 'Miami Blue', I strongly suggest you see the sample that PAG has prepared & sent to PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' reps in the US. It doesn't photograph very well...and it hasn't been properly captured yet in camera by those that have posted it before (including the photos sent to me by PCNA a while back). Today I spent one hour at the Porsche Zentrum at The Quail talking to Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry. I will have more to report on what we talked about when I have more time to post. But for the first time today I saw the actual sample of 'Miami Blue' and it's absolutely stunning!

It's nothing like the VW 'DoveBlue' or Porsche 356 'Aquamarine' which we had speculated about on this forum. It doesn't have a lot of 'grey' tint, as previously (incorrectly it turns out) reported. It is a brighter, lighter 'blue' with some 'green' tint according to Melissa. And it looks positively terrific! And I recommend you actually see it in person before you make up your mind what PTS color to order your RS! Of the colors offered, I recommend both 'Ultraviolet' and 'Miami Blue' strongly. Of course, if you were lucky enough to get the PTS of your choice (confirmed order), you are in excellent shape!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
In the Middle of 'Holy Week'! A few mementos from it so far:

Tuesday's 'Carmel Concours-on-the-Avenue'
1969 911S in a rare 'Golden Green' color

Wednesday's 'Carmel Mission Classic':

Tuesday & Wednesday's 'Automobilia Monterey' at the Embassy Suites:

Old 08-12-2015, 08:07 PM
Tre
Racer

Originally Posted by Z356
If anybody has the right to order PTS on their 991 gt3 RS and is seriously considering 'Miami Blue', I strongly suggest you see the sample that PAG has prepared & sent to PCNA's 'Porsche Exclusive' reps in the US. It doesn't photograph very well...and it hasn't been properly captured yet in camera by those that have posted it before (including the photos sent to me by PCNA a while back). Today I spent one hour at the Porsche Zentrum at The Quail talking to Melissa Witek and Matthew Henry. I will have more to report on what we talked about when I have more time to post. But for the first time today I saw the actual sample of 'Miami Blue' and it's absolutely stunning!

It's nothing like the VW 'DoveBlue' or Porsche 356 'Aquamarine' which we had speculated about on this forum. It doesn't have a lot of 'grey' tint, as previously (incorrectly it turns out) reported. It is a brighter, lighter 'blue' with some 'green' tint according to Melissa. And it looks positively terrific! And I recommend you actually see it in person before you make up your mind what PTS color to order your RS! Of the colors offered, I recommend both 'Ultraviolet' and 'Miami Blue' strongly. Of course, if you were lucky enough to get the PTS of your choice (confirmed order), you are in excellent shape!
Eduardo, thanks for depressing me even further lol! This is what fuels some of my PTS anger. Black, RY, and Miami Blue are clearly colors that Porsche has ready to use and yet consider them PTS! IMHO, the PTS choices would be those that are very low production (e.g., let's say ~10 of the ~2000 RS builds are Voodoo). Come on Porsche, let me pick Miami so I'm not like the (what seems to be) ~1500 other LO cars
Old 08-12-2015, 09:13 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Eduardo, how would compare Miami blue against Mexico and Riviera? It looks like a a color in the same family if not close cousins.
Old 08-12-2015, 09:26 PM
Loess
Three Wheelin'

Received 172 Likes on 92 Posts

That sample is bluer and brighter than the sample I had made up and is much bluer than the sample MCX posted with the Mexico blue car a few pages up. But if that sample is from Germany then that is what I would expect.

Seems really close to the other blues though. I suppose it's got a little more Miami and a little less Mexico in it.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS