Sponsored by:

Reference Guide to PTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:43 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 484 Likes on 194 Posts

sreenshot from Mexiko configurator www.porsche.mx with the 3 new colors:

(but the preview in racing-yellow and Miami-Blue is not working)

Old 07-22-2015, 12:21 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I already asked.

I think I'd stick with the Matte Aluminum Maybe Platinum wheels, but Platinum wheels automatically don't match the uprights or black trim stuff.

Its possible to get the Matte Aluminium look on a PTS car but its another few thousand and complicated, needs approval bla bla. Hard to swap wheels and uprights I guess. So I already decided that if I could get Miami Blue by September 24 (We'll never know, Eduardo wont change it for me) Id just buy the Matte Aluminum stuff after I get the car.
Platinum wheels and uprights will be great for UV and Miami!
Old 07-22-2015, 02:25 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Thanks, d00d. I & others have covered the subject of these particular colors (except perhaps 'Pear Grey') in a number of threads in Rennlist in the past. So perhaps you can do some 'search' on each. And we have some 'breaking' news coming up on the elusive 'Slate Grey' Y97 versus 615.

However, if I actually had a paying gig with 'Porsche Exclusive', I would gladly interrupt my current European vacation and give you a full comparative analysis in short order. Easy Peasy. And paying customers in theory have access to that service from 'Porsche Exclusive' in Atlanta or Beverly Hills right now!
I didn't mean to suggest you make a detour, your response to the OP indicated to me that you may have been returning to PE Zuffenhausen during this trip.
It's very difficult to decide which shade of a color would be best without seeing side by side panels or cars, and I have the comparisons of both blues and greys accumulated over a few years from this site.
I'd like to pick the one closest to Audi Nardo Grey, and if I can't get my dealer to order the eight panels, it'll be a trip to ATL.

Last edited by d00d; 07-22-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
That's high-order obfuscation sir. Me thinks public office beckons.
Except have you heard what I normally say about the awful 'Lime Gold Metallic' which was recently unceremoniously purged from Porsche's color offerings? I am not diplomatic enough to even get a low level job in our State Department!

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
...calling me gay leaving the explanation / covering of remark open for interpretation...
I am from California and we don't make gay jokes since it's against the law. I am glad you are back to 'Ultraviolet'. From your recent comments here on Rennlist, I think you can handle it without a problem! I know Hans & Franz would love it...and they are certainly not 'girly men' either!

Originally Posted by jo_ker
sreenshot from Mexiko configurator www.porsche.mx with the 3 new colors:
(but the preview in racing-yellow and Miami-Blue is not working)

Wow, Mexico's configurator's webmaster is leading the way at Porsche! Muy Bueno!

Originally Posted by d00d
I'd like to pick the one closest to Audi Nardo Grey, and if I can't get my dealer to order the eight panels, it'll be a trip to ATL.
Keep us posted on your trip to Atlanta...because I doubt PCNA or PAG will send your dealer eight sample panels of these PTS colors.
And please report back to the forum what you find out from 'Porsche Exclusive'. Thanks in advance.

Saludos,
Eduardo
On the Mosel River in Germany
Old 07-22-2015, 04:10 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

LOL Eduardo. I have an accent but its not Austrian..
I read you have seen some UV cars, so at least I'm not the only one..

Is it me or are the colors getting less and less exclusive?
I bet euro cars are mostly white and silver? Curious if we will ever be able to get a color break down to see how exclusive black, tallow and blue really are, I can see more arriving in the US than the GTSilver....
Old 07-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Slate Grey' 615 vs 'Slate Grey' Y97 / Photo of the two color samples together!

And as background to our readers on this color controversy, let me repeat this earlier exchange on this topic here on Rennlist:

Originally Posted by NateOZ
The original slate grey color code was 615 from '64 to '69 even though the Paint No. changed from 6401 to 6601 to 6801
as the years progressed. I have an order incoming in 615 and I'm not convinced the AWE pictures aren't enhanced photoshopped
given the colors on the taillights, emblems etc in their original thread. I'll find out in October for sure what it looks like when my
Targa arrives.
Nate. I still want to know what the 'Slate Grey' Y97 actually looks like. To further confuse us, PAG initially didn't have color code Y97
listed as 'Slate Grey/Schiefergrau'. In earlier 991 / 981 / Panamera PTS approved lists published since 2012, that Y97 color code was
first called ''Silberstein/Silver Stone'! It is only in just recent months that PAG has changed the name associated with Y97 and now
calls it 'Slate Grey' too!

By the way Nate, the earliest appearance of 'Slate Grey' as a Porsche offering happened in MY1960 for the 356B as color code 6001.
So that was the 'original' 'Slate Grey' at PAG.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I don't have a confirmed vehicle picture of Y97 (or 615 for that matter), but this is a Y97 Porsche Exclusive rendering (build sheet is also attached).

This is also supposed to be RAL 7015, so the rendering seems ok compared to it.

That which you posted above Nate helps makes my case that Y97 'Slate Grey' looks a lot like that show 991 car in Geneva which Suzy911
originally posted in this forum a while back!

Daniel since reported to us that Suzy911 since corrected her original post and stated the slate color above was '615'. And Jams & others
have stated that 'Porsche Exclusive' has investigated the photo above and confirmed that Geneva show car was '615' and not 'Y97'

In contrast to the AWE 991 Turbo in PTS 'Slate Grey', color code 615, which looks quite different...and more like the vintage/historic Porsche 'Slate Grey'!

Unfortunately, the 'Slate Grey' samples (both color code 615 & Y97) were missing on Friday July 17th & my guide at 'Porsche Exclusive' at Zuffenhausen
couldn't find them in the short time we had at the 'Wailing Wall'. More when I continue my posts on my other thread regarding my visit to Germany.

Some news on this front. Rennlister 'Blu RS' from Northern California contacted me via PM on 7/15 asking if I was able to get photos of
the two 'Slate Grey' PTS colors on the approved list - color code '615' color code & the elusive 'Y97'. Here is what I responded to him:

So then 'Blu RS' contacted Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusive' in Atlanta, attached my response to him, and asked if she could provide
him with an answer. And she did, sending him this interesting photo!

In Melissa's own words (in red):

'Please see attached for the Slate Greys next to a vanity plate:

The one on the left side is Slate Grey RAL 7015 (code Y97), and the middle is Slate Grey 6601 (code 615)."

I am still surprised at this photo. I thought it would be the inverse. If anyone that reads Rennlist has ordered & received a
PTS 'Slate Grey' Y97, please post photos. We would like to see a fuller representation of this color. We have been told here
at Rennlist that the AWE 911 Turbo S is 'Slate Grey' 615. If anyone else has another PTS '615' & can photograph it for us,
we would also appreciate that! And Nate should soon receive his '615' Targa.

We are grateful to 'Blu RS' and Melissa Witek for getting us this photo showing both 'Slate Grey' approved PTS colors
side by side!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Traben-Trarbach, Germany

Last edited by Z356; 07-23-2015 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Thank You Daniel For Catching spelling error on some of the Y97 (not Y92) Color Code!
Old 07-22-2015, 09:30 PM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The one on the left side is Slate Grey RAL 7015 (code Y97), and the middle is Slate Grey 6601 (code 615)."
wait... your left or her left?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:52 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Very helpful, that photo. It seems to suggest the Exclusive rendering, showing Y97 to be a fair bit lighter than 615 (in the Swiss photo), is quite accurate.

btw, minor typo, but just to avoid any confusion it's Y97 (not Y92).
Old 07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by <3mph
Very helpful, that photo. It seems to suggest the Exclusive rendering, showing Y97 to be a fair bit lighter than 615 (in the Swiss photo), is quite accurate.

btw, minor typo, but just to avoid any confusion it's Y97 (not Y92).
Thank you for catching that, Daniel. I think I have been able to correct it. Let me know if you see anything else.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Currently in Düsseldorf
Old 07-25-2015, 03:54 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS Porsches spotted so far on my trip to Germany...

A few of the Paint to Sample Porsches I have seen so far on my European trip during the past 10 days...

'Rubystone Red' (reportedly)

'Signal Yellow' 114

'Lichtgrün' 253

'Grigiocampovolo' Y99

'Viper Green' 225

Saludos,
Eduardo
Düsseldorf

For further info on my visit to Porsche & Germany, see post # 135 at

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...-2015-a-9.html
Old 07-26-2015, 01:27 AM
aboodchy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A slight, MASSIVELY annoying update; got a call from my dealer with some bad news. Basically Porsche informed dealers that only customers with preconfirmed PTS slots could choose the three PTS colors offered: yellow, black and Miami blue. Customers who did NOT get a confirmation of PTS prior to Porsche withdrawing the PTS program on the RS are not eligible. Since my PTS wasn't confirmed, I can not order black; plus I can not go ultraviolet since my slot got pushed to December build as opposed to September (and ultraviolet production ends in November). I decided to go with what I really wanted all along, deep down...white with a white roll cage, white gauges, interior package painted white...
and white wheels
Old 07-26-2015, 03:59 AM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 131 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Reference Guide to PTS in a MY2016 991 gt3 RS

Originally Posted by aboodchy
A slight, MASSIVELY annoying update; got a call from my dealer with some bad news. Basically Porsche informed dealers that only customers with preconfirmed PTS slots could choose the three PTS colors offered: yellow, black and Miami blue. Customers who did NOT get a confirmation of PTS prior to Porsche withdrawing the PTS program on the RS are not eligible. Since my PTS wasn't confirmed, I can not order black; plus I can not go ultraviolet since my slot got pushed to December build as opposed to September (and ultraviolet production ends in November). I decided to go with what I really wanted all along, deep down...white with a white roll cage, white gauges, interior package painted white...
and white wheels
I understand your frustration! Not being able to choose is annoying. But I think you will be happy with white. So if you don't like LO, you can choose between silver and white. Someone needs to look them self in the mirror in Stuttgart.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:52 PM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Ridiculous that they are ending UV in Nov and cannot get the three new colors. Why even offer it to begin with?
Orange, White, and Silver... I want none of them.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:06 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

By the time I get an alloc (hopefully for a Calendar Year 2016 production start -- which they are rumored / expected to release some allocs for eventually), there will be a whole new slate of colors considering the direction things have been heading in. Very frustrating.

But, oh well, better than no GT3 RS at all!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:13 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
By the time I get an alloc (hopefully for a Calendar Year 2016 production start -- which they are rumored / expected to release some allocs for eventually), there will be a whole new slate of colors considering the direction things have been heading in. Very frustrating.

But, oh well, better than no GT3 RS at all!
Me and you both using one another for moral support. Hoping for the car and then of course a color I love.

Quick Reply: Reference Guide to PTS