Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 12:56 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Eduardo is angling for the "extra" allocation PTS cars Porsche produced in special shades of Gray, Green and red referred to in another RL thread. I guess he has discovered that these cars are truly awarded to select dealers and not allocated to a customer order or a fictitious "story" by the dealer - he once doubted the veracity of that story. McKenna had/has a green one coming in June.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:29 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

So why are these late '15 gt3 allocations with PTS colors showing up, almost all of which are going to dealers and not directly to customers who were initially denied PTS?

Eduardo, it seems clear that the objective here is to award the dealers with a highly desirable bonus allocation. The subterfuge and bogus stories as to the origins of these units are an attempt to avoid pissing off the very customers you reference. I am sure PCNA would prefer you not shine on a light on this PTS scheme.

How has the communication been between you and Porsche Exclusive lately?
Old 03-19-2015, 03:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
So why are these late '15 gt3 allocations with PTS colors showing up, almost all of which are going to dealers and not directly to customers who were initially denied PTS?

Eduardo, it seems clear that the objective here is to award the dealers with a highly desirable bonus allocation. The subterfuge and bogus stories as to the origins of these units are an attempt to avoid pissing off the very customers you reference. I am sure PCNA would prefer you not shine on a light on this PTS scheme.

If that is the case, they are barking up the wrong tree! I am preparing to break a story here on Rennlist and in this particular gt3 forum that will be quite revealing about PTS and the gt3's. I have obtained this flashlight, you see, and we will start shinning it up places where the sun doesn't often reach...PTS & 'Porsche Exclusive'.

The other more mundane places where the sun doesn't shine is much easier to explore since we have many proctologists who are Rennlisters in this forum!

But PTS & Porsche, that is truly a murky and opaque subject matter! It is the 'terra incognita' of Porschedom and we are often sailing in those seas totally blind...like Columbus on the 'Santa Maria'.

Excellent...why do you ask? Are you in the payroll of PCNA or a P dealer? Are you part of their informal 'defense team' at Rennlist? Let me know so that I can add you to the list of people I send Christmas Holiday greetings each year!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

No and no. I am 100% in your corner on this one. I just thought I read in another thread that they were not returning your emails, so I conjectured they were trying to dodge you on this matter.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:19 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

a dealer, even a good one, will be called stealer. much like cops. cops are here to help us (right...) but they get blamed for everything. i appears to me that "awards" and "rewards" should be dished to customers not dealers. b/c when a customer touts the brand, it has way more convincing power than when a dealer touts the brand.

just sayin.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

No and no. I am 100% in your corner on this one. I just thought I read in another thread that they were not returning your emails, so I conjectured they were trying to dodge you on this matter.
Ok, you are off the Christmas Holiday greetings list for PAG/PCNA and their sorry minions. But you get elevated to 'Stop by for a drink' status on your next visit to Carmel!

Originally Posted by mooty
a dealer, even a good one, will be called stealer. much like cops. cops are here to help us (right...) but they get blamed for everything. i appears to me that "awards" and "rewards" should be dished to customers not dealers. b/c when a customer touts the brand, it has way more convincing power than when a dealer touts the brand.

just sayin.
Pay attention to what Mooty says...and he is spot on!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-19-2015, 03:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,450 Likes on 754 Posts

I find this whole thing very intriguing. I am interested Eduardo's findings
Old 03-19-2015, 04:18 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 294 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty

just sayin.
I'm sure Porsche agrees with this. But there are two sticking points that come to mind:

1. Porsche cannot sell directly to customers of dealers.
2. Even if #1 weren't an issue, how would Porsche implement such a program, what criteria would be fair that reward its best customers, without pissing off the majority who weren't deemed "worthy" for a limited allocation of PTS or special model cars?

Granting these extra PTS cars to dealers is an easy way out for Porsche. However, I'll wager Porsche would love to hear alternatives that don't run afoul of state franchise laws.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:20 PM
Nine1won
Burning Brakes

Received 75 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Eduardo is angling for the "extra" allocation PTS cars Porsche produced in special shades of Gray, Green and red referred to in another RL thread. I guess he has discovered that these cars are truly awarded to select dealers and not allocated to a customer order or a fictitious "story" by the dealer - he once doubted the veracity of that story. McKenna had/has a green one coming in June.
McKenna wants 40k over!!
Old 03-19-2015, 04:23 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 363 Likes on 205 Posts

Rumor: 30 or so PTS overrun. Signal, fashion, arena. Distributed to dealers, not sure on total to US. Cars spec'ed by Porsche.

Is that news?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:24 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nine1won
McKenna wants 40k over!!
Sounds right for those jokers
Old 03-19-2015, 04:30 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Rumor: 30 or so PTS overrun. Signal, fashion, arena. Distributed to dealers, not sure on total to US. Cars spec'ed by Porsche.

Is that news?
30!!! That would be bolded all caps front page headline news! I would find that to be most galling in light of the number of customers denied pts on this very car.

And thanks eduardo for bringing this info to the RL masses.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:31 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Maybe these dealers agreed to take a couple Porsche Pigs, aka the Panamera Executive models, in exchange for a PTS GT3. Porsche reportedly can't give away those cars and the sales incentives haven't helped. I suspect these PTS GT3 rewards were given to dealers who really delivered on their numbers, or who moved extra slow selling units. Porsche is making a big push for 200,000 units, and the dealer network figures prominently in this drive.

While I agree with Mooty on a purely marketing, brand image and PR basis; throwing these incentive, high-spec PTS units at dealers that are exceeding their targets, results in incremental gains measured in millions, not thousands.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:01 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
30!!! That would be bolded all caps front page headline news! I would find that to be most galling in light of the number of customers denied pts on this very car.

And thanks eduardo for bringing this info to the RL masses.
Yes I suspect you can expect an additional 10 "fashion gray" brethren to join the ranks.

Last edited by GregJGT3; 03-19-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-19-2015, 05:08 PM
carll
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Fashion Grey is a great color and on the 991 GT3 is immense. But 40K over at McKenna, what a joke they are.

Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?