Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:50 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by forhamilton
about the 30 cars. None of them wil have lightweight buckets.
Thanks for the intel. Given how very popular these LWBs are, possibly more desirable than PTS, it's a little odd that none (of the alleged 30) were specced this way. How did you find out none had LWBs? And can you provide more detail on these cars?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:14 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you could change the config... i changed from 4 way seat to 16 way seat. i could have changed to LWB if i wanted to.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:05 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
How did you find out none had LWBs? And can you provide more detail on these cars?
I'll pm you shortly and I will post on this Rennlist forum the whole story pretty soon. I am just waiting because today I sent a comprehensive email with my findings re: these PTS gt3's to Detlev von Platen, CEO of PCNA. I am giving him an opportunity to respond to my email before I post my story. If we don't have all the facts right just yet, I want him, PCNA & PAG to set the record straight before we break this story with specific details. We are more interested in getting to the truth, and finding out about the dealers where these PTS cars were allocated, than simply rushing to post a critical story re: how PCNA has mishandled this PTS program. The recriminations can come later...we are first interested in finding out all we can about these PTS gt3's and to give some of our Rennlisters an opportunity to purchase one at MSRP, if any are still available!

Originally Posted by anonymous918
you could change the config... i changed from 4 way seat to 16 way seat. i could have changed to LWB if i wanted to.
Yes, but only if you were aware of these PTS gt3's early on when they were first allocated! Although they were supposed to be locked in place by PAG and unchangeable, at least one savvy dealer (and Anonymous918 via his VIP program connections) was able to change the specs of their PTS gt3. In the one case that I know of, a GM on his allocated 'Signal Green' gt3's was able to substitute Carbon Ceramic Brakes for the standard gt3 brakes!

Everyone of these cars were originally specced with 4-way Sport Plus seats, LED's, Sport Chrono and most will arrive exactly with their original specs! By now the status of these cars is V-250/V-260 and above. So they are truly locked in place by today, some are already in production and most are expected to be finished being built in the next few weeks. Delivery stateside is expected in May.

By the way 'Anonynous', did you mean to say 'Adaptive Sport Plus 18-way' seats? Because I don't know of a 16-way seats in the current Porsche line up!

Originally Posted by Racingutoo
the signal green coming to McKenna and Signal Green coming to BH are identical builds- as is the blue at Rusnak.
Yes, all the 'Signal Green' had the same original specs. But each other color has it's own peculiar specs. The so-called 'Mexico Blue' (which in fact might not be it's real color) is specced differently than the 'Signal Green' or the 'Arena Red Metallics'. We have the specs on each of the three PTS colors and will post shortly.

Originally Posted by JCBH
The Arena car coming to BH...Confirmed build was by Porsche, not a dealer. Extra allocation, and a surprise. Dealer was apparently not consulted on builds. Definitely an interesting development.
Thank you for that information. We were also told that by Racingutoo at the 'Arena Red'. He posted 'I think BH is also getting an arena red...call Glen' on 3/16 and we took notice. So I also want to thank Racingutoo for the information he is providing us on these PTS vehicles!

Originally Posted by bronson7
Just wondering if there are any extra PTS built going to the bigger dealers in Canada?
So far, this story only involves these extra PTS gt3's for US dealers. Maybe they think Canada already has too many beautiful PTS gt3's and they are trying to 'spread the PTS around', to paraphrase something our commander-in-chief would be apt to say!

Originally Posted by montoya
Im I upset I lost out on PTS for my GT3, yes! Would I gladly trade or sell my GT3 for a Signal Green PTS at a reasonable price, hell yes! Am I upset at the way these "bonus" PTS allocations came out when we mere mortals can't spec or order one- damn right! You know, thanks to Eduardo, I lined everything up correctly on my GT3 order for PTS- made the connection with Porsche Exclusive, made sure my allocation was in October (that cost me some money BTW), and waited for the confirmation that never came. Yes, it stings a little when I went through a lot of effort and real money to get an order lined up only to be told, not now and not ever for this gen GT3.

I love my GT3, but I hate the PTS charade that Porsche plays!
I agree with you 100%, Montoya. It's a charade...with negative consequences if we can NOT trust the veracity of guidelines the company itself has announced publicly for the ordering process!

Originally Posted by forhamilton
I was also caught up in the pts debacle. I was offered an arena red car which led me to finding out about the 30 cars. None of them wil have lightweight buckets. Cars will be here in May.

I know I will be receiving some awesome news on a car shortly. It's going to be awesome. I'm ready!
Hamilton: Can you share with us what dealer offered you the 'Arena Red Metallic' gt3 and their asking price? Was it a MSRP or with a markup? Thanks.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks for the intel. Given how very popular these LWBs are, possibly more desirable than PTS, it's a little odd that none (of the alleged 30) were specced this way. How did you find out none had LWBs? And can you provide more detail on these cars?
Originally Posted by anonymous918
I can confirm the no buckets part is true. Some people have contacted dealerships and have seen the build sheets, which is how they know. Not a big deal to me, but obviously it is to some. Buckets can be added later, but not PTS. And while I realize buckets are very popular here on RL (home of pcar track rats), many who buy the GT3 as a DD or road-going car opt for greater comfort/adjustability. Either way, they are not included on these late-production PTS 3s. As much as some would prefer to have them (I would have ticked the box, too), I rather doubt their absence will affect the dealerships' ability to sell them. Just my .02.

Edit: I see Ed added his post above while I was preparing mine. Sorry in advance for any redundancies.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:16 AM
anonymous918
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
By the way 'Anonynous', did you mean to say 'Adaptive Sport Plus 18-way' seats? Because I don't know of a 16-way seats in the current Porsche line up!
yes, 18 way...
Old 03-20-2015, 03:17 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks sportscentury and Eduardo. I'll be on the edge of my seat... What an unbelievable turn of events this has been!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:21 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice sleuthing Eduardo! Thanks
Old 03-20-2015, 03:23 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Was offered a Peru Red car...
Old 03-20-2015, 03:31 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
I'm sure Porsche agrees with this. But there are two sticking points that come to mind:

1. Porsche cannot sell directly to customers of dealers.
2. Even if #1 weren't an issue, how would Porsche implement such a program, what criteria would be fair that reward its best customers, without pissing off the majority who weren't deemed "worthy" for a limited allocation of PTS or special model cars?

Granting these extra PTS cars to dealers is an easy way out for Porsche. However, I'll wager Porsche would love to hear alternatives that don't run afoul of state franchise laws.
fair question.
it's capitalism and most p car buyers are beneficiaries of capitalism, which must be differentiated from greed.... i am sure everyone knows what that means.

PAG sells to PCNA to dealer... while they cannot control dealers, they can IMPLY what dealers must do, and if they fail to do, slap their hands and they already do so... when i buy a car out of state and take to CA (a state with a coast) and being asian, i have been asked to sign a document to "not export the car to asia".... i asked why does the selling dealer care. a car sold is a pot of money made. they replied mother ship forces them to do it. well, so what. what if the selling dealer just show PAG PCNA the longer finger on their hand. no not the ring finger... they wont be getting allocations... so you see. mother ship does control that.

you noticed every porsche dealership have same architecure (if you can call it that). why? b/c mothership mandates that. i asked the dealer what if you mooned the mothership and continue selling porsche out of a sh*thole. they said that the franchise will be pulled. again mothership has control over dealers.

while legally pcna can't do anything, their are implied risks. when i was a banker, i dont wear my gage or 9 ear rings to work. while there's nothing they can do to me, i know what i can and cannot do b/c the IMPLIED rules. so again, PCNA PAG can used the IMPLIED RULE OR THREAT and get dealers to perform.

all above was my inelegant way of saying that PAG PCNA should watch what mark up is being charged. b/c while it's captialism at work, the random upcharge causes bad taste in upset customers and one bad mouth is enough to destroy their $20MM advertising campaign....

ok, forge the mark up for now.

how to distribute the car. i dont pretend the world is fair. i am too old for that garbage that i tell my 5 yo. but rules should be transparent.

a 918 owner has certain privileges and that's spelled out clearly in the 918 campaign pack. so while i am not thrilled with the "unfairness" i know that if i shut up worked harder made more $ bought a 918, i shall have such privilege. then that's fine with me. it was my incompetence that led to lack of such privilege no prob with that.

but when the "rules" are not clear. that leads to chaos.

PTS was in moratorium. no more PTS. then suddenly PTS shows up....
make it simpler. i tell my 5yo no ice cream. too much sugar tonight. he goes to bed. i start digging into ben and jerry. he comes down stairs after peeing then sees daddy swallowing ice cream by the gallon..... ugh... how do you explain to the kid.... really how do you explain it?

i text while drive. i tell my daughter do not text all day, it can wait. she then askes why are you texting all the time daddy?.... well, i was speechless. i have no good explanation i was caught red handed.

now daddy PCNA, what's YOUR explanation?

as to how to improve and reduce frustration of customers....
easy very easy..

today we are making this thing called GT3RS.
we are making exactly X units. not X+1 or X-1 or 2X etc. exactly X
rules are 918 guys gets first right of refusal then it's first come first serve. and i even would be ok with over msrp IF IT'S TOLD TO THE CUSTOMER BEFORE HAND. say mooty, you can have slot 1 if you paid 20 over. then i say yes or no. personally i am fine with that (others may not be) but what is not acceptable is that a slot is promised to ABC then XYZ comes along and says let me pay you 20 over... then dealer pulls the promised msrp car to ABC and sell it to XYZ at higher amount AFTER the fact. that's not cool.

certainly many will not be able to get the X unit of cars to be made. but if the rule is clear. then i think we as grown ups just sign and have a beer than move on. it's like playing a tennis match with your buddy, only one of you can win. but both play the same rule so it's all good. but if you changed the rule when it's set point...... well
Old 03-20-2015, 03:31 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Was offered a Peru Red car...
Where, in Lima? There are a lot of red cars in Peru...some even have painted their nation's flag on them! What's the big deal? Did you get it?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-20-2015, 03:51 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Where, in Lima? There are a lot of red cars in Peru...some even have painted their nation's flag on them! What's the big deal? Did you get it? Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Not interested at all.. Too expensive for me, optioned to the hilt, and I really didn't like the color. Was really set on this gt4... It's a bit of a jerk off really at the moment.

Can tell you dealer if you're interested, SA is actually a friend and a very nice guy, would love for him to be able to sell the car
Old 03-20-2015, 03:58 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Not interested at all.. Too expensive for me, optioned to the hilt, and I really didn't like the color. Was really set on this gt4... It's a bit of a jerk off really at the moment.

Can tell you dealer if you're interested, SA is actually a friend and a very nice guy, would love for him to be able to sell the car
Me personally would not be interested...but there might be someone here on this forum that might be. Are you saying a PTS 'Peru Red' gt3 (color code 042 Uni) is available at a US dealer you know? What are the specs? Are they asking MSRP? Let the forum know...someone might just love 'Peru Red' on a gt3!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS I sent you a pm one week ago. Did you get it?
Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
fair question. it's capitalism and most p car buyers are beneficiaries of capitalism, which must be differentiated from greed.... i am sure everyone knows what that means. PAG sells to PCNA to dealer... while they cannot control dealers, they can IMPLY what dealers must do, and if they fail to do, slap their hands and they already do so... when i buy a car out of state and take to CA (a state with a coast) and being asian, i have been asked to sign a document to "not export the car to asia".... i asked why does the selling dealer care. a car sold is a pot of money made. they replied mother ship forces them to do it. well, so what. what if the selling dealer just show PAG PCNA the longer finger on their hand. no not the ring finger... they wont be getting allocations... so you see. mother ship does control that. you noticed every porsche dealership have same architecure (if you can call it that). why? b/c mothership mandates that. i asked the dealer what if you mooned the mothership and continue selling porsche out of a sh*thole. they said that the franchise will be pulled. again mothership has control over dealers. while legally pcna can't do anything, their are implied risks. when i was a banker, i dont wear my gage or 9 ear rings to work. while there's nothing they can do to me, i know what i can and cannot do b/c the IMPLIED rules. so again, PCNA PAG can used the IMPLIED RULE OR THREAT and get dealers to perform. all above was my inelegant way of saying that PAG PCNA should watch what mark up is being charged. b/c while it's captialism at work, the random upcharge causes bad taste in upset customers and one bad mouth is enough to destroy their $20MM advertising campaign.... ok, forge the mark up for now. how to distribute the car. i dont pretend the world is fair. i am too old for that garbage that i tell my 5 yo. but rules should be transparent. a 918 owner has certain privileges and that's spelled out clearly in the 918 campaign pack. so while i am not thrilled with the "unfairness" i know that if i shut up worked harder made more $ bought a 918, i shall have such privilege. then that's fine with me. it was my incompetence that led to lack of such privilege no prob with that. but when the "rules" are not clear. that leads to chaos. PTS was in moratorium. no more PTS. then suddenly PTS shows up.... make it simpler. i tell my 5yo no ice cream. too much sugar tonight. he goes to bed. i start digging into ben and jerry. he comes down stairs after peeing then sees daddy swallowing ice cream by the gallon..... ugh... how do you explain to the kid.... really how do you explain it? i text while drive. i tell my daughter do not text all day, it can wait. she then askes why are you texting all the time daddy?.... well, i was speechless. i have no good explanation i was caught red handed. now daddy PCNA, what's YOUR explanation? as to how to improve and reduce frustration of customers.... easy very easy.. today we are making this thing called GT3RS. we are making exactly X units. not X+1 or X-1 or 2X etc. exactly X rules are 918 guys gets first right of refusal then it's first come first serve. and i even would be ok with over msrp IF IT'S TOLD TO THE CUSTOMER BEFORE HAND. say mooty, you can have slot 1 if you paid 20 over. then i say yes or no. personally i am fine with that (others may not be) but what is not acceptable is that a slot is promised to ABC then XYZ comes along and says let me pay you 20 over... then dealer pulls the promised msrp car to ABC and sell it to XYZ at higher amount AFTER the fact. that's not cool. certainly many will not be able to get the X unit of cars to be made. but if the rule is clear. then i think we as grown ups just sign and have a beer than move on. it's like playing a tennis match with your buddy, only one of you can win. but both play the same rule so it's all good. but if you changed the rule when it's set point...... well

I'm with you ...

Some people don't play by the rules.

Some people don't think the rules apply to them.

Some people feel like they can make up the rules as they go.

Some people break the rules because they know there will be no consequences.

Some people feel like they are above the rules.

You can see these unfortunate things played out on a daily basis everyday.

Can I see pics of these earrings??
Old 03-20-2015, 10:15 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And what's a gage?
Old 03-20-2015, 10:33 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
And what's a gage?

Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?