Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 08:59 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks for the sympathetic words.
IMO, the Canadian and US markets are really one for all intents and purposes. Anyhoo, I'm over it. But I am curious to see how quickly the 10 sell. I wouldn't have picked this for one of the three most interesting or popular colours, even though I love it...
At the end of the day you still have a very special car in a very special colour uniquely optioned to your liking. Enjoy in good health

Old 03-23-2015, 12:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

What's up with all these PTS GT3 magically showing up at various stealerships? Did PAG/PCNA lock people out and then sell the PTS ones to stealerships? WTF!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:10 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
What's up with all these PTS GT3 magically showing up at various stealerships? Did PAG/PCNA lock people out and then sell the PTS ones to stealerships? WTF!
I see you refer to the dealerships as stealerships all the time, but yet you always say you hate paying sales tax and don't buy new? I don't get it...why all the hate? They are businesses just like many of us - making a profit on products that are high in demand, low in supply. Like Ferrari, certain watches etc...I just don't get all the hate? If you make a nice relationship with your dealer over time, then you get taken care of. If you buy as an unknown at the end of the line (or production), you have few options and you have to pay over, if you want it badly enough. Nobody is stealing. It is a purely mutual win. I have friends that paid $20k over for a 4.0...they can now sell for $200k over for a used car. Dealer gets none of that. Is that customer a thief because he does not share that good fortune with the dealer?
Old 03-23-2015, 01:23 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Originally Posted by <3mph
I agree. You're right, this would be a lot less special than what PTS currently offers. I guess what it boils down to for me is some people might prefer a much expanded list of standard colours (if it included quite a few of the usual popular PTS colours), over a true paint to sample program that would be limited in availability, take a long time to get approval, and risk you losing the car altogether (like the current program).
i must apologize, my english is worse than my typo.
i did not mean YOUR car is not special. it's a color YOU picked and went through hell and back, it IS SPECIAL. my point was to criticize PCNA PAG. to make something special and personal, should have some rules. sure, the rules and paths may be difficult but has to be transparent. you can't play superbowl and suddenly allow a 5th down.... and declaring PTS moratorium then suddenly PTS cars shows up at dealers... just really upset me and i am sure many others.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:28 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i must apologize, my english is worse than my typo.
i did not mean YOUR car is not special. it's a color YOU picked and went through hell and back, it IS SPECIAL. my point was to criticize PCNA PAG. to make something special and personal, should have some rules. sure, the rules and paths may be difficult but has to be transparent. you can't play superbowl and suddenly allow a 5th down.... and declaring PTS moratorium then suddenly PTS cars shows up at dealers... just really upset me and i am sure many others.
We're cool, mooty. No apology needed, since I didn't perceive any criticism directed my way. And I agree with you on the lack of transparency in the PTS program. Needs fixing!
Old 03-23-2015, 01:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,800 Likes on 2,376 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I agree with the earlier post. that they should go with this system.

1- basic colors no charge ... White, red, yellow, black
2- metallics $3500.. silver, grey, blue, etc
3 - special colors $7k... mexico blue, signal green, speed yellow, etc

I would keep it simple, these may not be the exact colors or numbers but you get the point. A small up charge for metallic colors, but a bigger jump for special colors. Keeps it more exclusive, those that really want will pay. But have a set pallete for each model. Maybe 10 special colors or something like that. That's it. No more pts. But also no more BS.
presumably you didn't do the consulting work with PAG on this PTS issue

pls get on with it and let them know what is right.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:50 AM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
I see you refer to the dealerships as stealerships all the time, but yet you always say you hate paying sales tax and don't buy new? I don't get it...why all the hate? They are businesses just like many of us - making a profit on products that are high in demand, low in supply. Like Ferrari, certain watches etc...I just don't get all the hate? If you make a nice relationship with your dealer over time, then you get taken care of. If you buy as an unknown at the end of the line (or production), you have few options and you have to pay over, if you want it badly enough. Nobody is stealing. It is a purely mutual win. I have friends that paid $20k over for a 4.0...they can now sell for $200k over for a used car. Dealer gets none of that. Is that customer a thief because he does not share that good fortune with the dealer?
^^^^^^this

The other thing, and it's just my opinion about the CA market- in SoCal/NorCal- it's easy to get this- pay out the a$$ or over MSRP (right or wrong). Not trying to start trouble but the weather is near perfect year round or so it seems to me- perfect place for my cars-add the new track/experience in carson coming-miles of great coastline to drive- and some of the most expensive "hoods" that have the coin for these cars.

So if the dealers have it- they will get it.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:03 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Dealers have a bad rep because some of them lie. For example, ask mooty how some dealers like to promise you something and then offer it to someone else instead. Some like to offer you a slot at MSRP, only to sell it to someone else lower on the list for $50k over.

That is why they are called stealerships.

Also, if the car was really worth $50k over across the board, don't you think PAG would set the suggested retail price higher? PAG is not interested in giving charity to their dealer network.

In local markets, some sustain the absurd pricing. And I'm thankful that in some of these markets, there are dealers that refuse to sell above MSRP and understand the meaning of loyalty.

They have my highest respect.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:18 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Dealers have a bad rep because some of them lie. For example, ask mooty how some dealers like to promise you something and then offer it to someone else instead. Some like to offer you a slot at MSRP, only to sell it to someone else lower on the list for $50k over.

That is why they are called stealerships.

Also, if the car was really worth $50k over across the board, don't you think PAG would set the suggested retail price higher? PAG is not interested in giving charity to their dealer network.

In local markets, some sustain the absurd pricing. And I'm thankful that in some of these markets, there are dealers that refuse to sell above MSRP and understand the meaning of loyalty.

They have my highest respect.
Maybe, but I know my dealership got 50 GT3's over its 991 run, and many went to people who were out of market, who called up and bought them, and flew in to pick up, and will not service with them. For all they know, they can be flipping the car for a profit. If not a repeat customer who is looking for a hot car, I totally get the dealership's perspective. That will certainly curb any flipping...if they are paying over sticker for a hot car. I see both sides, but still don't get the stealership label. If they promise and lie, that is another thing, but have not run into that. In that case, obviously (as Mooty has said he has done), shop elsewhere. Perhaps the relationship was not as good as he thought...so better to make a good relationship somewhere where they will treat you right. That is what I did, after working with two other Los Angeles dealerships that did not treat me the way i wanted to be treated. Now I am good.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:25 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

If they promise and lie, that is another thing, but have not run into that. In that case, obviously (as Mooty has said he has done), shop elsewhere.
I have, many times. And I have, as well, taken my loyalty elsewhere.

I agree with you on curbing flipping, I hate flipper almost as much as I hate dealerships that lie and/or list above MSRP.

There are better ways to curb flippers, but PCNA doesn't seem to want to do anything about it.

You know how Ferrari NA and Ferrari S.p.A. does it? They ban you from getting new car allocs.

Ferrari is interesting, to be honest. I don't want Porsche to adopt all their practices, but some of them are honorable.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:34 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,332 Posts

I get that they are in business to make money, they are a business after all. And I'm more than happy to buy a brand new car and pay MSRP for a car that I really want. As you have read, there are dozens of people on here who have bought multiple cars from the same dealer and when a car like a GT3 or RS come along they'll treat that customer worse than an average joe off the street. We all know the buck comes first to most all dealers than maintaining a relationship with a good customer. I too am in sales and I focus on relationships over the buck of the transaction at hand because I believe this saying...."give up a little now, but earn whole lot later."

I call them stealerships because they will lie, cheat, and steal to make a quick buck. I've heard enough stories of dealers having questionable ethnics. Besides the cost part (including sales tax), I buy the seller as much as I buy the car. I've enjoyed the experience of buying several cars (M3s and GT3s) from fellow car forum members who share the same passion that I do. In a way, it's the fault of PAG and PCNA for not keeping their dealers in check and letting them be the evil, ugly kids that they are. I know that there are some good dealers out there, but the bad ones out number them by a wide margin.

And for the record, if I'm going to pay over MSRP I rather it be to a private seller than a dealer.

Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?