Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine1won
McKenna wants 40k over!!
At some point PTS at a premium doesn't make sense...+$40k is waaaay past that point.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:05 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
At some point PTS at a premium doesn't make sense...+$40k is waaaay past that point.
Yup, but someone will pay it.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:02 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, I would be rather pissed if i jumped through all of the hoops to get my PTS color just to find out that there is 10 more of the same color in North America.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Rumor: 30 or so PTS overrun. Signal, fashion, arena. Distributed to dealers, not sure on total to US. Cars spec'ed by Porsche. Is that news?
Yes, it is news. Why don't you tell us more of what you know....Tejas Ranger!

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Maybe these dealers agreed to take a couple Porsche Pigs, aka the Panamera Executive models, in exchange for a PTS GT3. Porsche reportedly can't give away those cars and the sales incentives haven't helped. I suspect these PTS GT3 rewards were given to dealers who really delivered on their numbers, or who moved extra slow selling units. Porsche is making a big push for 200,000 units, and the dealer network figures prominently in this drive.

While I agree with Mooty on a purely marketing, brand image and PR basis; throwing these incentive, high-spec PTS units at dealers that are exceeding their targets, results in incremental gains measured in millions, not thousands.
That is NOT why these dealers were selected to receive these last PTS gt3's. We now know the reason and it is NOT that these dealers 'delivered on their numbers' or 'moved slow selling units'. And definitely not because they agreed to take on some additional Panamera porkers! That would be almost understandable. But its something else.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I find this whole thing very intriguing. I am interested Eduardo's findings
More on the what & why to surface soon!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

this....

if you look at the builds- they are similiar (i.e. the car at Rusnak, Mckenna, BH) all are similiary specd' and all are PTS
Old 03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Is it because these dealers bid on these slots in some sort of auction?

Give us a hint man; don't leave us hanging all weekend. Is it something scandalous?

Oh wait, I've got it. Porsche needed to test new PTS operations, and what better way than to do a run of PTS GT3s. WIN WIN
Old 03-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

meant to say what Ranger 22 had said.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

the signal green coming to McKenna and Signal Green coming to BH are identical builds- as is the blue at Rusnak.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:41 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, it is news. Why don't you tell us more of what you know....Tejas Ranger!

That is NOT why these dealers were selected to receive these last PTS gt3's. We now know the reason and it is NOT that these dealers 'delivered on their numbers' or 'moved slow selling units'. And definitely not because they agreed to take on some additional Panamera porkers! That would be almost understandable. But its something else.

More on the what & why to surface soon!

Saludos,
Eduardo
I was offered the Arena Red BH car a few weeks ago - was tempted but have an RS coming, and am planning on keeping my GT3. The Arena car coming to BH even has personalized sills with Kills Bugs Fast! Very cool on an Arena car. Build is pretty good, I was impressed. Confirmed build was by Porsche, not a dealer. Extra allocation, and a surprise. Dealer was apparently not consulted on builds. Definitely an interesting development. I am not sure if the car is sold, but I passed as my wife already thinks I am nuts with the cars we have/are getting.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Racingutoo
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JCBH
I was offered the Arena Red BH car a few weeks ago - was tempted but have an RS coming, and am planning on keeping my GT3. The Arena car coming to BH even has personalized sills with Kills Bugs Fast! Very cool on an Arena car. Build is pretty good, I was impressed. Confirmed build was by Porsche, not a dealer. Extra allocation, and a surprise. Dealer was apparently not consulted on builds. Definitely an interesting development. I am not sure if the car is sold, but I passed as my wife already thinks I am nuts with the cars we have/are getting.

the Arena Red is nice. They also have a Jet Black coming as well.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine1won
Sounds like the dealers that made the expensive trip over to Germany for an event got some last minute bonus cars...
You know, if that actually nets something, I'll gladly go on behalf of my dealer to secure them some last minute bonus allocations of limited production cars.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:04 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Racingutoo
this....

if you look at the builds- they are similiar (i.e. the car at Rusnak, Mckenna, BH) all are similiary specd' and all are PTS
Originally Posted by Racingutoo
meant to say what Ranger 22 had said.
Yes, there were dots reported here and there. But connecting the dots...that was the difficult part!

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Is it because these dealers bid on these slots in some sort of auction?

Give us a hint man; don't leave us hanging all weekend. Is it something scandalous?
No, it's not an internal P-dealer auction. And it's not scandalous like taking bribes or arranging for call girls. They had their reasons for choosing these lucky dealers and we will explain all of that.

The scandalous part, if you care to call it that, is that PAG declared a moratorium on all MY2015 PTS new orders starting last Fall and now these multiple PTS gt3's appear out of the woodwork. Then PCNA hands out these PTS allocations to dealers without first contacting existing gt3 customers that asked them for PTS gt3's (like djcxxx, Mr. Sullivan, NateOZ, Mooty, AC Sato, Montoya and others). These guys would have been very happy to trade their standard color MY2015 gt3's (which they already received) and probably take a small loss to switch into a PTS gt3.

And to add insult to injury, PCNA doesn't do anything to prevent SOME of these dealers from taking advantage of this articial scarcity of PTS to charge their customers a hefty premium for access to these PTS cars. Free enterprise & markets I understand. But this is not that! This is a manipulated market. PAG created a scarce product (PTS gt3's) via the moratorium it put in effect last Fall. And now these PTS gt3's are allowed to flow out. Let's take the latter at face value & give PAG the benefit of the doubt and say they were able to master whatever technical or logistic problem prevented from doing a large number of PTS, hence the moratorium. Fine. But unless you warn dealers that price gouging of its customers will not seen in a positive light (and PCNA has ways to let them know this without crossing the line since dealers are independent businesses), some will take advantage of the situation! And if you don't believe me, look at what Rusnak Pasadena is asking for their allocated PTS gt3 - $40,000 over MSRP!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-19-2015, 10:05 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wondering if there are any extra PTS built going to the bigger dealers in Canada?
Old 03-19-2015, 11:38 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 174 Posts

Im I upset I lost out on PTS for my GT3, yes! Would I gladly trade or sell my GT3 for a Signal Green PTS at a reasonable price, hell yes!

Am I upset at the way these "bonus" PTS allocations came out when we mere mortals can't spec or order one- damn right!

You know, thanks to Eduardo, I lined everything up correctly on my GT3 order for PTS- made the connection with Porsche Exclusive, made sure my allocation was in October (that cost me some money BTW), and waited for the confirmation that never came. Yes, it stings a little when I went through a lot of effort and real money to get an order lined up only to be told, not now and not ever for this gen GT3.

I love my GT3, but I hate the PTS charade that Porsche plays!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:25 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was also caught up in the pts debacle. I was offered an arena red car which led me to finding out about the 30 cars. None of them wil have lightweight buckets. Cars will be here in May.

I know I will be receiving some awesome news on a car shortly. It's going to be awesome. I'm ready!

Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?