Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 11:25 AM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh, thanks
Wondered what those were called. Seen some huge ones.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:16 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Looks at all these hipsters with their knowledge of gags or whatever
Old 03-20-2015, 01:04 PM
electron mike
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 277 Posts

Just heard from Rusnak, they are getting a mexico blue GT3 and want 40k over MSRP! I had to pass, unless they include a boxster for that price. LOL.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
offer 40k under msrp with a straight face. when they look at you like youre insane tell them you felt the same way
That's a good one!
Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by electron mike
Just heard from Rusnak, they are getting a mexico blue GT3 and want 40k over MSRP! I had to pass, unless they include a boxster for that price. LOL.
col·or-blind
adjective
unable to distinguish certain colors, or (rarely in humans) any colors at all.

Be careful - I make it a general rule NOT to buy a PTS vehicle from a dealer that appears to be 'color blind'. If this doesn't make much sense to you now, it will shortly.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 03-20-2015, 01:34 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
fair question.
it's capitalism and most p car buyers are beneficiaries of capitalism, which must be differentiated from greed.... i am sure everyone knows what that means.

PAG sells to PCNA to dealer... while they cannot control dealers, they can IMPLY what dealers must do, and if they fail to do, slap their hands and they already do so... when i buy a car out of state and take to CA (a state with a coast) and being asian, i have been asked to sign a document to "not export the car to asia".... i asked why does the selling dealer care. a car sold is a pot of money made. they replied mother ship forces them to do it. well, so what. what if the selling dealer just show PAG PCNA the longer finger on their hand. no not the ring finger... they wont be getting allocations... so you see. mother ship does control that.

you noticed every porsche dealership have same architecure (if you can call it that). why? b/c mothership mandates that. i asked the dealer what if you mooned the mothership and continue selling porsche out of a sh*thole. they said that the franchise will be pulled. again mothership has control over dealers.

while legally pcna can't do anything, their are implied risks. when i was a banker, i dont wear my gage or 9 ear rings to work. while there's nothing they can do to me, i know what i can and cannot do b/c the IMPLIED rules. so again, PCNA PAG can used the IMPLIED RULE OR THREAT and get dealers to perform.

all above was my inelegant way of saying that PAG PCNA should watch what mark up is being charged. b/c while it's captialism at work, the random upcharge causes bad taste in upset customers and one bad mouth is enough to destroy their $20MM advertising campaign....

ok, forge the mark up for now.

how to distribute the car. i dont pretend the world is fair. i am too old for that garbage that i tell my 5 yo. but rules should be transparent.

a 918 owner has certain privileges and that's spelled out clearly in the 918 campaign pack. so while i am not thrilled with the "unfairness" i know that if i shut up worked harder made more $ bought a 918, i shall have such privilege. then that's fine with me. it was my incompetence that led to lack of such privilege no prob with that.

but when the "rules" are not clear. that leads to chaos.

PTS was in moratorium. no more PTS. then suddenly PTS shows up....
make it simpler. i tell my 5yo no ice cream. too much sugar tonight. he goes to bed. i start digging into ben and jerry. he comes down stairs after peeing then sees daddy swallowing ice cream by the gallon..... ugh... how do you explain to the kid.... really how do you explain it?

i text while drive. i tell my daughter do not text all day, it can wait. she then askes why are you texting all the time daddy?.... well, i was speechless. i have no good explanation i was caught red handed.

now daddy PCNA, what's YOUR explanation?

as to how to improve and reduce frustration of customers....
easy very easy..

today we are making this thing called GT3RS.
we are making exactly X units. not X+1 or X-1 or 2X etc. exactly X
rules are 918 guys gets first right of refusal then it's first come first serve. and i even would be ok with over msrp IF IT'S TOLD TO THE CUSTOMER BEFORE HAND. say mooty, you can have slot 1 if you paid 20 over. then i say yes or no. personally i am fine with that (others may not be) but what is not acceptable is that a slot is promised to ABC then XYZ comes along and says let me pay you 20 over... then dealer pulls the promised msrp car to ABC and sell it to XYZ at higher amount AFTER the fact. that's not cool.

certainly many will not be able to get the X unit of cars to be made. but if the rule is clear. then i think we as grown ups just sign and have a beer than move on. it's like playing a tennis match with your buddy, only one of you can win. but both play the same rule so it's all good. but if you changed the rule when it's set point...... well
I agree 100%. While it is no Porsche when I bought my Boss 302 Ford clearly spelled out how allocation process worked and how many would be built. Hopefully they will do same for GT350. This leads to clear expectations. This Porsche lack of clarity is BS. Sometimes dealers don't know much more. Salesman where I have my GT4 deposit said a few years ago there was a special edition of Boxster. Don't remember exactly what it was. How did salesman find out about it. It came off the truck. Sounds messed up to me. YMMV
Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Agree!

Ditto what Mooty said.......so sad.
Also waiting for the final details of the investigation.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:52 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

I think at this point in time and experience it's safe to say that the rules are whatever Porsche says they are until they are something else. I've had more than my fill of the PTS game. Turned down twice, first time for a color that is now standard, not even exclusive to the RS. and second time because it wasn't going to be offered anymore for the 991 GT3, but wait there will be 30 un ordered GT3s with a PTS of Porsche choice coming months after the ordering customers were blown off. H*ll w/ it.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:08 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by electron mike
As Mr T would say, "I pity the fool!"
Old 03-20-2015, 07:30 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
col·or-blind
adjective
unable to distinguish certain colors, or (rarely in humans) any colors at all.

Be careful - I make it a general rule NOT to buy a PTS vehicle from a dealer that appears to be 'color blind'. If this doesn't make much sense to you now, it will shortly.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Yes, these color blind dealers only see one color clearly.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm a huge Porsche fanboy, but you know McLaren doesn't have any of these problems with their MSO program. (McLaren Special Operations)

I can get practically anything I want, on their numbered production cars, limited production cars, and unlimited production cars.

It makes me sad for Porsche, and my addiction to Porsche.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:54 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
offer 40k under msrp with a straight face.

when they look at you like youre insane tell them you felt the same way
+1
Old 03-21-2015, 12:37 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
As Mr T would say, "I pity the fool!"
Lol I pity the fool (Rusnak) who believes it's Mexico blue.

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Yes, these color blind dealers only see one color clearly.
Indeed.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,690 Likes on 2,338 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
I'm a huge Porsche fanboy, but you know McLaren doesn't have any of these problems with their MSO program. (McLaren Special Operations)

I can get practically anything I want, on their numbered production cars, limited production cars, and unlimited production cars.

wow, of all things brits are now smarter than german....
that's NOT going to go well.
you just started WWIII....
Old 03-21-2015, 10:23 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenLantern

That's because McLaren can hardly sell their cars as is, so they will be happy to do anything to move a unit or two...and that's the honest answer. Porsche on the other hand has WAY more demand than supply (or perceived) so they can do whatever the hell they want (which I don't like BTW).

Quick Reply: Have any of you been offered a late MY2015 allocation gt3 in PTS 'Fashion Grey'?