Sponsored by:

Orthojoe's track build journal

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 01:55 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
That's no good at all. Yeah, I'd be happy to meet up some time. I'll be at MRLS on 5/22. When are you out at the track next? We can also meet up some weekend.
TH 5/7-8
MRLS 5/24
TH 6/6-7
TH 6/12
Old 04-22-2015, 01:03 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
TH 5/7-8
MRLS 5/24
TH 6/6-7
TH 6/12
Doh!
I can't do 5/8 because of my son's little league game (the only thing I enjoy going to more than track days)

I'm signing off of TMR and NCRC track days, so 5/24 is out. Too many bad experiences recently. Last Friday at TMR was nuts. Track was littered with spec E30 and miatas dropping parts on the ground, hood flying off the car, dropping oil, catching fire.

Could be tempted to do 6/6 or 7, but it's only one week before 6/12.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:04 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

BTW, for anyone interested, I've rented the east side 3 mile thunderhill course on Friday 6/12. This is a private event. No novices. Experienced drivers only. No run groups. Drive all day long until you are tired and want to go home. This is a 'mooty' style event. Limit of 30 cars. $450 to register. PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:14 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Doh!
I can't do 5/8 because of my son's little league game (the only thing I enjoy going to more than track days)

I'm signing off of TMR and NCRC track days, so 5/24 is out. Too many bad experiences recently. Last Friday at TMR was nuts. Track was littered with spec E30 and miatas dropping parts on the ground, hood flying off the car, dropping oil, catching fire.

I've only had good experiences with NCRC. What happened with them? My only issue is they don't run the 5 mile.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:41 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 623 Likes on 381 Posts

Doh!

Hey Joe how about 5/9-5/10 Thunderhill at the Auditron event? Only four 20 minute sessions per day, but a nice safe club. I'll be there then.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 AM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Hey Joe do you know what the brake fluid volume need is for a full flush of all 4 corners?
You want to suck out as much fluid as you can from the reservoir before you start bleeding. Fill it up with a fresh fluid and than bleed them. Once the level goes down you know you got it flushed and just add more fluid as needed.

You should try Endless RF650. A much better option than Motul RBF600 or 660.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:15 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Hey Joe how about 5/9-5/10 Thunderhill at the Auditron event? Only four 20 minute sessions per day, but a nice safe club. I'll be there then.
Ooo. Would be interested in trying out another group, but I've got a game on 5/9 as well and 5/10 is Mother's Day.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:39 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I've only had good experiences with NCRC. What happened with them? My only issue is they don't run the 5 mile.
Their season opener ended up with 3 totaled cars. Over the years, I've found that their policing of people running in the appropriate run groups continues to degrade. The popularity of the hobby continues to grow, and with that, so does the number of yahoos that show up. Solo and point by are particularly erratic, IMO. Open has been ok in my experience, but not all my buddies can run in open. Unfortunately, I find myself boxed into HOD, PCA, and private events at this point. I'd like to give speedSF a shot, and I'm also looking into the feasability of buying out entire run groups for just friends to run together to minimize the 'riff raff' effect.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Their season opener ended up with 3 totaled cars. Over the years, I've found that their policing of people running in the appropriate run groups continues to degrade. The popularity of the hobby continues to grow, and with that, so does the number of yahoos that show up. Solo and point by are particularly erratic, IMO. Open has been ok in my experience, but not all my buddies can run in open. Unfortunately, I find myself boxed into HOD, PCA, and private events at this point. I'd like to give speedSF a shot, and I'm also looking into the feasability of buying out entire run groups for just friends to run together to minimize the 'riff raff' effect.
Have you tried CFRA? They've been pretty solid in my experience so far. Sponsored invite only to a first event, then voting into the club after the event. They only have point by group, open passing group, and race group.

I'll be testing my GPS-based PSE controller at their Laguna event on 5/15. $225 for 2.5 hours of track time.
Old 04-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by doba_s
You want to suck out as much fluid as you can from the reservoir before you start bleeding. Fill it up with a fresh fluid and than bleed them. Once the level goes down you know you got it flushed and just add more fluid as needed.

You should try Endless RF650. A much better option than Motul RBF600 or 660.
Thanks for the recommendation! I have some extra bottles of Torque RT700 I was going to try swapping in. Maybe I'll try Endless after that.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:13 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Have you tried CFRA? They've been pretty solid in my experience so far. Sponsored invite only to a first event, then voting into the club after the event. They only have point by group, open passing group, and race group.

I'll be testing my GPS-based PSE controller at their Laguna event on 5/15. $225 for 2.5 hours of track time.
Actually, I would like to give CFRA a try this year. I'll take a look at their schedule
Old 04-22-2015, 03:44 PM
ggt3guy
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Joe,

I'm new to Rennlist (been lurking for the last 12 months while waiting on my car - white 2015 GT3 with LWB). I'd be very interested to join you on June 12 at THill. I just got back from Thill this weekend running with NASA and desperately need another fix. Do you have any openings left? I'm running HPDE 4 at NASA however my THill times are definitely slower than a lot of you guys. I've been running an E36 M3 the last few years and still getting used to the rediculous power this car has.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:51 PM
doba_s
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

SpeedSF is a good group to run with. A lot of fast guys
Old 04-22-2015, 04:25 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Actually, I would like to give CFRA a try this year. I'll take a look at their schedule
I've been interested for a while, but haven't met anyone who invited others. I'm not sure how I feel about that style of exclusion.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:52 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

I've been interested for a while, but haven't met anyone who invited others. I'm not sure how I feel about that style of exclusion.
Frankly the more exclusive the better.

Dont like
1. People who think its a race and drive 10/10s in their miata and dont let me around them
2. People who drive $300k Scud and are doing 5 mph around corners

If vetting removes these people color me interested

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's track build journal