Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 01:14 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Track precision app wifi q

Searched on this and even called the dealer, maybe someone can help me

It says to connect with password of

GTx and the VIN. So I am having issues. Is it all caps except for the x, is the x actually a 3. Is it WP zero or WP "O". (Pretty sure it's a zero)

Any other hints?
Old 01-17-2015, 01:18 PM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let us know when you have it up and running.

I'm not sure anyone has really got it to work--and I'd love to know what it really does.

Mine came with it, so curious to know before it gets here.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is actually GTx (lower case x) and not 3. Also WP0 and not O. As a side note, I tried to connect at the track and it wouldn't connect regaurdless of how many times I put the password. I went back home and it worked first time I entered the password. Looks like there is too much WiFi interference at the track. I had the same issue with wifi on my GoPro at the track.
Old 01-17-2015, 02:28 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Okay got it working, made a track out of my next door neighborhood (mine has speed humps). Taped three laps and it worked great, now trying to figure out how the heck to export the video from iPhone. Might have to do this on android only
Old 01-17-2015, 02:43 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

and one more step in the puzzle.

all the files are stored in iOS under iTunes, then go to Apps when your phone is plugged in, then scroll way down to App Data, click on the Precision app and you will see the files.

here's the catch so far, if you run the .MOV file, it doesn't do the overlay. looking at the Circuit Tools app from Vbox to see if I can combine the data.

On the phone if you watch the video it is cool,the overlays are fantastic.

eventually I'll puzzle this all out and publish an FAQ that is not written by some German guy without the least bit of computer knowledge...
Old 01-17-2015, 02:57 PM
Toprpm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DucatiSPS
and one more step in the puzzle.

all the files are stored in iOS under iTunes, then go to Apps when your phone is plugged in, then scroll way down to App Data, click on the Precision app and you will see the files.

here's the catch so far, if you run the .MOV file, it doesn't do the overlay. looking at the Circuit Tools app from Vbox to see if I can combine the data.

On the phone if you watch the video it is cool,the overlays are fantastic.

eventually I'll puzzle this all out and publish an FAQ that is not written by some German guy without the least bit of computer knowledge...
I used it on android. it did record video. but no overlays. yet, in app its didnt recored any lap or info. this ofc after custem made a track.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:02 PM
shentca
6th Gear

and one more step in the puzzle. all the files are stored in iOS under iTunes, then go to Apps when your phone is plugged in, then scroll way down to App Data, click on the Precision app and you will see the files. here's the catch so far, if you run the .MOV file, it doesn't do the overlay. looking at the Circuit Tools app from Vbox to see if I can combine the data. On the phone if you watch the video it is cool,the overlays are fantastic. eventually I'll puzzle this all out and publish an FAQ that is not written by some German guy without the least bit of computer knowledge...
I can't figure out how to export the video with overlays either. I've used Harrys laptimer a lot and there's an option to export with the overlays but I can't find that option in the porsche app.
I've also found that the porsche app doesn't seem to use the video function to its best capacity, at least on the iPhone anyway. Harrys laptimer produces very good video, but the video from the Porsche app appears very washed out in sunlight.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:06 PM
DucatiSPS
Racer

Originally Posted by shentca
I can't figure out how to export the video with overlays either. I've used Harrys laptimer a lot and there's an option to export with the overlays but I can't find that option in the porsche app.
I've also found that the porsche app doesn't seem to use the video function to its best capacity, at least on the iPhone anyway. Harrys laptimer produces very good video, but the video from the Porsche app appears very washed out in sunlight.
noticed that as well, it was very washed out.
Old 01-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
It is actually GTx (lower case x) and not 3. Also WP0 and not O. As a side note, I tried to connect at the track and it wouldn't connect regaurdless of how many times I put the password. I went back home and it worked first time I entered the password. Looks like there is too much WiFi interference at the track. I had the same issue with wifi on my GoPro at the track.
Porsche better fix this or refund our option cost if it doesn't work!
Old 01-17-2015, 03:32 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,804 Likes on 5,157 Posts

Searched on this and even called the dealer, maybe someone can help me

It says to connect with password of

GTx and the VIN. So I am having issues. Is it all caps except for the x, is the x actually a 3. Is it WP zero or WP "O". (Pretty sure it's a zero)

Any other hints?
X = your VIN

I've been playing with it around the 'hood and it's ok. I suppose for die hard track rats this is a cool app/feature.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:33 PM
gmike911
Track Day

I got it to work. The video quality was very good (using iPhone 6+) and the playback on the phone was great. Exported under every format offered and could not get the video to play. Loaded the app on my iPad, opened the file, and the video wouldn't run on it either.
Has anyone figured out how to transfer the video to any other device?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have to trigger it with the stalk after every lap?
Old 02-28-2015, 12:56 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Do you have to trigger it with the stalk after every lap?
With the dash display, yes.
With the app on your phone, no
Old 02-28-2015, 12:57 PM
gmike911
Track Day

Yes, I triggered it on each lap.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:57 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by gmike911
I got it to work. The video quality was very good (using iPhone 6+) and the playback on the phone was great. Exported under every format offered and could not get the video to play. Loaded the app on my iPad, opened the file, and the video wouldn't run on it either. Has anyone figured out how to transfer the video to any other device?
Not possible

Quick Reply: Track precision app wifi q