Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 PCCB Replacement rotors are finally here

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:36 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Again though, RB will refurbish tor pccb for not much $ correct?
Old 02-18-2015, 08:58 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=997tt2_brakes

Here 15k. A few weeks ago they had them for 12k.

I remember seeing them somewhere else for 9k. I think that was a short time special. Is there any difference between 997 and 991 PCCB? They appear the same.
Price was based on the quote from Suncoast upon my inquiry because 991 GT3 pccb was not listed on their website.

The link you provided is for 2006-2012 911 Turbo with rotor size of 380x34 front; 350x34 rear, while 991 GT3 is 410x36/390x32 quite different in size so is the price.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:37 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Again though, RB will refurbish tor pccb for not much $ correct?
True, the refurbishing cost would be about $400-450 per rotor excluding shipping and handling.

"Money2536" gave his reasons why he was paying $9,210 for his pccb option:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11736383
This was an absolute must for me, the detail freak. The steel brakes on the C2S were driving me crazy. It’s so darn humid here that the rotors were almost always rusty. This meant my wheels were always covered in orange dust which means I would twitch every time my car wasn’t washed for two days. I will say they still squeak at times just like the steel, but man do they look good and stay clean! Oh, and the pedal feel is nothing like I’ve ever experienced in a car. They are just fantastic in every facet other than the price.

For Red caliper upgrade, we can develop a pccb kit with rotor size same as stock or 390/380, assume they can fit 19" wheels and that can also allow you to run smaller (cheaper) tire.

The package cost can be reduced by about $1,000 for 4 rotors at around $13K.

Is this something close to what you are looking for?
Old 02-19-2015, 10:13 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here is the weight comparison chart for different 991 and RB two piece:

RB caliper kit with 390x34 front and 390x30 rear iron kit is very similar to what we offer for Nissan GT-R and Corvette C06 ZR1 (Iron replacement).

This set up is recommended for someone who are more into track or competition racing.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 02-19-2015 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:38 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Learn our complete RB brake system with iron rotor kit (390x34 / 390x30) for GT3 (to swap with your pccb or standard brake) in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11848963
Old 02-27-2015, 10:50 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Members are interested in learning more about the CCM rotor (RB/ST rotors only, no OE pccb) refurbishment, here is a summary of procedure.
  1. CCM rotor refurbishment is a combination of both chemical and mechanical processes.

2. This processes involves removing the damaged (typically oxidized) surface and rebuild with a protective new surface layer.

3. There is a limit to the number of times any disc can be refurbished, which is dictated by the minimum thickness at the end of the process. The worse/deeper the damage to the disc, and hence the deeper the repair, then this will adversely affect the number of times the discs may be refurbished.

4. A refurbished disc will have the same ‘life expectancy’ and performance as the original disc.

5. All discs are checked on receipt to confirm if they are suitable for refurbishment.

6. Disc quality is assured before they are returned to customer.

7. Rotor hats are checked for conformance and replaced if necessary before assembly.

8. Rotor assemblies are then rebuilt with all new hardware (fasteners).
Disc refurbishment will be performed by Surface Transforms in Liverpool, UK. Inspection, dis-assembly and final assembly (with new hardware) will be handled in our facility in Fullerton, CA.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 02-27-2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:24 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Default Compelte Brake Offer for 991 GT3

Here is the brake replacement & upgrade option for your GT3, whether you have pccb or standard brake, center lock or 5-lug, track or street, you can find one fits you, or tell us.

You can type the kit# in the search box on our website and see details of the kit.

http://www.racingbrake.com/category-s/7200.htm

Last edited by RacingBrake; 03-12-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:49 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Fresh testimonials just came in from GT-R drivers at COTA

RB Calipers vs. OE

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/393...e-3#entry61149

Complete brake kit (RB caliper & RB/ST CCM rotors)

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/393...otors/?p=61196

This plus more feedbacks from other racers running the same kits can change your understanding about CCM is not made for track racing and RB is proud of leading this development for such an exciting new brake technology.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/393...otors/?p=61196
Old 03-17-2015, 11:20 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Here are some update on RB/ST rotors being tested on COTA, good discussion for those who like to follow how ST rotors performed on tracks other than stock pccb and outside Porsche community.

Some very encouraging feedback on RB's prototype brake pads for CCM rotors reported by "werks" running ZR1.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/362...discs/?p=62372
Old 03-17-2015, 09:02 PM
gled
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great thread, want to move it to the top. We were at a track day at the Ridge with our 981 with PCCB's and ran into a guy with a AMG Merc 63 with Ceramics. He notice quite a difference between our brakes. His calipers were marked AMG Carbon Ceramics. The visual difference was our Gen 2 rotors, that look like a fabric surface with Min thickness listed. The Merc rotors were just like GT3's with the crack/check/look and Min weight measurement instead of Thickness. And all the rotors have different weights, which no one here has said much about that. The service information book says a special tool is used to determine rotor condition, probably surface density or something. When I held a 410mm rotor in my hands it really looks like some surface barrier coating. Someone also mentioned a surface hardening or treatment. Just some observations. Gordon
Old 04-07-2015, 01:42 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Track result of second track day at COTA with RB/ST rotors on GT-R was reported.

Pad wear is good and caliper temperature is low while debating the accuracy of braking temperature shown by Genesis temperature paint.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/362...-11#entry65700

"7racer" owns the first complete CCM brake set up for heavy tracking equipped with RB/ST CCM-X rotors and RB calipers.

GT-R is known for brake issue due to its weight and speed. RB is working very closely with GT-R community to come up with an optimal solution for track CCM brakes.

Another thread where Shawn is testing his CCM brake set up with ZR1 rotors.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/393...otors/?p=64492
Old 04-07-2015, 04:49 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically if we have steel brakes on our GT3, we can retrofit it with 390mm carbon brakes with just a spacer for the OE caliper???
Did that make sense?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:55 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

We offered two CCM upgrade set up:

390/390mm - This is the same combination as the latest Corvette C7 ZR1

410/390mm - Same as pccb

Both kits are designed to use OE red calipers with spacers and longer bolts for a 100% bolt on installation.

These CCM brakes for Porsche GT3 are offered by RB in collaboration with Surface Transforms in UK who supplied the discs.

RB is a US brake company based in Fullerton, CA. We offer a complete brake upgrade and maintenance service, including future disc re-surfacing, replacement hardware, disc, brake pads, calipers upgrade and caliper rebuild.

We don't just sell the parts, we have resource and knowledge on the latest CCM brake technology, and we work with highly experienced track drivers from ZR1 and GT-R communities for their feedback and continuing improvement.

We firmly believe CCM brake is a new technology with various benefits over traditional iron brake for all of us to enjoy; no matter it's for street driving or track task, but with two major concerns: Cost and durability.

We committed to providing the full service and support to CCM brakes especially for track racing, and hope with a better understanding and proper use of relevant components, the life can be well extended to justify the higher cost, and CCM become more welcome by consumers like you, and with your supports it shall help to bring the cost down.

This is a challenging goal and we want to work with you to achieve it.

We are looking to sponsor two Porsche hard core track racers who are interested (or have been skeptical on CCM) in helping the community to test the products, one will run with ZR1 discs, and one with ST discs similar to what we have arranged on GT-R.

Preferred candidates s/b highly experienced track drivers (at least 12 more track days a year), and have been out-broken all kind of brake set up.

Please PM or email us your resume.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:23 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake

We are looking to sponsor two Porsche hard core track racers who are interested (or have been skeptical on CCM) in helping the community to test the products, one will run with ZR1 discs, and one with ST discs similar to what we have arranged on GT-R.

Preferred candidates s/b highly experienced track drivers (at least 12 more track days a year), and have been out-broken all kind of brake set up.

Please PM or email us your resume.
I knew my ears were burning! Fits my description to a tee.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:48 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

My car wont get here for a long time, but that would be a fun test on a 2016RS!

If you are up for worst case scenario testing, I usually get in 12 days before at Sebring before February :-)

I think the new PDK cars will be much harder on the brakes, heavier, faster and easier to ram the pedal without heel n toe.

The 997RS brakes were already on the limit, even with extra cooling ducts through the front and Nava ducts through the bottom. Not sure how much extra braking quality the 991 steel has..

Quick Reply: 991 PCCB Replacement rotors are finally here