RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Click below to see our updated brake offer for 991:

Old 10-24-2018, 07:18 PM
Jon H
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 105 Posts

So if I wanted to replace the PCCB rotors on my 997.1 GT3 I could chose either of the following options -

1) Get new discs from ST (and appropriate pads) and re-use the Porsche hats & hardware.

2) Get complete rotors from RB, consisting of ST discs with RB hats & hardware (and appropriate pads).

Correct?
Old 10-24-2018, 07:26 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Jon,
If you go with Surface Transforms the rotors come with their own hats and hardware - no matter who you buy them from. You can't use the hardware and hats off of the stock PCCBs.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:01 PM
Jon H
Racer

Received 245 Likes on 105 Posts

Got it, thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 PM
poison123
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Was it ever answered if you can refurbish OEM PCCB's?
Old 10-25-2018, 11:43 AM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by poison123
Was it ever answered if you can refurbish OEM PCCB's?
We do not offer refurbishing for pccb. Although we did handle a few refurbishing orders for GTR customers who purchased ST rotors through AP/Stillen; by disassembling the rotor hats and re-assemble them after refurbished by ST, but based on the feedback from those customers (All are serious track guys), the result (durability) was not as satisfactory as expected, so we never handle 2nd refurbishing work.

RacingBrake has developed sintered brake pads*exclusively for CCM rotors, which has proven can heal the damaged (pitted) CCM rotor surface due to oxidization - A more cost effective and practical way than "refurbishing", just replacing the pads and those pads will do the refurbishing for you without even having to remove your rotors.

It's even better if RB sintered pad is used when CCM rotors are new which can lay a protective coating on rotor surface that not only it can prevent the rotor from oxidization, but can help to dissipate heat faster (metallic surface) than the rotor original material.

You can learn from Dave Donohue's experience on how RB sintered pads worked for his Pikes Peak Racing here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...no-cost-5.html

High & consistent COF than Pagid RSC or Endless W007:
XC-40: 0.58 - 0.60
XC-41: 0.63 - 0.65
Old 10-25-2018, 11:49 AM
poison123
Banned

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
We do not offer refurbishing for pccb. Although we did handle a few refurbishing orders for GTR customers who purchased ST rotors through AP/Stillen; by disassembling the rotor hats and re-assemble them after refurbished by ST, but based on the feedback from those customers (All are serious track guys), the result (durability) was not as satisfactory as expected, so we never handle 2nd refurbishing work.

RacingBrake has developed sintered brake pads*exclusively for CCM rotors, which has proven can heal the damaged (pitted) CCM rotor surface due to oxidization - A more cost effective and practical way than "refurbishing", just replacing the pads and those pads will do the refurbishing for you without even having to remove your rotors.

It's even better if RB sintered pad is used when CCM rotors are new which can lay a protective coating on rotor surface that not only it can prevent the rotor from oxidization, but can help to dissipate heat faster (metallic surface) than the rotor original material.

You can learn from Dave Donohue's experience on how RB sintered pads worked for his Pikes Peak Racing here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...no-cost-5.html

High & consistent COF than Pagid RSC or Endless W007:
XC-40: 0.58 - 0.60
XC-41: 0.63 - 0.65
Interesting so those would work even with OEM PCCB's then? I'm curious whats the cost on the pads? If I pull the trigger on this 14' GT3 that comes with PCCB's these sound like a good investment to immediately put on the car.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:20 PM
marchitect
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Poison, I'm not an expert but I've been looking into this for a while. Maybe I can help. For what you are inquiring about, take PCCBs out of the equation. PCCB's can't be resurfaced or self healed with special pads. PCCBs are done once their life is determined to be finished - although that could be 10 years if only street driving. Surface Transforms are a different animal. Their rotors are manufactured in a very different way than our factory PCCBs (lot's of literature on this). Look at fine china, fine cutlery, tools, etc. The manufacturing process can make a big difference on the overall quality and longevity of a component. Pads that heal damaged rotors, Carbon-Cermaic rotors that can be refinished and things along these lines, are limited to only Surface Transforms rotors from what I can gather - at least in the consumer Porsche world. This is because ST is manufacturing their rotors in a very different way than the vast majority of other Carbon Ceramic rotors on the market. When it comes to Porsche, I think you only have 2 carbon ceramic options: Original PCCB's or rotors manufactured by ST. Now, please note, there are a few vendors where you can get ST rotors compatible with 991 GT3 center lock wheels. The two that I know of are Autoquest and RacingBrake. I think they are both very active here on Rennlist. RacingBrake is the OP of this thread.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 PM
poison123
Banned

Originally Posted by marchitect
Poison, I'm not an expert but I've been looking into this for a while. Maybe I can help. For what you are inquiring about, take PCCBs out of the equation. PCCB's can't be resurfaced or self healed with special pads. PCCBs are done once their life is determined to be finished - although that could be 10 years if only street driving. Surface Transforms are a different animal. Their rotors are manufactured in a very different way than our factory PCCBs (lot's of literature on this). Look at fine china, fine cutlery, tools, etc. The manufacturing process can make a big difference on the overall quality and longevity of a component. Pads that heal damaged rotors, Carbon-Cermaic rotors that can be refinished and things along these lines, are limited to only Surface Transforms rotors from what I can gather - at least in the consumer Porsche world. This is because ST is manufacturing their rotors in a very different way than the vast majority of other Carbon Ceramic rotors on the market. When it comes to Porsche, I think you only have 2 carbon ceramic options: Original PCCB's or rotors manufactured by ST. Now, please note, there are a few vendors where you can get ST rotors compatible with 991 GT3 center lock wheels. The two that I know of are Autoquest and RacingBrake. I think they are both very active here on Rennlist. RacingBrake is the OP of this thread.
Thanks. I'll probably just swap out the PCCB's to some RB Iron's after I pick up the car this weekend.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:22 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Default CCB Rotors for 2018+ Jeep G-C Trackhawk

RB is shipping its Carbon Ceramic Rotors for Jeep Trackhawk (2018) which is the most powerful SUV on earth (707 HP) and equipped with the largest Brembo 6 piston calipers ever installed in a stock car.

Carbon Ceramic Rotors (Upgrading from iron rotors):

400x36mm (vs.OE 33 lbs iron rotor)

Order can be shipped ex-stock (3-5 days)

Rotor are made with our continuous carbon fiber (see those beautiful texture), and exclusive angle vane design for efficient cooling.
Rotor kit includes our best street pads (XT910 compound) for optimal brake operation on Carbon Ceramic Rotor.

We still have a few sets left for GT3 pccb replacement made with ST discs, once they are sold out we will only be makig replacement rotors with those premium RB-CCB discs.

RacingBrake is proud to offer the first and only CCB brake upgrade for such a legendary SUV - Jeep SRT8
Old 06-24-2019, 05:04 AM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Black is a great color for the hats
We are shipping a RBCB kit for a customer who is upgrading from his 380mm iron rotor to 410mm pccb size CCM rotor.

Required spacers and longer bolts are included for a bolt on installation.

Note that our rotor hats have been changed and standardized to "BLACK" color with satin finish.

P/N is engraved for positive identification of application and its replacement disc.

Back side of rotor showing RB hardware - Wide flange Allen head for easy assembly/disassembly and preventing from mounting hole corner damage.
Old 06-24-2019, 12:41 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

See reply above.

Same ST discs but different in design and material in rotor hat and hardware, so different rotor (RB or ST).
Our CCM rotors are available locally in Socal for off shelf shipment, urgent need and service can be available next day.
We offer more discs choice, plus pads selection for different applications than ST standard bundle.
I'm lost here. The discs are the same, but the rotors are different? Rotors = discs. I don't get it.
The actual disk is the same ST everybody else sells, but just the hat/hardware is different?
In what way does the hat and mounting hardware affect the end result? I'm asking in the context of a car with stock PCCCBs and just replacing the rotors (while keeping the OEM yellow calipers), thanks!
Old 06-24-2019, 01:27 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 625 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I'm lost here. The discs are the same, but the rotors are different? Rotors = discs. I don't get it.
The actual disk is the same ST everybody else sells, but just the hat/hardware is different?
In what way does the hat and mounting hardware affect the end result? I'm asking in the context of a car with stock PCCCBs and just replacing the rotors (while keeping the OEM yellow calipers), thanks!
Interested in the answer to your questions as well.

"We still have a few sets left for GT3 pccb replacement made with ST discs, once they are sold out we will only be makig replacement rotors with those premium RB-CCB discs."

Sounds like RB was using ST rotors but now has their own rotors with their own materials based on that statement?
Old 06-24-2019, 01:53 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by RDCR
Interested in the answer to your questions as well.

"We still have a few sets left for GT3 pccb replacement made with ST discs, once they are sold out we will only be makig replacement rotors with those premium RB-CCB discs."

Sounds like RB was using ST rotors but now has their own rotors with their own materials based on that statement?
Oh I didn't catch that part.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:46 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Chopped fiber ala Brembo style or single, continuous strand - a huge difference

Quick Reply: 991 PCCB Replacement rotors are finally here