Sponsored by:

Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Is the bar Silver it shiney Black? Silver matches the inside accents but still bars should be ext. color.. And your carpets should be clean.
The bar is powder coated silver. I'm not sure if you're trying to pick a fight, but exterior colors in the interior are tacky.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:59 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Red GTS
What no video ? I'am bummed out now. My wife caught me last night watching one of your video's on the exhaust install. she walked in asking what TV show I was watching, I said "The Money Show" she said is that a Leno garage thing I said Yup but more informative .
Originally Posted by Brandon_
Lol....

Great Thread Matt !!
The funniest comment someone made on one of my videos was: "I was watching one of your videos when my girlfriend walked into the room. I quickly switched to **** because it was easier to explain."
Old 04-19-2015, 07:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,661 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
Good question. I'm not sure. I was too busy taking photos when David was taking the seats out.
I'm interested in this as well!

The bar is powder coated silver. I'm not sure if you're trying to pick a fight, but exterior colors in the interior are tacky.
Its just bling with those seats without seat belts and track use so you might as well go with it I figured. Nothing wrong with putting the bar in, byt might as well make it look cool. silver works for me, blue would be better. I thought it was just black and seems a bit boring for a hardcore enthusiast. We can agree that friends don't let friends paint vent slats although some love it!!

Point is; CS packages come with roll bars that are usually painted in the body color or in the .2RS case the deviating color option.. Whatever, I like it matching anyways. Purple it is

My friend had the painted seat backs in his blue .2GT3, he now has the Sapphire GT3 but with sport buckets, those are CF and should never be painted.

All my taste of course so we can argue that forever and never be right.

Great video's, I haven't all watched them in detail because I don't have a 991 yet and the attention span of a 3 year old but I'll be watching as soon as stuff needs to get done. Like vacuum under my seat when its out ;-)

If I wanted to pick a fight, I'd jump in the car and be in Orlando in about 2 hours to sweep all your cans out of alignment and swap out your tool drawers.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:53 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Matt,
I thought I saw someone (perhaps you) commenting about water pooling somewhere under the front of the car after a wash. I picked up my GT3 from my detailer about a month ago and as I pulled away, water and suds started flying everywhere from under the front of the car. Over the hood, onto the windshield, onto traffic behind me. It was like the scene from Charlie and the Chocolate factory I kid you not...I was trying to find the nearest hole to crawl in. I could feel the looks. "Hey look at the rich a** h**e in his new Porsche. What a fool!" I have searched the forum and can't find it anywhere. I figured you would know of the issue. Where is it collecting and how do you get it dry before you pull the showering suds scene?
Mark
Old 04-20-2015, 04:05 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks for the detailed photos, as always! Roll bar looks great!

I do have to admit, just being completely open and honest here... I'm truly shocked that you left the dirt beneath the seats, and let them reinstall them as is. My wife says you're fired.

I get to keep your car, though.

(Good stuff, as always, nevertheless!)
Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,315 Likes on 689 Posts

LOL,
The last few pages of this thread have been as funny as the earlier ones have been informative.

I don't understand cutting apart a GT3 to install the rollbar if you're not going to track the car/install harnesses.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:45 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I don't understand cutting apart a GT3 to install the rollbar if you're not going to track the car/install harnesses.
Rollover protection? I've seen enough Fast & Furious movies...
Old 04-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
Matt,
I thought I saw someone (perhaps you) commenting about water pooling somewhere under the front of the car after a wash. I picked up my GT3 from my detailer about a month ago and as I pulled away, water and suds started flying everywhere from under the front of the car. Over the hood, onto the windshield, onto traffic behind me. It was like the scene from Charlie and the Chocolate factory I kid you not...I was trying to find the nearest hole to crawl in. I could feel the looks. "Hey look at the rich a** h**e in his new Porsche. What a fool!" I have searched the forum and can't find it anywhere. I figured you would know of the issue. Where is it collecting and how do you get it dry before you pull the showering suds scene?
Mark
Sorry Mark, I missed this one. The water sits in the cooling vent directly in front of the Porsche badge. I try and blow it out after a wash to avoid it sparying the whole car. Usually my car sits for a day or so after a wash, so most of it evaportes. I don't think there is much you can do.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Thanks for the detailed photos, as always! Roll bar looks great!

I do have to admit, just being completely open and honest here... I'm truly shocked that you left the dirt beneath the seats, and let them reinstall them as is. My wife says you're fired.

I get to keep your car, though.

(Good stuff, as always, nevertheless!)
I know, I know... I wanted to play it cool in front of the installers.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drifting
LOL,
The last few pages of this thread have been as funny as the earlier ones have been informative.

In fairness, I swear the rear end feels a bit more planted for all of the 35mph driving I do around town. I get it man. I'm telling you, I just can't handle the track. I've tried several times. It makes me feel like I'm going to die. Sorry to disappoint.

The GMG bar only requires two cuts that are two three inch by one inch holes in one section of the carpet that is easily replaceable.

I can take the heat. At least I know I'm a poser.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:44 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Finally see pics on PC, looks bright silver, on dark I phone looked black. weird.

Cover the car in track tape and lets go to Sebring, I kept everyone out of the wall so far and I promise to keep you out as well
OK, I just want to ride in a GT3 at Sebring, ill even put up with that dirt under the seat ;-)
Old 04-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Finally see pics on PC, looks bright silver, on dark I phone looked black. weird.

Cover the car in track tape and lets go to Sebring, I kept everyone out of the wall so far and I promise to keep you out as well
OK, I just want to ride in a GT3 at Sebring, ill even put up with that dirt under the seat ;-)
I would like to get it out there once just to learn a bit more about the car. I just might take you up on that offer.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

How's this Saturday?
Www.chinmotorsports.com

We'll be at the bar at Chateau 6pm Friday.

Have you gotten any instructing or done track days? If not even just show up to see how it works.

Hope you can make it, first timer or advanced.

Maybe we can talk them into letting me take you for a ride in your car or maybe bum a ride with another gt3?

If not now, I'll keep hitting you up till we drag you down the slippery slope
Old 04-21-2015, 01:49 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

How's this Saturday?
Www.chinmotorsports.com

We'll be at the bar at Chateau 6pm Friday.

Have you gotten any instructing or done track days? If not even just show up to see how it works.

Hope you can make it, first timer or advanced.

Maybe we can talk them into letting me take you for a ride in your car or maybe bum a ride with another gt3?

If not now, I'll keep hitting you up till we drag you down the slippery slope
I've done a Chin Event in my E92. I hated it.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:52 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I've done a Chin Event in my E92. I hated it.
RED CARD! Foul, stating disgust with driving related event on car forum without amplifying information!

You're going to have to elaborate, what did you dislike?

Ryan

Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal