Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 09:29 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

MUCH cleaner and elegant appearance, I'd say big improvement.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:39 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the black/white straight on view. Great switch up Matt.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks great Matt! Glad i could help and the decal showed up, you almost cost my secretary her job
Old 03-29-2015, 12:25 AM
Backroads
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! Clean and succinct. Wish they had done that from the start. Nice job on your part.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:33 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I thought I was being super clever when I decided to copy the GT3 Cup car that I saw a few weeks ago at Titan's open house. I was sure that others have done this before. They just haven't taken any photos. Sure enough, another member, 'kfmcmahon,' posted some photos of exactly what I was planning earlier this week.

I had posted in my Journal that I was planning to ditch my P-O-R-S-C-H-E badge in favor of a simple GT3 decal much like the Cup car and new GT3RS. Another Rennlister, 'fastmd,' shot me a PM. He was very graciously offering to send me a black decal, which is exactly what I wanted. I got the package later last week just in time for the weekend!

I attempted to redo my badge on my C2S, but that was an epic fail. This time was more successful. I really like it. I just hope it holds up.

2014 911 GT3 Rear Emblem Change - YouTube

Hey Matt the new GT3 decal looks great!

My wife always thinks I am obsessed with my cars and keeping them clean, polished and pampered in our garage...she thought I was crazy until I showed her the video of your garage (the part in the youtube video of you washing the GT3 with the baby in your arms) so now she doesn't think I am so fanatic after all---thank you for that!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:46 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Getting Rid of Hard Water Marks

Matt

I have a question that you may be able to help with. My center lock bolt have significant hard water marks from a wash down after a couple of track days recently. I've tried white vinegar with distilled water, CLR as well as Ducky Water Spot remover, all have not touched it. Any suggestions? It looks like sh** doesn't it?
Old 03-29-2015, 11:38 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Hey Matt the new GT3 decal looks great!

My wife always thinks I am obsessed with my cars and keeping them clean, polished and pampered in our garage...she thought I was crazy until I showed her the video of your garage (the part in the youtube video of you washing the GT3 with the baby in your arms) so now she doesn't think I am so fanatic after all---thank you for that!
I get that a lot. I'm making guys all over the world look more normal.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Matt

I have a question that you may be able to help with. My center lock bolt have significant hard water marks from a wash down after a couple of track days recently. I've tried white vinegar with distilled water, CLR as well as Ducky Water Spot remover, all have not touched it. Any suggestions? It looks like sh** doesn't it?
Hmmm....

First, I would try P21S Polishing Soap.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/P21S-...Soap_p_68.html

Next, you might try putting some actual polish on a microfiber towel and hand polishing.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mind the rear Porsche script at all...in fact I like it. Glad you didn't add the Cup tag line Money...
Old 04-02-2015, 04:07 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Matt

Lime away would work I bet with a toothbrush and a fast rinse.

Edit I see you tried clr...so lime away probably won't work on second thought.
Old 04-02-2015, 04:11 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

That looks awesome Money! Love that blue color!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Money2536
I get that a lot. I'm making guys all over the world look more normal.
One more here

I will confess; after seeing your garage I decided that it's time to work on my own dream garage. I will post the project step by step soon as I start. I did the sketch today. I will use saber's cabinets in silver... I hate to be a copycat but it looks so great! I hope you don't mind.

btw. new GT3 decal looks clean and cool!
Old 04-02-2015, 09:20 PM
Shrevehorn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey electric, I'm a copycat too.

I liked money's so much, I'm in the middle of a complete duplication. Close, since I have 2 separate 2 car garages. 2 18 foot doors.

For example, I too went with SwissTrax, but went with a lighter gray ( silver gray) instead of slate gray. Have it down, looks great. I tore out all the wooden shelves built by my contractor, sort of after the fact. Then I had the garages painted. Today I ordered the cabinets from Saber. Same color as Money, which is silver.

Dean was great to work with on my cabinet order. Expect them to arrive before 4.15, but will not start the install until after then.

All good, just need to get the GT3 RS I'm on my dealers list for. ��
Old 04-02-2015, 09:38 PM
ElectricChair
Rennlist Member

Received 200 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrevehorn

I liked money's so much, I'm in the middle of a complete duplication. Close, since I have 2 separate 2 car garages. 2 18 foot doors.

For example, I too went with SwissTrax, but went with a lighter gray ( silver gray) instead of slate gray. Have it down, looks great. I tore out all the wooden shelves built by my contractor, sort of after the fact. Then I had the garages painted. Today I ordered the cabinets from Saber. Same color as Money, which is silver.

Dean was great to work with on my cabinet order. Expect them to arrive before 4.15, but will not start the install until after then.

Hi there, I have the same garage set... 2 separate 2 car garages.

I will first start working on the "Porsche garage" and then later work on the "Family" garage.

Its good to have a 2nd garage to keep the messy stuff there
Old 04-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
One more here

I will confess; after seeing your garage I decided that it's time to work on my own dream garage. I will post the project step by step soon as I start. I did the sketch today. I will use saber's cabinets in silver... I hate to be a copycat but it looks so great! I hope you don't mind.

btw. new GT3 decal looks clean and cool!
Originally Posted by Shrevehorn

Originally Posted by ElectricChair
Hi there, I have the same garage set... 2 separate 2 car garages.

I will first start working on the "Porsche garage" and then later work on the "Family" garage.

Its good to have a 2nd garage to keep the messy stuff there
Dang you guys! It's not fair. I want 2 - Two Car Garages. I have the plan in my head for the addition I want. I need to start getting a commish for selling all of these cabinets and flooring. Please keep me posted on what you guys come up with. I'm sure you'll have some ideas that I didn't think of.

I just ordered this stuff for the drawers. I'll keep you guys posted on how well it works/looks.

http://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/Kaizen-Foam-p13435.htm

Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal