Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,461 Likes on 763 Posts

Guys, how about some inside pictures of the car. I want to see some stitching, carbon fiber, metal peddles. ect
Old 08-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Congrats!

Wow. Am I one of the only port guys left in the cold? Ugh.

Tim, for what is it is worth you are definitely not left out in the cold. If you are then Im stilled buried underneath the glaciers in the north pole.

My car still does not show engine swapped yet and I know they received the engine on 7-14. My guess is that while they were moving my car to the tech bay, some one ran it over with a caterpillar crane. Not a peep from PNCA.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Tim, for what is it is worth you are definitely not left out in the cold. If you are then Im stilled buried underneath the glaciers in the north pole. My car still does not show engine swapped yet and I know they received the engine on 7-14. My guess is that while they were moving my car to the tech bay, some one ran it over with a caterpillar crane. Not a peep from PNCA.
Oh man sorry to hear, Mike.

I would call the gt3 concierge and refuse to hang up until their is some sort of status given.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^^Now that is funny. Hang in there. You will have it shortly. As soon as I get mine I will take about 10 pictures of the inside ect - Can it be done on the I-phone and uploaded here??
Old 08-07-2014, 05:54 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^^Now that is funny. Hang in there. You will have it shortly. As soon as I get mine I will take about 10 pictures of the inside ect - Can it be done on the I-phone and uploaded here??
Yep. The IOS app works for that.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This just arrived. So do I still take the GT3 that is expected to arrive at the dealer any day?

F12 being detailed today better pictures to follow if interested.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

You have a big decision to make. But; totally two different cars but I would probably not take the GT3 and enjoy the beauty above you just got. Unless, you like to track your car so keeping the GT3 would makes sense. Now, you still have no obligation to take the car. But if you do, and knowing some of your frustrations from your posts; you will not drive it for two months and think you will come out of this whole or ahead - my opinion so you may be more pissed off in Nov.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:51 PM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cat. B at the Dealer 1st inspection

Well, saw my Cat B car at the dealer today. All stickers and certificates with the car. So, no waiting on that...... but rear steering actuator failed PDI. I thought oh great gotta ship it from Germany but, no they'll have it tomorrow. I guess it's the same part as the turbos. The rest of the PDI is done except the wash, and boy does it need it. I can tell you without a doubt the cars did sit outside in San Diego. It was filthy!!! Was bouncing back and forth with having them wash it or not. My worry was if I took it dirty and missed something it was on me. So, I spoke with the detailer on staff. I told him I was going to hold him to it, two bucket wash, and no swirl marks. I wanted extra caution because it sat so long outside. The paint look good, no sign of heavy oxidation, just a huge build up of dirt. You can still see some of the adhesive where they removed the shipping covers/stickers. Pictures to follow...
Old 08-07-2014, 10:06 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

That F12 is sick, perfect color man I would love to have that car just perfect. I say keep her and if you are ever in Denver you can drive my GT3 as much as you like! Fair trade of course......
Old 08-07-2014, 10:13 PM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 PM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Default Dirty

How did dirt get inside the car in the window channel seal? Did they leave the windows down in early March

I have may more photos didn't want to take up pages. These are very low resolution. If anyone would like full res, let me know. I just really documented how dirty it was and looking for damage to the paint. You can clearly see where the protective covering was and where the dirt piled up.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:48 PM
HB Driver
Rennlist Member

Default A couple of questions quick?

What does anyone know about PermaPlate? I don't believe that it will last for 5 years, but I'm interested in the warrantee. Covers bird guano stains, acid rain, etc. for 5 years. If it stains, the will try to color correct or they will repaint. Is it BS? Does it dull the finish? Is it worth $400 for the guarantee, it also cover the interior. I think I'll have the dealer do the clear bra. They use X-Pel Ultimate and are covering Bumper, Full Hood, Full Fenders, Side Mirrors, & Headlights for $1495. They remove the headlights etc. They had two cars done in the show room and it looked like excellent work. Much better that my previous car that I had done at an outside shop for $1200. I've gotten 3 quotes and it's sitting in the middle. The dealer said they would give the bra to me at their cost because of the trouble. BS or NOT? I think the price if fair, what does anyone think? They said they warrantee it, and if there is a problem just bring it back to the dealer. Better than chasing someone down that could be gone next month or something.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by HB Driver
Well, saw my Cat B car at the dealer today. All stickers and certificates with the car. So, no waiting on that...... but rear steering actuator failed PDI. I thought oh great gotta ship it from Germany but, no they'll have it tomorrow. I guess it's the same part as the turbos. The rest of the PDI is done except the wash, and boy does it need it. I can tell you without a doubt the cars did sit outside in San Diego. It was filthy!!! Was bouncing back and forth with having them wash it or not. My worry was if I took it dirty and missed something it was on me. So, I spoke with the detailer on staff. I told him I was going to hold him to it, two bucket wash, and no swirl marks. I wanted extra caution because it sat so long outside. The paint look good, no sign of heavy oxidation, just a huge build up of dirt. You can still see some of the adhesive where they removed the shipping covers/stickers. Pictures to follow...
You let them wash it only and NO detail though, right?
Old 08-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw it for the first time today. It was hard to keep the focus on work. Will pick up on Saturday
Old 08-07-2014, 11:08 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Fadi1
Saw it for the first time today. It was hard to keep the focus on work. Will pick up on Saturday
Was it cleaned up already?

Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port